• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Hey 2 quick questions

1) What's a Sunflora lake???

2) What's a better sixth slot for my team: Dusknoir (training it from a duskull) or ??? (any other poke)

My Team is
Charizard lvl 43 (A full on Striker)
Piloswine lvl 44 (trying to get it to evolve to a Mamoswine)
Snorlax lvl 38 (He's basically a wall for toxic and revive :D)
Scizor lvl 42 (With Sword Dance, he's a full on Attacker)
Lapras lvl 35 (It can take hits and Perish Song is one of my fav moves)

...and I'm currently on my way to the fifth gym :D
I should strongly recommend you a Riolu (and then Lucario) of course seeing your team has no resistance from Psychic as well as some other types

So far, I've only found two of the lakes, not sure if there is more. Basically its a small pond just full of nothing but sunflora, I've found a lvl 0 and lvl 100, so it ranges from those numbers. The two I've found were in Drakebreath and Esmerald City, they give a good amount of exp 40+ lvls, best to use the lucky egg for best results. I use fire, ice, dragon, and flying in those lakes to train and it takes time but you get good results after.

Edit: Btw, I'm having a problem with the game just now, on the 2nd floor of Mt Lauren, right when I battle the lass, n it says ???(the name) sent out Bellasom(or however you spell it) it freezes. help! Ive reset it 3 times n same result >.> I'm using an android and the emulator is My Boy free.
That Bellossom glitch has been fixed ages ago in latest beta.

Hello, someone mentioned to report if your Pokemons get healed when you talk to Shinx, well i talked to one with the girl near the Poke Mart in Seanport City and it healed my Pokemons. I don't know if it's mentioned or not but i thought i should report it anyway.
Yeah SnakeByte himself announced about those Shinxes.;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2015
I decided to just use the walk thru walls cheat so i could continue on without starting new game.

Edit: New Problem,after i beat the fighting type gym in lauren region, there are 3 boulders blocking my way. Ive used ice smash n no luck,help plz.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
I found another "Healing Shinx" in the Supermarket in the Drakebreath City on the first floor.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I found another "Healing Shinx" in the Supermarket in the Drakebreath City on the first floor.
Wow. I didn't know Shinx were so smart in this game, being able to heal Pokémon! I wonder why mine's never done that...oh, wait...

Did you try the one in Central City for this? I know there's one there, but never knew of the healing properties so I'm curious.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2012
Okay since I just realized Mamoswine isn't in this game (finding out this now being the idiot I am) I wanna replace Piloswine with something else b/c the whole reason I got it was because I wanted a Mamoswine...... (and this is my second run of the game)

So My Team so far consists of (excluding my lvl 55 Piloswine)....

Charizard lvl 54 (High Sp. Atk / Good Spd)
Slash (Thinking about replacing this with Dragon Claw later on)
Wing Attack (Fly?...)
Lava Surf
Flamethrower

Scizor lvl 54 (High Atk)
Steel Wing
Sword Dance (:D)
Agility (To pick up its 84 spd)
??? (Used to be Cut but deleted it b/c I missed out on a lot of good learned moves b/c of it)

Lapras lvl 48 (Average Stats)
Surf
Ice Beam (Blizzard???)
Body Slam
Rain Dance

Snorlax lvl 49 (Good Sp. Def / Attack)
Body Slam
Defense Curl
Belly Drum (w/ Body Slam defeated about everything I faced 1HKO)
Rest

Possible Choices:
Tyranitar
Crunch
Hyper Beam / Thrash
Earthquake
???

Dragonite
Outrage
Thunder
Fly / Glide
???

Drapion
Toxic
Iron Tail (Idk if it learns it but yeah)
Poison Fang (is this attack even in the game???)
???

So what do you guys think??? Any suggestions or stuff? I'm at the 7th gym...
THANX SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2016
Okay since I just realized Mamoswine isn't in this game (finding out this now being the idiot I am) I wanna replace Piloswine with something else b/c the whole reason I got it was because I wanted a Mamoswine...... (and this is my second run of the game)

Wing Attack (Fly?...)
Lava Surf
Flamethrower

Scizor lvl 54 (High Atk)
Steel Wing
??? (Used to be Cut but deleted it b/c I missed out on a lot of good learned moves b/c of it)

Surf
Ice Beam (Blizzard???)
Body Slam
Rain Dance

Body Slam
Defense Curl
Rest

Possible Choices:
Tyranitar
Crunch
Hyper Beam / Thrash
Earthquake
???

Dragonite
Outrage
Thunder
Fly / Glide
???

Drapion
Toxic
???

if i were you, being as i have ran through the game almost 4 times now with different teams....... i would add Dragonite to that team. I had a lvl 73 Dragonite on my second run and he almost handled the entire elite four by himself.......... outrage is one hell of a move......... plus he has insane attack and defense, and even crazier speed. After my second run, i took him every time. if you start training him at Dardusk when you get him, using exp share, he should evolve right before you get to Steam HQ. He, or Lapras, is a must for the last gym.

Years

Wing Attack (Fly?...)
Lava Surf
Flamethrower

Scizor lvl 54 (High Atk)
Steel Wing

Surf
Ice Beam (Blizzard???)
Body Slam
Rain Dance

Body Slam
Defense Curl
Rest

Possible Choices:
Tyranitar
Crunch
Hyper Beam / Thrash
Earthquake
???

Dragonite
Outrage
Thunder
Fly / Glide
???

Drapion
Toxic
???

Try Abomasnow because its quite cool with cool moves and it can be found at high level in its own form or in the shape of Snover

Years
Sooo I know I'm a little out of subject but I have read that there might be a Pokemon Platinum X version with new features and stuff.So will there be such a thing?
My current team is:
Flygon (59)
Rampardos(63) enormous att.
Vespequeen (51)
Dusknoir (50)
any idea what should I add?

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2012
Sooo I know I'm a little out of subject but I have read that there might be a Pokemon Platinum X version with new features and stuff.So will there be such a thing?
My current team is:
Flygon (59)
Vespequeen (51)
Dusknoir (50)

Hmm...how about a Wall like Snorlax (who can also be a Tank with Belly Drum and Rest) or a Baton Passer that can increase Ramp. already high att. or vesequeen who as I recall doesn't have such a high attack. Why not add a fighting pokemon like Machamp (or Lucario....i just never like him without his sig. Aura Sphere which isnt in this game) Either that or a poison to screw your opponents over??? Hope I've been helpful!

Years
My current team is:
Flygon (59)
Vespequeen (51)
Dusknoir (50)
Yeah as I mentioned earlier SonicBlazePlatinum is planning to do the X version for it but on the other day he said it will take about one year or two to finish it as he is very busy nowadays

UtopiaRay

Pokemon Champion
Years
Yes! It made a Comeback! I loved the old Light Platinum, But this is even better! I love the new graphics and the characters!

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Can someone please help me out?
so im in the tower in kosaka city & even if i beat team steam i cant leave because the stupid guard is outside the door and i cant go back inside either :'( i dont wamt to have to start the whole game over AGAIN just because of glitches not letting me move forward

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
since nobody read my previous post, i'd like to ask once more, if the gym leaders and elite 4/champion can get their original battle themes instead of the regular trainer theme, because when i played the hack that regular music was starting to tick me off...anyways if that's fixable, then good, also good hack, just looking forward for this fix....

Back