• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] What about fangames annoys you most? [Aspiring developers look here!]

What is the worst thing(s) about Pokemon fangames?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

poke-world

Banned
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
that the topics are filled with utter spam, many people decide to use the same, boring storyline, that nothing has really been planned, that there are no new features or systems, that updates are made, but don't show much of anything, and that many people put poor-looking Fakemon in there games (Acanthite excluded).

Yukari

most fangames are never finished and have a lack of originality and are never done :(

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
For me, its a. Spelling and Grammar. Please people, I advise typing EVERYTHING into MS Word, Pages, OpenOffice or whatever word processing program you have with spell check, and make sure it WORKS!!!! I've seen some pretty good games out there that have put me off because of spelling.
b. Very few new features. It's great to have a awesome game, you know? New storyline, new region, new cities, great everything... but it's basically the same features as every game has... I mean, what would it take to just have a nice event here or there that looks nice, hm hm? Maybe the Pokémon are all visible form a GUI at the top of the screen? That'd be cool. What about a fully interactive day/night system, with berries only growing in day and the Pokémon Center is closed at night? Cool! You get me?

c. Pokemon Essentials. Linking back to b, I know a lot of people use Pokemon Essentials and rely on it for a lot of things in their games. But there is little variety. Many people use default scripts, default settings, default resources, and just make a game from that. No creativity there whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back