• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

muh316

pokemon trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • NY
  • Seen Dec 8, 2012
I downloaded the beta 5 from page 1, but it came out as a word pad file, and I cannot get it to work; but I got the same file from a different website and it works, but the file will not save.
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot.jpg
Could someone tell me where to get a file that works.

r u using VBA?
make your save type to flash 128k
if you want save in a state just press shift+F1 and then if you want to load it press only F1

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Thanks so much for this game! I can't stop playing it, I LOVE IT!! Great job, I can't wait for the final and finished version to be out! Also, I noticed that in Ice Path there is a waterfall which I went on and then there was an empty room. Is this going to be held for a legendary Pokemon in the future because I found something called a Blue Flute which says that it wakes up a sleeping Pokemon. Also, in blackthorn city I was about to enter the Dragon's Den and I saw an entry to a cave all the way on the right, I can't seem to access it. Is it not available yet, or do I need to find a way to access it? Last question, Is the next version of the game going to be the final and if so do you have an estimate of how long it is until its release because I'm so hyped up for it :D
Thanks

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Thanks so much for this game! I can't stop playing it, I LOVE IT!! Great job, I can't wait for the final and finished version to be out! Also, I noticed that in Ice Path there is a waterfall which I went on and then there was an empty room. Is this going to be held for a legendary Pokemon in the future because I found something called a Blue Flute which says that it wakes up a sleeping Pokemon. Also, in blackthorn city I was about to enter the Dragon's Den and I saw an entry to a cave all the way on the right, I can't seem to access it. Is it not available yet, or do I need to find a way to access it? Last question, Is the next version of the game going to be the final and if so do you have an estimate of how long it is until its release because I'm so hyped up for it :D
Thanks

Well, the The cave in Ice Path is going to a Ice Type lengendary,

and the Big Rock blocking the way in Dragon's Den, well, it's supposed

to be a cave where a Dragon Type Lengendary is going to to be held inside.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024

I think I know what the Ice type Legendary is but there are a couple of Dragon ones out there. Better not spoil it :cheeky:.

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
Years
i have a good idea of what pokemon will be in the ice path and the dragons den...............BUT SPOIL ISNT GOOD AT ALL

I´m curious and thats why im asking this, how do you know about which legendaries will and will not be in the game?

OT: Hmm... my save states list is like this:

State 2: Backup of State 1.

State 3: Before starting a battle with any trainer.

State 4: Reviewing "Earthquakes".

On Topic: Hmm, great hack with that annoying Carlos with the

way so it makes the hack more interactive!!

Have a Question though.

Are there any more minigames?

What is the total number of Minigames your inserting?

for now i think there will be:

Naranja Falls mini-game
you fall down on a water fall to get money and items

Teasure Cave mini-game
find the way out of an unflasheble and dark cave and win a rare candy

Match mini-game
simple memory game to get money if you win

Dig mini-game
to find stones and fossils of course

These are the ones i saw, so far i thing there will be more

Last edited by a moderator:

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
I think I know what the Ice type Legendary is but there are a couple of Dragon ones out there. Better not spoil it :cheeky:.

There is only 1 Dragon legendary in the 3 generations (Dialga/Palkia/Girantina don't count since they are 4th generation), namely Rayquaza.
Dragonite and similar pokemon are only "semi-legendary".

Also, Zel said that EVERY pokemon of the R/B/Y/G/S/C/Ru/Sa/Em generation will be present in this game.

El Moss

General Cool Guy
Years
There is only 1 Dragon legendary in the 3 generations (Dialga/Palkia/Girantina don't count since they are 4th generation), namely Rayquaza.

Also, Zel said that EVERY pokemon of the R/B/Y/G/S/C/Ru/Sa/Em generation will be present in this game.

Awwwwww, now you ruined the SUPRISE!!! :P

And to P0kelegend:

I think that blue flute is just an item you can use again and again to wake up your own pokemon. Nothing special.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I think that Zel might put Mew in the new Islands he's making.
I think Zel's gonna make the last rival battle against Carlos with lvl 100s

muh316

pokemon trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • NY
  • Seen Dec 8, 2012
i want to ask a question how can i determine which beta i am downloading because i am downloading this for psp from another website(because that is psp compatible i think) and i have GBA emulator on it so do you noe how to determine it

