• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you think there will be travel between regions?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I left those two off do to the 103, and 203 xD. It's also not Unova's route 3 either...
If Kanto or Unova are in this game the routes are going be confusing for newbies, "wait Route 3? Wasn't there a route 3 in XYZ region? What?"

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
As stated, the games are definitely not set in an old region. Honestly, if anything is going to happen in an old region it's going to be a remake, although a new story in one would be a cool concept. I wouldn't like it like GSC's Kanto though, as the was a very bare-bones story line. If we're going to travel to another region, give us an entire story to traverse through, not just Gym Leader fights with minimal story aspects in between.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I do agree that with Routes starting at 1 (3 is there, clearly) that there will be no second region added. It's too bad, really. Hoenn used 1xx because the other releases that generation used 1-25 in Kanto, and Sinnoh used 2xx for the same reason, except it was 1-48 for Johto included. Since Hoenn and Sinnoh used alternate numbers, it means that we could still see them this generation, more likely Hoenn, but we have to wait for official news on that.

They also won't give it to us nine months early like with a new game because we all know the games already.

Cyclone

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
I take back the Kanto thing, it was a very stupid idea XD, because it just struck me that. That I hope the new region takes place instead of a new regional island but on Mainland Kanto-Johto, because I don't think the up northern part of the two regions have been exposed much.

Call me out if I'm wrong, but I think North of Kanto-Johto havent been used yet. Plus it would be easy if the region is up there, and we can travel to either Kanto or Johto, with ease.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I take back the Kanto thing, it was a very stupid idea XD, because it just struck me that. That I hope the new region takes place instead of a new regional island but on Mainland Kanto-Johto, because I don't think the up northern part of the two regions have been exposed much.

Call me out if I'm wrong, but I think North of Kanto-Johto havent been used yet. Plus it would be easy if the region is up there, and we can travel to either Kanto or Johto, with ease.
Here are the four different regions from Japan.

Of note, I can see that Hoenn - based on the southernmost point of Japan - and Sinnoh - based on the northern island - can never connect. Kanto and Johto even should not have connected; there's another unexplored area in the middle of the two actual areas in Japan. Unova meanwhile is based on New York City, and the rapid growth of the city can be seen as why Aspertia Town and the other new areas appear (rapid growth in Unova).

Cyclone

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Have they confirmed that its a brand new region?

Because we don't know. The game could take place in the Kanto region. And your goal is to go to all of the other regions and beat them all.

But the travel between Regions...would be hard to picture from a small DS chip. But the Japanese are crafty people. They could pull it off.

Also on that note! Kanto in general I wouldn't like to explore in these games because I'm so over Kanto and I'd much prefer a lesser repeated region.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I would love to be able to go to another region. It would be cool if you could go to Sinnoh or maybe Hoenn since they haven't had any remakes. It would make the game longer and probably more fun.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Here are the four different regions from Japan.

Of note, I can see that Hoenn - based on the southernmost point of Japan - and Sinnoh - based on the northern island - can never connect. Kanto and Johto even should not have connected; there's another unexplored area in the middle of the two actual areas in Japan. Unova meanwhile is based on New York City, and the rapid growth of the city can be seen as why Aspertia Town and the other new areas appear (rapid growth in Unova).

Cyclone
Actually Johto is partially made up of the area between the two that you've mentioned, if not it'll have been smaller...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Actually Johto is partially made up of the area between the two that you've mentioned, if not it'll have been smaller...
kantojohto.png

I dunno, but I'd say an entire region fits there, not just Routes 26 thru 28.

Cyclone

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Of course i wish this would be possible. Imagine travelling through Kanto or Johto again in a 3D universe! Simply amazing, definitely. But as with Unova, i'm pretty sure this will be a an independent region. Kanto and Johto were both based on Asian regions, so having a connection there makes sense. Unova was based on the US, and if the new region is really based on Europe, it would make sense to be an independent one as well.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I'll admit I initially thought that when RSE first came out that I'd finishe the storyline and then get to travel to Kanto and Johto then.

Now, I think it'd be way too much for the developers to do. First, you'd need to write a reason for the story to end up visiting all the older regions again, and then you'd need to develop a story for each reason, not to mention as someone said creating the maps and everything... there's an awful lot of work involved in it...

Nonetheless, it would be nice to see, but I don't think it ever will happen.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It would be nice, if the franchise were to ever reach an end and be discontinued, to get a final new region that is somehow connected to all other regions from the first four gens., and then by air to Unova and other international-based regions.

However, it's like Mario. An end is not nigh and probably will never be.

Cyclone

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
Given the landmarks that we've seen so far in this new region, it seems like the developers are trying to make this new region geographically distant from the first four Japanese-inspired ones. In the trailer, we see an Eiffel Tower-like structure and a chateau much like the Palace of Versailles. Obviously, this region is based off of France, just like Unova was supposed to be like New York City, albeit with some creative liberties to make it interesting, which I've come to expect from the Pokemon series.

Travel to other regions wouldn't make sense, and frankly I don't want it. However, I wouldn't be opposed to having travel to the Pokemon equivalents of France's overseas territories. Those islands could easily boast event Pokemon...

Years
I dunno, but I'd say an entire region fits there, not just Routes 26 thru 28. - cyclone

Not gonna lie to me that area looks strikingly similar to the region map we just got.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I would say this region will not be any close from Unova, just a feeling i have. Maybe Unova (and BW) were meant to reboot the series, but since this will be the first Pokemon Game on the 3DS, i'm thinking it will be like a re-re-boot

blue

gucci
Years
If Unova is set in New York and Karos is set in France then they're miles apart, so unless you can travel via air travel then I doubt we'll be revisiting any old regions.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
If Unova is set in New York and Karos is set in France then they're miles apart

My point exactly. Plus, travel between regions was only possible GSC and HG/SS, which is basically what makes these games so special. Since then, we didn't have the sleightest travel between any of the new and old regions, so why include it now??

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If Unova is set in New York and Karos is set in France then they're miles apart, so unless you can travel via air travel then I doubt we'll be revisiting any old regions.
This.

And besides, when Johto and Kanto were connected, keep in mind the base areas are actually located near each other. The one in the middle ceased to exist in the merge and likely will not become a region unless connected somehow via Route 26/27 someday.

Cyclone

Back