• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
Well done, this is a very well done hack. The events are all well done, and I haven't found a single error (a part from the map). The custom OWs look great and the gameplay is smooth. And it does look very professional.
Rating this I give it a 9.5/10.
- 0.5 point for similarities to FR/LG. (Mainly at the start)

Last edited:
Years
Man!
This is the best hack I've ever played in my Romhacking career.
And i just want to say "Thank you!" for a great hack.
I can't wait for the next beta.
Good luck!:)

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Thanks, I'm really happy that you guys enjoyed the beta. :)

I'll try to keep the "professionalism" consistent throughout the entire game.

PokeFreakBror

I never use this site.
Years
Pretty good :) But if you go out of the lab with your first PKMN go in again The profs. name is oak. That should be fixed. A backsprite for the hero should also be made. If you don't know how you gotta use tile molester

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Pretty good :) But if you go out of the lab with your first PKMN go in again The profs. name is oak. That should be fixed. A backsprite for the hero should also be made. If you don't know how you gotta use tile molester

If you read the readme in the file you would've seen those things adressed. I already know about them. :/

Edit: I've been working on areas that are later on in the game, just thought I'd share some screenshots with you guys.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years
If you read the readme in the file you would've seen those things adressed. I already know about them. :/

Edit: I've been working on areas that are later on in the game, just thought I'd share some screenshots with you guys.

Spoiler:

The screenshots look very nice. It almost looks like they are connected, even though they probably aren't. xD. I really love your mapping style and how it is so, neat and tidy, I guess. Great work already, I can't wait for more!

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
How do you get past the second city? The slowpoke is blocking the way.

By the way, good hack so far.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
So far, great. But I couldn't finish it since my computer decided to give up on me. :[

E3DaMeX

Didn't even know this was released. =O Time to play this! Thanks.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Didn't even know this was released. =O Time to play this! Thanks.
np!

Well, I finished the beta. It's awesome!
BTW, where can I get to the Sewers Section in this Hack?
That area's not in this beta, it'll be in beta 2 in Dordoran City.

Speaking of the next beta, I'm planning the second one to go up to the 6th gym and releasing it near the end of this year.
I'm not making any guarantees, though.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Just finished playing the beta and it was fantastic! Truly one of the best hacks at the moment. Should be a very strong contender for HotY (if there is one this year). The mapping is some of the best I've ever seen. The scripting is really solid too. My only complaint would be some of the RSE tiles. They just don't seem to fit in some areas.

Looking forward to more updates soon!

EDIT: This has been bugging me for a long time (I thought someone else would've pointed it out first). Are what appears to be tile errors in the lower left part of the screenshot in your signature intentional? I noticed you fixed the tile error at the northern part of the ledge so I assumed there was a reason for not fixing the mountain.

Last edited:

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
EDIT: This has been bugging me for a long time (I thought someone else would've pointed it out first). Are what appears to be tile errors in the lower left part of the screenshot in your signature intentional? I noticed you fixed the tile error at the northern part of the ledge so I assumed there was a reason for not fixing the mountain.
Try overlaying those 2 parts of those rock tiles in a-map and see what you get... it results in some black spaces (the transparent color not being filled in) so I used the other mountian blocks that are filled in... it's too difficult to explain I'm just going to pull the screenshot from my signature. :s

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
New update (kinda).

I've been working on the new areas for beta 2 and they've been going good so far. I would post some screenshots but my rom is on my other computer. Now I've been working on some other things too lately... mostly on the things with the hero. I've made his backsprite but I have no clue which to use. I'd like some opinions from you guys.
Spoiler:

Top one has long seelves and the bottom has short seelves.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
New update (kinda).

I've been working on the new areas for beta 2 and they've been going good so far. I would post some screenshots but my rom is on my other computer. Now I've been working on some other things too lately... mostly on the things with the hero. I've made his backsprite but I have no clue which to use. I'd like some opinions from you guys.
Spoiler:

Top one has long seelves and the bottom has short seelves.

To me, they both look the same, except the top one has recolored arms...
If you resprite the arms a little to make it look more cloth-like, then I'll stick with the top one ;)

Good Luck!

//44tim44

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Yeah, I prefer the top over the bottom one. The bottom one makes me edge towards an edit but, the top one with the shirt on the arms looks majorly better.

Back