• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blah, Blah, Blah, retailers

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Sooo gang, where exactly do you buy your video games? At a local video game retail like Gamestop, ooooor maybe somewhere broad like Wallmart? Why do you choose to buy your video games at said specific location?

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Years
I only buy my games online. Most of my purchases are online anyway. Last game I bought online, really, is StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm during the pre-release.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Local shops have failed me enough with limited stock, so Amazon. I prefer to avoid directly dealing with Steam and purchase physical copies.

Sortiariux

Pokémon Wizard
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 15, 2014
To be honest, I try and buy games wherever it is cheapest and within a reasonable radius to me. I'm not wasting extra gas money to go far off to who knows where for $1 off a game. I mainly buy games for handheld consoles (Such as the Nintendo DS's) and of course whenever those Steam sales hit (Like the amazing summer sales) I'll be hitting that up.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
GameStop. They have the biggest collection of new and old games. Wal-Mart tends to hold on to newer games. In addition to games, GameStop has all the trimmings, cords, controllers, adapters, game cards and more importantly; Very friendly employees (for the most part) My local GameStops have come to know and love me and recognize me before I enter the store.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Steam + Amazon all the way, baby

Those sales are too good, and having a game collection in the cloud is awesome. I hate GameStop.

TY

Steam for all the PC games i own except for StarCraft 2, which i bought in my local game store along with my PS3/PS2 and all the others.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
We don't have Gamestop here, we have its subsidiary, EB Games. I buy 90% of my games from there, and they have some brilliant service at the one I go to. I never leave without a smile on my face :)

If I'm looking for an older/cheaper game, I'd look at some shops that sell second-hand video games.

Years
If I lived in the US, I'd have no doubt that a majority of my gaming purchases would be through a site like Amazon. I'm pretty impatient when it comes to having anything shipped though, especially across the border, so I just end up going to EB Games/Gamestop whenever there's a game I want to pick up. The only exception to this I can think of is when I bought my 3DS XL at Best Buy, since there's were $40 cheaper at the time.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
Nedgame. We don't have any big shot gaming stores around here, so this is the best I can get. And they've a pretty large stock of niche games and hard-to-get old RPG games.

And Gameshop Play-It. A local store maybe a 500 meter walk from my house, it doesn't have a stock full of desired niche games i'm looking for if i've something on my mind, but they always give you some sort of discount when you shop there frequently, even with newly released games and consoles.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I tend to check Gamestop first if they have used games (if it's a previously released game). But oftentimes I go for either Walmart or Best Buy if I shop in person, or eBay if I shop online if it's new.

Years
EB Games/Gamestop or Steam. Walking into EB Games, for me, is like walking into a gaming paradise. Steam sales are ridiculous, too.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I prefer to buy my games in their physical copy, since I love having the artwork on the box

I buy both online and in store.

Online: I use either Lukie Games or Amazon

In store: I go to Fry's Electronics in Renton WA, large selection of games and so many in stock.

Back