• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Christmas PARTY (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

tumblr_lwost5qqdz1r791rxo1_500.jpg

The Pokémon Christmas
P A R T Y

a holiday roleplay by Adventure & Aura Blackquill
rated T ; step into the role of your favorite character!
this is OOC, click here for IC | SPOTS ARE [S-HIGHLIGHT]OPEN[/S-HIGHLIGHT]​

Snow fell over Johto, as it often did in the deepest depths of winter. It was Christmas Eve and the Radio Tower in Johto had been redecorated and opened up for a huge Christmas party. Trainers and people from all over the world were invited, by the Pokémon League Association; the organisation responsible for employing gym leaders and hosting the various Pokémon League Tournaments around the regions.

The Radio Tower is just an old name. The building was renovated for this huge charity event (money from the guests go to fund the research of various pokémon professors as well as pokémon breeding) and there are still many floors. On the third level is where the dinner party is held. It's not a seated dinner, it's more like a walk-eat-talk thing with tables and tables and tables of exotic snacks from all regions. On the second level is a huge dancefloor with a stage where artists perform all night, pokémon as well as human artists! On the bottom level, several temporary arenas have been built, for guests to have pokémon battles with whomever they like. There are plain arenas, grass arenas, ice arenas - you name it. The huge building has it all, and to get between floors you can either go by stairs or take a lift.

You are one of the invited guests. The RP will start at the party and you may talk, dance, loathe, battle - do anything with other guests at the party. Bring your pokémon and get into the Christmas spirit!

In this RP, you should not come up with an original character of your own. Instead, you should choose an existing, canon character from the games, the anime, a manga or any official instance of the pokémon world. Choose one you like and feel that you could portray well enough! It doesn't have to be flawlessly in-character, but maybe you shouldn't make Giovanni a class clown or Wally the strongest person in the world.

pichu_pokeball_by_plasticumbrella-d3gecei.gif
RULES

- The RP is rated T. Please don't overstep. Romance and battling is encouraged, but keep it tasteful.

- You are free to invent your own plots and adventures, but the biggest point of the RP is just to interact in a Christmas environment with our favorite characters and have fun!

- Listen to Adventure and Aura Blackquill at all times; we will make sure the IC doesn't get out of hand.

- If someone else has signed up for Pokémon Special Misty, you can't sign up as Anime Misty. Only one iteration of a certain character is allowed. It's totally okay to sign up as Ash if someone else signed up as Red or Gold though, because those are different enough. It's also okay to sign up as a game trainer if someone signed up as an anime contestant or whatever. Let's mix worlds, yay!

- HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMASsdkjfskdjkf<3

Character: (the name of the character you'd like to play as. If it's unclear who it is, we might ask you to explain a little as well)

Universe: (games, anime, a manga - specify which manga! - or something else. This mostly affects their history and personality in some cases)

Personality sample: (write at least a couple of paragraphs about your character receiving the invitation letter or preparing for the party. Here is where you'll have to show the GMs that you can handle this character well enough! We're not overly picky but.)

PLAYERS

reserved: Adventure - Misty (Anime)

reserved: Aura Blackquill - Erika (PokéSpe manga I suppose :p)

reserved: SylveonStar - Serena (anime)

Kenneth - Fraud (RéBURST manga)

xCipherx - Saturn (anime)

[supporter]Axeliira[/supporter] - Elesa (games, BW2 style)

reserved: [supporter]Scyke'd[/supporter] - Ash (anime)

reserved: Dillon1102 - Volkner (game/anime)

Last edited by a moderator:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
WIP

Character: Serena

Universe: anime

Personality sample: (write at least a couple of paragraphs about your character receiving the invitation letter or preparing for the party. Here is where you'll have to show the GMs that you can handle this character well enough! We're not overly picky but.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Character: Misty, gym leader of Cerulean City

Universe: Anime

Personality sample: With the biggest of sighs, Misty slumped backwards down onto her bed. Outside her window, snowflakes were falling softly. Inside her head, thoughts were rumbling loudly.

A Christmas party over in Johto. She had been to Goldenrod before, several times, but never to party. The hectic glamour of the large city enthralled her, but she wouldn't be going there for shopping now. She would be going there to dance. And Ash would be there.

Shaking her head at the thought of the irritating boy that was her former traveling companion, she sat up again and tried to put her focus back onto the open wardrobe in front of her. Choosing a dress had never been this difficult. Why?