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023

You forgot about Latios and Latias. ^^
And someone asked where's thw first obtainable water stone: inside Dragon's Den. Battle the 3 tamers in the order they appear. Different sequences will change the stone. Don't know exactly how, though. I always got the water one.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Thanks for some of the answers. But, with the cave I wasn't talking about the one INSIDE the Dragon's Den. I was talking about the one on the outside, stand outside of the Dragon's Den where the old man was blocking the entry, now look to your right. There is s cave there, is that accessible yet? Also, does anyone know if the next version of the game is the final and when it would come out? I'm so excited and hyped up, I can hardly wait :D

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Dragon's Den features a powerful Dragon type, mainly Dragonite or Kingdra. Why these two? The Ice Path is real close by and you can catch Dratini and Dragonair, why not Dragonite?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I'm not really sure if I'll be replying to everyone, or if I'll be replying to someone that has already received a reply, but whatever, the important thing is that, at the end of this post, there is a little update. Yay!

However do you think you'll ever change the mountain tile?
And how is the progress going? (I did read first post, just wanna know how your getting along :) )

I dont think so. I could have changed it to the DP one, but I guess it's overused now. So, I'll stick with the FR one, with the palettes I've put in.

Progress? Well, since I finished the minigames, now I have to do two Trick House puzzles. Then I should pay some attention to all the music stuff clonex and Magnius have been working on, and then...
...the pain, killing bugs and testing, dont you all hate that? :P

Why did you call Red, Carlos thats lame, and why did you swear in goldenrod?

Again, he's supposed to be an older guy than the heroes, so he certainly acts a bit different. Not like the game's dialogues will become just a bunch of bad words, but, one or two could show up, specially when the situation deserves it.

And, in case you didnt know. That situation was just what happened to me when I played the original Gold. Whitney just swept the floor with me the first time I played the game and she left me cursing her... XP

What'll you do when Kanto is complete? will you just quit on the game, or will you think up some new zones, put the sevii islands in, or even think up some new plot involving teams aqua or magma?

No, no more "evil teams" please. They tend to be repeatitive and boring to script. You'll just have some fun with some of the old (and a new) rivals in a small island on a new region.

To solve this once and for all for zel: If you are using any emu other than vba, you are on your own. However, i suggest this:

zel, I'm not gonna ask what, but will any of the giant rocks be removed in beta6? The same way, will there be more legendaries released other than Lugia (just yes or no)? I don't wanna spoil any surprise, i just want to know it there will be any XD

EDIT: And the trainer building in vermillion?

The only one that will be removed is the one in R4, and not till you finish another event first. All the others remain there, which means there must be something important that I dont want to give you access to yet.
And, as I said a few times already. Counting Lugia, there'll be four legendaries showing up, but you wont be able to catch all four of them.

The trainer building is working in Vermilion, though it seems it worked with some connection or something in the original Gold. I always played it and it was "every day you go there and you battle that dude that looked like the hero", well, it's gonna be the same thing.
Though probably in the future I want to make it like you can battle against a trainer with the three Kanto starters or a trainer with the three Hoenn starters (and the one with the Johto starters as well)
*NOTE: No, no Brendan/May for the Hoenn starters!*

I wonder what the name of the island(s) is.

I guess it doesnt matter if I post it or not, as a character will mention it in B6. The islands are called the "Midga Islands" (and since there are two main islands, locals call them the "Big Midga" and the "Small Midga", in the latter is where the last part of SG will be held)

Hey Zel, Awesome game man I enjoyed playing it. The gameplay was awesome, music remixes, everything!.
In a form of my appreciation I would like you to have this:3

userbar.gif

Hope you like it!

Just quoting so I dont forget about it. Thanks!

Zel modified Trainer Music !
Please!

I think you already said that, and you also sent me a PM about that, and I already replied (in both ways) that they will be changed.

Very WIP Kanto Gym Battle Theme Remix I did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nTNhKroBGo

It's sounding cool. I'm glad you are taking drums more seriously, it certainly makes the last themes you've done much better.

hey Zel, on beta 5, after you beat the last gym in johto (dragon one) you r sent to look for dragon fang rite? anyways... a found a lil "bug" while doing so: i had my inventory FULL so when i got to "pick up" the dragon fang.. it said my inv was full... but still the gym leader would come... talk her lines gimme da badge n the TM.. so i said... wow.. funny i didnt pick it up... n when i picked it up again (after tossing an item) a "ghost" (cuz no one really appeared) started to talk to me, gave me da badge n da TM again... i restarted the game just to c if i could do it over n over... n i actually could...

