• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina!

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
sounds great. Seems like u have been busy. hope the pokepaper script works fine.

Thanks, and yes, I got it working now!

Wow this Hack is still going! I remember this from years ago.

Glad to see you're still at it, the Trion Token system looks great, as does that awesome button pressing feature you've added. I don't think I've seen anything like it, yet another feature making this hack so unique.

Thanks SwiftSign!

Hey there,
I just started to play this hack and I really like it! I'm recently in the second town and I have chosen the Ukulele Pichu as Starter.
As far I have only one thing to criticize, on the first road at night, the only Pokemon is a HootHoot. Since I mainly play at night and fighting against the same Pokemon over and over sucks. But in order to move further I had to level my pichu, the magnemite always killed me. I think you should add some other Pokemon in this region at night.

And I also found a bug, I guess. When you are in the torn world the second time (after you speak with this old man in the second town) and you have to jump from platform to platform, there is this Item on a very small floating Island (2x2). When you jump on this island you can't jump back and you are trapped.

Greetings,
Tobias
(Sorry for my bad english, I'm from germany and suck at languages in general. :D )

Hi Tobias, Thank you for reporting this! I'll give a honest answer on that for you,
- D/N pokémon: Yes, I'm aware of this! But sadly enough I'll keep this, for one simple reason: it's the first route xD! further in game you'll not encounter them that much anymore!
- Torn world: This isn't a bug! I'm aware of this the only thing you've to do is press the "A" button and you're on the platform!

[highlight]:...:UPDATE:...: [/highlight]
p_poppo.gif

Oke people fast head-up update! So far it looks alpha 2.1.5 will become a major patch!
It'll blow away alpha 1.0.5! It contains the following features!

New Key Features
30lyuir.png

- Over ~20 brand new missions!
- Starter related "legendary" mission!
- Some D/P/P sprited 1st gen, 2e gen and 3e gen inserted!
- Daily Missions are available!
- Become good or evil!
- Old bugs that caused alot of problems (*kuch* count script *kuch*) has been solved!
- Collect trion tokens, and become the collector master!
- Brand new trainer sprites!
- 2 gyms available!

Still needs to be done
icon-info.png

Thats about it for today, Oh, it might be fun to take a look here! I hope you'll work together to make this a brilliant guide! And you'll be honored forever!
Official POKéMON Dark Cry The Legend of Giratina Guide: Click here!

I hope that's enough information! Till next time, what will be without doubt the alpha 2.1.5 release!

Cheers,

Mitchel1

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
wow the update sounds great. thanks for the guide. cant wait to play the "Starter related "legendary" mission!" Looking forward to the new maps * & everything else lol*

HyperKiller

What if..?
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
i have been trying hacks my whole life,so far, this is the best. i chose the Ukuele Pichu, biggest challenge starter but worth it,does it evolve? hope not, its so cute! <3

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I've seen your update just now and it's really exciting that you're about to release the Alpha 2.1.5 in the next time!Well done,mitchel1!This hack is fantastic!

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
I've seen your update just now and it's really exciting that you're about to release the Alpha 2.1.5 in the next time!Well done,mitchel1!This hack is fantastic!

Thanks 1158! ^^

Wow, you and Dante working together on graphic?
I don't wanna see it 'cause it's gonna blow up my mind =D

Yeah we're! But I'm not sure yet if we reach it before 4/22/2012!

i have been trying hacks my whole life,so far, this is the best. i chose the Ukuele Pichu, biggest challenge starter but worth it,does it evolve? hope not, its so cute! <3

Thanks Hyper, and no, it won't evolve. It also has been said when you receive it from prof. rowan.

wow the update sounds great. thanks for the guide. cant wait to play the "Starter related "legendary" mission!" Looking forward to the new maps * & everything else lol*

Thanks qaz!

[highlight]:...:UPDATE:...:[/highlight]
p_poppo.gif

I'd lie if I could reached this without all of your support! You were the people who conficed me to reach that what almost was impossible!

Also I'd like to thank the great people who also were sometimes a piece of dark cry: TLoG!

Time is almost near, only... 1 week left!

[highlight]:...:VIDEO:...:[/highlight]

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHVF...DvjVQa1PpcFNC3PB5m_ltZpoZI4LkPopTs3_WIB_9ypY=

cheers!