A voice sung from the other side of the door, probably some ways down the hall.

"Misty, are you done yet? The train leaves in a few hours, so we've got to get going!"

Her sisters would be coming along with her, but their focus would be the shopping. Even though they were invited too, they had other plans in Goldenrod for this evening. Other people to meet. But Misty had said yes. Partly because she didn't want to spend a night with her sisters teasing her and comparing achievements in front of other people - even though she would easily outclass them in that matter these days. But her decision to attend the party also depended on other factors. Such as seeing old friends. Would Brock come? Ash would be there.

Once again, she shook the thought out of her head and then marched up to the hangers and clothes.

"This one," she announced to her empty room and picked out a cyan blue dress, slim with a tilted cut just above her knees, thin shoulder straps and a slightly glittery texture. A small bow sat at the beginning of the left strap. This would compliment her similar eyecolor and very different haircolor well. Not that anyone else would care about what she was wearing. Another sigh escaped her, and the snow outside the window continued to fall.

---

ugh, I think I made her too moody ahahha. My Misty will likely be a Pokéshipper lol with agiated tendencies.

Last edited:

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Character: Fraud

Universe: Manga- Pokemon ReBURST

Personality Sample:

"Well, isn't this a surprise?"

A small letter is on Fraud's desk as he analyzes the envelope as well as the letter it held inside. "Aha, an invitation. I guess I should reply, within reason. But I don't really have a reason to go, as well as by going I could jeopardize the rest of Gavel and it's operations." He tosses the envelope on the desk and brushes off his pants. The attire he wears is actually quite laid-back; a white t-shirt and blue pants. It's late and the stars are gleaming outside his window as he goes up to close the curtains. Well, actually, he doesn't completely close the curtain...

He's up on the top of a high building, and the lights stretch over the city. He had entered Goldenrod on strict business; he had been looking to see if any clues to the whereabouts of Arcades was here. But alas, as he looks over the city and to the Radio Tower, he smiles. "It would, however, be a waste to not go..." He had requested to Gerubu to let him go alone, and after enough pestering he had done so. I'm an adult, and I have as much of a right as anyone to enjoy myself. He hasn't found any leads yet, anyways...

More the reason not to go! These thoughts reverberated in his head as he left the curtains open a while longer as his eyes drooped a bit- not from fatigue, but from thought. I need to find leads. But it isn't today. Perhaps I could make a point of- His eyes snapped open as his thoughts were interrupted by a sound somewhere nearby. Quietly grabbing a Burst Heart, he went down the elevator of the hotel and found himself walking to a small house [to investigate] where various lights streamed from inside.

It's a frosty night, and Fraud shivers as he carefully looks in through the window. Should've brought a- woah... His eyes pierce through the lights, realizing this was where the sounds were coming from. The doors are open, which makes Fraud initially deem them as fools, but it takes a moment for him to smile warmly. The various reckless youths dancing and singing and whatnot makes him wish he had done this while he was a youth. And with a grin, he remembers that he is...

I don't think it'll hurt to enjoy myself, just once...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm not sure if this works due to where he's from, but I'll reserve anyways.

Character: Fraud

Universe: Manga- Pokemon ReBURST

The only other problem is that canonically he got turned into a statue, so if that can't be overlooked I'll just change to someone else. :/
It works, as long as you half-bluntly pretend that this party takes place before that :)

Can we pick characters from Origins/The Origin playable? I know it's based off of RGB, but some of the characters (such as Brock and Giovanni) are either different enough or developed to the point that I'd think it would be a viable option.
Yes, but if you do, no one will be able to choose other incarnations of Brock, Giovanni, Red etc. As with any media. Just state that it's the different anime, as just typing "anime" implies the Ash one :3

Years
[Still getting used to things here but gonna give this a shot xD ]

Character - Commander Saturn - Of Team Galactic, Sinnoh (Yes, I know he's a bad guy but he's not all bad! As it would be him after the events of Diamond and Pearl)

Universe - Anime

Personality - "A party, you say?"

His voice cold and stern as his sapphires irises turned towards the shivering grunt, who was trying his best to remain at ease in the presence of the Galactic Boss. Since Cyrus' disappearance, it was Saturn's job to take-over the company and renew Galactic. However, with the heat of authority breathing down on the organisation it could no longer continue in it's acts to change the world, at least not within the public eye. Saturn ensured the future of Galactic by researching and developing new energy sources, but that did not mean Galactic were no longer up to their old tricks.