Not that dragon breath is such a GREAT TM... but could sell some of those for money :p got like 50..... the prob is the scrypts arent looking for u to actually "posses" the item... they rather activate themselves when u press A button on dat tile... at least thats da feeling i get...

I always recommend people to have room for new items, because I never (and I'll probably never fix that, considering how many items are scattered around) check if your bag is full or not. I have been noticed about that bug before, but as I said, I dont think I'll want to change it.

...stuff...

Yeah, I want to point out that this message was too long for me to get interested at looking at it. If there was something you were asking me, please do it again without quoting so many people.
And remember that I have to read a lot of messages, it's better that the messages are not too long, thanks '^_^

It's been a very long time since the release of the last beta.

So, is Zel even working on Beta 6, or better, the final version?

Well, at least I still plan to release the next one before this year ends, while the final sometime next year (this thing of getting a job wasnt in my plans so I'll have to move my expectations a little)

But, I'll work on it, if there is time and the mood is right.

I have a question for Zel.
If he built Johto on the Sevii Islands then why is the paletting for the places in Kanto wierd in Beta 5 when I look at it in Advance Map 1.9?

Paletting = Mapping?

Arent you confused with how the maps look in terms of tiles. Because I know that looks like a mess (in fact, currently they look fine, as I have finished the remaining Kanto maps for B6)

my question to you (or anyone that could help me) is - where is the earliest place you can get a water stone in this game?

The Dragon Den, there is a certain order when battling the three dragon trainers there that will give you a Water stone. I dont remember which order.

Can I get some info on what to do with the GS BAll? I went back to Kurt and he keeps saying hes busy after i talked to proffessor Elm about it.

If he says he's busy, then, he's busy. Just go outside, walk around for a while trying to not touch anything, and after a few minutes of walking, he'll be ready to progress with the event.

I think that Zel might put Mew in the new Islands he's making.
I think Zel's gonna make the last rival battle against Carlos with lvl 100s

Most likely (about Carlos' battle), but also, most likely, a lot of people around that island will be close to the 100s (and definitely, they'll be on the 100s on the X version)

-----

UPDATE

I'm a bit tired to explain in details what the last minigame is about, but perhaps with the description in the video it will be enough. I'll try to write something in the next post, but I think it's pretty evident what'll happen when you see the video and the description.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GjVE7KqsOI

Also...

I'll repeat it again, now that I've finished the last minigame, I'll have to start to create two new Trick House puzzles (probably during the next two weeks). After that, I'll have to see what clonex and Magnius have been doing and deciding stuff about the music (if there is something to decide), not sure how much that'd take (depends on how satisfied I am with how the music is sounding by then, probably :P). And, once all (or, what we have) the music is inserted, I'll start to fix some bugs, updating some scripts and when I finish that I (and my testers, if they are around by then XD) will run a beta test (fixing some more bugs and all that crappy stuff)
Around the time of beta testing I'll start to show some screenshots.

By the way, dont be surprised if I decide to close the thread in the next days, because I dont think I'll have anything interesting to say, and it'll probably be better to have it closed to avoid spamming. For now it'll be open because I want to hear some comments about the last minigame, but, again, dont be surprised if I decide to close the thread for a while.

That's it. Be good everyone! ;)

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
I love the new minigame Zel! It's really a good idea. We've been needing some sort of hard game to get Rare Candies (competitive battlers are gonna love this) and Flash caves w/out flash are very hard even if you know the layout.

As for closing the thread. Its about time, too much spamming. Looking forward to Beta 6 (good to know it'll be here soon! :) )

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2011
This game has been quite exciting, however, I cannot figure out how to properly save. I'm using a Mac with VBA...I'm sorry if this has been covered but I've done my best to search through the 300+ pages on this game and come up dry.. Can anyone help?

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2008
This game has been quite exciting, however, I cannot figure out how to properly save. I'm using a Mac with VBA...I'm sorry if this has been covered but I've done my best to search through the 300+ pages on this game and come up dry.. Can anyone help?

click file then go down to save game and then click in 1 of the places with shift f1 or shift f2 next to it

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
Another great minigame, reminds me of the times i crossed the Rock Tunnel in Red without flash, because i didnt want to have Flash on any party pokemon :laugh:
I keep wondering what good scripting CAN'T do, it's incredible how you do these minigames, specially the waterfall one.

Back