Mitchel1

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Wow, the video looks amazing! can't wait for the release. :) What exactly is the "automatic trainer level cap increase", though?

Wazuuup

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
The game so far for me has been epic, but i have one question. In this game can a male combee evolve into a vespiquen, and if no, then is there a possibility of cathing one. Because in another hack, i caught a male vespiquen.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Great!The newest update's out!So that means Alpha 2.1.5 is going to be released soon?As I said before,I'll wait for it patiently...

Wazuuup

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
Where am I supposed to find the meteor detector or get past the friggin' sudowoodo. I have been stuck here and 3 hours. :'(

Nevermind. After some back reading, found out that the alpha release is 1 gym only :'(. Nevertheless very nice game, although i found a bug where when you click on the questionnaire in the mart it freezes then repeats the same question. Also some tress aren't alligned correctly with the rest. Not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not.

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Finally had time to watch the new trailer. Looks fantastic man!. Really love how you did the credits man, love kingdom hearts!! Its seems this hack is getting better & better. You seize to amaze me when you do update. When I think you can't do anything else, more new features are added :D

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
WOW! That trailer was AWESOME!
I knew it would blow my mind :D And it really did.
I'm so looking forward to this!

Haha, thanks ash!

Finally had time to watch the new trailer. Looks fantastic man!. Really love how you did the credits man, love kingdom hearts!! Its seems this hack is getting better & better. You seize to amaze me when you do update. When I think you can't do anything else, more new features are added :D

Thanks qaz!

Whey I'm in the trailer! :P

It looks really good, though you could've shown us more clips. :D

I hope to play this soon, good luck! :)

How are ya' chim! Yeah, you're! You wonder why? You made a banner if I'm not mistaken. If I do, then you're now famous for doing nothing xD!
But yeah, thanks chim!

Where am I supposed to find the meteor detector or get past the friggin' sudowoodo. I have been stuck here and 3 hours. :'(

Nevermind. After some back reading, found out that the alpha release is 1 gym only :'(. Nevertheless very nice game, although i found a bug where when you click on the questionnaire in the mart it freezes then repeats the same question. Also some tress aren't alligned correctly with the rest. Not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not.

Haha, well let me explain the part about the meteor. I thought to be honest that the info the NPC's in Atlernion City gave you were enough. But here is a clue, it can be found on route 601! There isn't a POKéBALL that you need to search for, it's a hidden item! So my advice, press "A" everywhere, hehe.

About the bugs, I'll take care of these.

The game so far for me has been epic, but i have one question. In this game can a male combee evolve into a vespiquen, and if no, then is there a possibility of cathing one. Because in another hack, i caught a male vespiquen.

Thanks Waz, COMBEE was first 50% male or female. Currently this has been changed to 100% female!

Good hack!
I feel great.
I like everything about it.

Thanks Ángel~!

Wow, the video looks amazing! can't wait for the release. :) What exactly is the "automatic trainer level cap increase", though?

Thanks chrunch! Well let that be my honor to explain that. Often I hear people say: "Damn, that trainer is way to hard! I shall train my POKéMON ten levels higher then normal and beat the crap out of her/him" My thoughts about that are... NO. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
So as solution dark cry: TLoG now got the: automatic trainer level cap increase ©!
This actually checks your POKéMON party and recap the trainer his or her POKéMON to that level! So for example if you battle a trainer and your POKéMON is lvl.5 it checks this value and based on that level it increases or decrease automatically the POKéMON level from the trainer. ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

XXVIII

Romhacker Wannabe
Years
I just played the alpha version and all I can say is WOW. There are many cool new features. I'm so excited to play the complete version. Good job!

Years
How are ya' chim! Yeah, you're! You wonder why? You made a banner if I'm not mistaken. If I do, then you're now famous for doing nothing xD!
But yeah, thanks chim!
Yeah, I remember making the banner! It's probably the most popular out of them all, well from what I've seen. :P Well, if I could do a map for you then I would've helped with the game, right? So, can I make a map in the next beta? :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
automatic trainer level cap increase ©!

Sounds like a lot of coding, I hope it effects Gym Leaders and the Elites too, else low level people ...who are constantly fighting low level trainers will have no chance :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
wow....i have no words to describe i much i was impressed by this rom :O cant wait till the next version is released, thanks for this incredible hack mitchel1

Back