• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
I think the first Generation Pokemon should be left untouched, they're fine as they are and altering their line in any way would probably lower their standards.

Some Pokemon could use improving. When people say leave the first Gen Pokemon, they don't actually realize they are including Eevee. Eevee deserves some more evo's.

EDIT: Also, I really want to see more Dragon and Ghost Types. Also, perhaps some extra Ice types. There isn't enough of them. For Dragon, you should keep the rarity, but Ghost types need a real bulk on their numbers. I think there's 13 Ghost Pokemon. Really? That's really quite bad. Ghost's are so rare in the game, and I feel that they should be more common. Especially at night time. They need the Pokemon only appear at night/day thing. It really helps.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
I want a Psychic-Bug type praying mantis, a pine tree evolutionary branch and an oak tree evolutionary branch for Bonsly (no pun intended), a Normal-type echidna, a new Eeveelution, a pre-evolution for Carvanha/Sharpedo that branches into either Pokemon and a Water-Grass leafy seadragon Pokemon.

Also: Normal/Water/Poison (pick two) type PLATYPUS POKEMON! I win :D

blue

gucci
Years
Oh, we still haven't got a Peacock Pokemon! I'm hoping this is the Generation that brings one.
Peacock_pokemon_by_deidara_fuuka.png

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
What about parallels? You know - those pokemon who have features that look identical to another? EG. A lot of people say that the new deer legendary looks a lot like Dialga + Sawsbuck, and that Fennekin looks similar to Vulpix. Will there be more parallels like that?

[caaause I'm sure there will be a pokemon that resembles Pikachu. oo;]

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
I want a beaver Pokemon. I guess Bidoof/Bibarel are beavers but I want one that isn't such a joke.

Other awesome things could be:
- Meerkat
- Pretty much any dinosaur/fossil types I would welcome with open arms
- Crane
- Lynx (all my want)

Also like people stated above Red Panda (Spinda sucks, is it really supposed to be a red panda? It honestly doesn't look like one at all) and a Peacock would be awesome ideas for Pokemon.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Wow, other people already have some of my ideas. OK, one pokemon I really want, is some cool ghost types. I know some people don't like them, but they are really pretty low on pokemon compared to other types. One type I'd really like is Ghost/Steel with levitate, though I could see it getting a bit out of hand with good stats and a good moveset. Another type I want is Dark/Psychic. It has a 4x bug type weakness, but I just want to see one, honestly.

Moving on, I would like to see a Killer Whale, or maybe even a normal whale really. I also want an owl pokemon, they're one of my favorite animals. Mostly, for this gen, I honestly care most about the typings of the pokemon. I really want new combinations, that are different.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Maybe there will be new forms of pokemon? ie. Rotom?

I'd also definitely want a dinosaur type pokemon and maybe another machine-esque type pokemon... that'd be cool and scientific~!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What about parallels? You know - those pokemon who have features that look identical to another? EG. A lot of people say that the new deer legendary looks a lot like Dialga + Sawsbuck, and that Fennekin looks similar to Vulpix. Will there be more parallels like that?

[caaause I'm sure there will be a pokemon that resembles Pikachu. oo;]

I don't think so tbh. It's just by chance that they look similar, B/W made sense to have parallels but these games not really unless it's coincidental imo.

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
I always overthink things like this but heres what I want:

New Pokemon I'd like to see:

Killer Whale: Water/Dark or Water/Ice.
Simple really.

Tiger Twins: [White Tiger - Ice/Dark] V.S [Orange Tiger - Fire/Psychic].
Two tigers evolving once each into larger versions. Each has a type that the other is weak against.

Komodo Dragon: Poison/Fire or Poison/Dragon.
3 Stage pokemon that starts as a plain Poison type, but evolves to acquire another type in its third stage (like Nidoking/Nidoqueen).

Frilled Lizard: Fire/Grass.
Leaf like scales with a tail that is seemingly on fire like this:
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4032/4719266030_5aa7201f2c_z.jpg

Rockhopper Penguin: Ice/Electric.
3 Stage pokemon. Ice because of where the penguin lives, Electric because this species of penguin has yellow eyebrows lol.
http://www.isciencemag.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Rockhopper-128x128.jpg

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
one would think the Rockhopper would have rock lol.

I want a Ghost/Grass with Solar Power, and Ghost/Steel pokemon with levitate.

Also just because the Y mascot's logo is red doesn't mean it's fire, look at Zekrom, it has blue but isn't water nor is Rayquaza a Grass type(though in Japan wind is associated with the color green).

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
pokemon x pokemon y

I want a strong otter pokemon water and eletric

Years
What i would hope to see
Flamingo- normal/flying
Triceratops- dragon
Panda- normal/fighting
Monkey from the sea lol- water/fighting
A humanoid insect- bug ( kind of like accelgor with legs)
Tiger- water
A flying/ghost type
Some powerful electric types with simple art no electivire
Some more water types period
Another steel/ flying

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
What kinds of pokémon would like to see?

I'm not really talking about they're types, just appearance. Like, which animals would you like to see or something, get it?

I would love to see a lion pokémon. Entei and Manetric seem to be the closest thing to lions. I really want a lion. And since this game is obviously going to be about genetics, it could "fuse" with Skuropi and become a Manticore.

Maybe they could do something similar with Braviary and create a Griffin.

How about a Cerberus? Could be Houndoom or Poochyena's evolution.

I'm happy that they made a Fennec Fox - Fennekin. It's one of my favorite animals.

I don't think we have a wolf pokémon, do we?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Mightyena is a wolf, Arcanine could be as well.

I kind of want another Crocodile/Aligator Pokemon, and maybe a Flying/Bug Hummingbird. Something along the lines of Vespiquen would be welcome too, as its my favorite Bug-type. Perhaps a worker bee evolution to Combee so the male ones aren't worthless?

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Mightyena is a wolf, Arcanine could be as well.

I kind of want another Crocodile/Aligator Pokemon, and maybe a Flying/Bug Hummingbird. Something along the lines of Vespiquen would be welcome too, as its my favorite Bug-type. Perhaps a worker bee evolution to Combee so the male ones aren't worthless?

Actually, Mightyena is a hyena. Arcanine is a bit lion'ish mixed with big dog, I don't think of it as a wolf.
If they made a wolf pokémon they could make it evolve at night to a werewolf.

I agree with you on the combee thing. The males really are worthless, and every pokémon should have their value and potential!
A humming bird pokémon would be new. Want.
How about a a Stork or an Ostrich? We don't have those yet.

As for another crocodile/aligator? Which typing? We already have Sandile line and Totodile line. Not sure if I'm forgetting something.

Back