• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Fortunately, HGSS, despite giving me a heart attack when I saw this event, doesn't actually ruin our plot too much. It simply ruins a spoiler for people who didn't already know (due to living under a rock of substantial size). There was a major continuity problem that I saw firstly, but in the end an existing major plot point allows that problem to retcon itself without the need for a significant rewrite :)

Atomic Reactor

I fail to see how you could not change the plot when it explains his story quickly.

What? You want them to change the story because of HGSS?
If so... then that's stupid. It's a fan game, why should they change their plot? It's not like it's an actual game...

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
How is that stupid, they are trying to explain what happened to Kamon(which is already explain in HGSS). So the story is now garbage.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
How is that stupid, they are trying to explain what happened to Kamon(which is already explain in HGSS). So the story is now garbage.

No it isn't. This story is separate from the canon of HGSS as it came before it , and remeber this is a fan game. The story can still be explained as they seem fit, unless they want to change it slightly so it can complement the HGSS storyline.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013

Its the developer's choice to follow the game canon or not. As a fan game, they can do anything they want (within reason). If you're really that worried about the idea, then you can picture it as an alternate reality.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Don't be jealous that Acanthite is 100x better then anything you've ever done and ever will do.
Get some respect, and a brain.

Legendaries

Ginzuishou/Heavy-Metal-Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 2, 2021

And remember it's GSC prequel. Not HGSS's. GSC story is not clear. Also we can't treat HGSS as true story, it's a game made to be sold, not to tell truth. Examples? Here you are. Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave! WTF? What Red was doing three years ago if he didn't catch it? The same about Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres! Why are they still in Kanto if they were captured by Red? Isn't this story a garbage? It is.

Last edited:

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
Don't be jealous that Acanthite is 100x better then anything you've ever done and ever will do.
Get some respect, and a brain.
I can do better than a damn pokemon game man, seriously. I everyone has a brain retard. And to Legendaries: Doesn't matter where the Pokemon are place, all that matters is the storyline(which is cannon)

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Not to mention (as I alluded to in my previous post) that I've been able to very easily adapt the backstory developments of the HGSS Celebi event to what happens in Acanthite. HGSS can offer you a short story, Acanthite can offer you a (non-canon) expanded version of the tale that will suggest (non-canon) factors that drive both Silver/Kamon and Giovanni's actions further towards the events that will transpire during the HGSS timeline without dispelling the events of three years ago. Acanthite will neither impede HGSS or contradict it, and nor will HGSS trample on Acanthite's story in such a way. We ignore none of the canon surrounding either character.

I don't appreciate you guys flaming each other in my thread, either :) Cheers!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Good to hear you've been able to adapt (parts of) the story to the events in HGSS, that would make it seem even more believable. :3
But I stick to my oppinion: Even if it were to stray far from the "canon" Johto story, the concept of this game's plot is interesting enough to be seen as "canon" in its own way.
I'm still looking forward to this one. 8D

Years
In relation to HGSS's story and its impact on Acanthite, will the relationship between Argus and Apollo (and the other three Rocket Admins from HGSS) be explained? Will there actually be some sort of of relationship?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Sorry fangking...
But Anurhima or whatever. You should just get your racist ass out of this thread and site. It's you people that make problems in the world.

Just because HG/SS has explained some things here, doesn't mean Acanthite has to be changed.
It's a fan game, it's just for entertainment.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Sorry fangking...
But Anurhima or whatever. You should just get your racist ass out of this thread and site. It's you people that make problems in the world.

Just because HG/SS has explained some things here, doesn't mean Acanthite has to be changed.

I'd really like people not to throw insults in my thread, but ok, cool :P

But as I've said, things HAVE been changed a little bit just so that we don't go against the canon :) A very minor change that makes everything fit together like a jigsaw.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
Sorry fangking...

As I said in our chat, I'm black. ANd If I was white, don't you think I would be affended by "you people"?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Drop it, the pair of you. My thread, not for your race row. Black, white, lime green, it doesn't matter. Stay on the topic of Acanthite in this thread.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
I wanna know if you guys have any sprites done besides the starters, that you're willing to show to the public.
I go to your site and just see updated artwork.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years

3 years ago: Kamon(Silver) arguing with his father about Team Rocket. Silver leaves angrily, bumping into Gold(Which would explain why he doesn't seem to like us either when he sees us again in 3 years time).
3 years later: Kamon(Silver) has stolen Totodile(I just says Totodile, he's usually associated with it) and is travelling the Johto region and has an obvious hatred for Team Rocket.

This does not, in any way, clash with Acanthite's story which is to explain what happened BETWEEN THE TWO THINGS I MENTIONED ABOVE.
Only thing that has been let out is the fact that Silver is Giovanni's son, which was pretty much common knowledge if you've read the Pokemon Special(Adventures) Manga and/or actually have a good knowledge of Pokemon and it's characters' backgrounds.
If you didn't know Silver was before HGSS and indeed before FRLG, then you've been living under a very large rock, like FangOmega said.

Their story is not ruined at all.
They're gonna try to establish what happened between within the time of the 3 year gap after Silver gets annoyed and runs off and before he arrives in NewBark to steal his starter.

Perfect 3 years to fill with rich content and story.
There is no excuse not to continue. You should continue FKO, I believe that Acanthite is in no way tarnished by HGSS' release.

Keep up the good work, I look forward to its completetion.

EDIT: I must also say, it's rather sad to see Cipher gone. Is he still involved someway in the project or is he just gone?

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind. Just noticed he said he's stepping down from moderation duties.

Last edited:

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
Yes it does clash, why would he be living with a sister, when he should be training in the woods. His father is potrayed as a scientist from what I heard in Acanthite. Why would Argus take control when Giovanni is still the leader when Giovanni is just training.

Anyways, he said he maid minor edits, so yeah.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
As the event goes.
Giovanni disbands team rocket 3 years ago, and is leaving, this is why he is arguing with Silver, because he is choosing to train rather than stay with his son. So his son runs off. Where he goes, no one knows, except that in 3 years, he'll be in Johto.

Then the event skips forward 3 years in time, where Giovanni is listening to the broadcast from Team Rocket who have taken over Goldenrod Radio Tower and it is then he decides that he will rejoin them.

But then Gold/Kotone(whichever you pick) walks in, with their opposite and you fight Giovanni in a battle, which after he questions his methods and whether it was all a waste of time(again) and then leaves.

You are then taken back to your own time in Ilex Forest.

That's how the in-game event goes.
We know because Serebii himself triggered it in his game by using a Celebi with base stats equal to what you would find in a movie-gift Celebi.

This still leaves the 3 year gap between Silver running off and Silver showing up in Johto.
So in this 3 year gap, Silver goes to live with his sister(which is of course, FKO's own idea) and a series of events happen that lead up to whatever happens to Silver, causing him to become corrupted and resorting to steal from Elm in 3 years time in Johto.

I understand he had to change some parts but they were very minor so it barely affects the story. Let's just stop arguing about it and wait to see what direction FKO takes the project now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back