Grunt- "Y-yes, sir. An Invitation to the old Radio tower in Johto."

"Interesting."

A short smile perched itself on the male's lips as his eyes turned back to the invitation in his hands. He wasn't one for parties and social gatherings. In all honesty he preferred to be in command, to have the world grovelling at his feet, but maybe a change of scenery would be something the youth needed to get back on track, to forget the mistakes that took place on Mt. Coronet. And who knows, maybe he could even meet a nice companion there? He was a bit of a hopeless romantic at times, when he wasn't trying to mimic their lost boss.

"Go! Leave! Get the helicopter ready! We leave at noon."

Saturn snapped, turning abruptly and watching the grunt dash out the door. He couldn't help but let a subtly smirk slither onto his lips, enjoying the power he had over his workers. But now he could drop the cold act as he settled into his former bosses chair. This was a chance to meet the trainers of the world, to learn a thing or two about the powerful pokémon of the nation, or even get answers about the Distortion world. Either way, it would be an experience. He would do his best to avoid confrontations, not that he himself had much physical brawn, but his dark companion certainly had quite the bite. His Mightyena lumbered over, resting by his masters side as he set his muzzle on top of his trainers knees.

"Ready to stir up some trouble, boy?"
[not sure if this is too short or too long but it's a first attempt xD ]

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Character: Elesa, Nimbasa City Gym Leader

Universe: Games (BW2)

Personality sample:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Personality - [Do I just write a little bit of my rping style as Satteh here?]
Pretty much, yeah. For example when he is traveling to the party or talking to a friend or his pokémon - just a few paragraphs to show that you know what this character is like and aren't portraying him completely wrong ;)

Also, I have trouble with the personality sample too, haha. I guess I'll just have Misty think and worry about what dress she should wear to impress Ash or something. trolol

Years
Pretty much, yeah. For example when he is traveling to the party or talking to a friend or his pokémon - just a few paragraphs to show that you know what this character is like and aren't portraying him completely wrong ;)

Also, I have trouble with the personality sample too, haha. I guess I'll just have Misty think and worry about what dress she should wear to impress Ash or something. trolol

Haha, yeah xD I'll just listen to a bit of music for a little inspiration and get into Saturn's head. Granted, I do warn you he is quite different from the original Saturn, as he is based a few years after the events of the game and anime xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hmm, we'll judge when we see it. :]

I listen to music whenever I write RP posts.

Years
Hmm, we'll judge when we see it. :]

I listen to music whenever I write RP posts.

Well I hope you do like it xD
Music is so good for getting ideas for me xD Glad you use a similar tactic!

I'm starting to write it up now, is it okay to add in a minor character, just for the personality sample, I just was going to use a grunt that was delivering the message?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well I hope you do like it xD
Music is so good for getting ideas for me xD Glad you use a similar tactic!

I'm starting to write it up now, is it okay to add in a minor character, just for the personality sample, I just was going to use a grunt that was delivering the message?
Absolutely! I'mma throw in Misty's sisters in my SU probably.

You know what? Sod it.

Character: Ash Ketchum

Universe: Anime

Personality sample: Coming soon.
THAT'S THE SPIRIT, LAD.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Finished the sample, and in turn the SU. It makes me a bit nervous to post as someone already generally seen by many manga readers, but as Scyke said, sod it. on that note I think someone else is finished too

And I do happen to listen to music when writing in general, not just RPing. I tend to change the mood to fit with what I'm writing about too, although sometimes I just leave it on a generic playlist and I have multiple different inspirations as each one comes on. :3

Years
This could be interesting reserve me please

Character: Volkner from sinnoh

Universe: Game, Anime

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Me or Shawn will look over your SUs very soon, a bit busy right now is all. Thanks for signing up! And don't worry about not portraying the character perfectly, the point is just to have some fun and get into the Christmas spirit :D

EDIT:

Kenneth is accepted as Fraud and xCipherx is accepted as Saturn!

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Just finished my sample of Elesa. :D Since she's both a model and a leader, I kinda imagined her as this busy woman who's sometimes a wee bit forgetful. :3 Lemme know if I'm missing something!

Back