• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Humanum Familiares [Best Rookie/Most Original Aug/Sep '11]

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Kenna listened as hard as she could for some reply from Josh. Suddenly, she heard a faint whisper. What was the voice saying? "Kenna... Kenna is that you?" It was Josh. She tried to send a message back but she had lost the connection.

Kenna sighed and tried to stand up. At least she knew that he was alive. She got on her feet but just barely. Just in time because a clay soldier was about to attack her. She didn't have time to react, he was about to hit her with his weapon so Kenna quickly held up her hand in defense. A fire ball was flew at him. He went flying back and then started to melt.

Well that was a new one. She could not send fire balls out of her hands when she was scared? She gazed at her hand and tried to send another fire ball but it was no use. She was to tired to even stand. Her legs gave way again and she fell to the floor. She closed her eyes and tried once more to make contact.

*We are coming for you, Josh." Kenna thought before she fell asleep.

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Maka picked up the flyer, and as she read the flyer, he could see her expression change. She seemed angry, really angry. Probably afraid that she would have to fight others. He couldn't figure it out. Most of all, she seemed to be mad at Alex.

"This is a joke, right?" She said, looking into his eyes. Alex tried to avoid her gaze, he wanted to avoid her stare, but for some reason, he couldn't. There was something in her blue eyes that made sure he couldn't look away.

"If you think I'm going to do this, you're surely mistaken. Give me one reason as to why I should trust that you're my friend after this…"

Friend? Did she just say... friend? Alex didn't have any friends. Nobody wanted to have him as a friend. Did she really consider him... her friend? He wasn't sure. She seemed to wonder she had called him his friend as well, but he wasn't sure.

"I... I don't want you to participate too..." Alex managed to whisper. He had never even seen a Familiar Showcase before, deciding to ignore them. He had never liked such an idea, making creatures fight against each other...

"I never wanted you to participate. I don't... want you to get hurt... you know...." Alex said, talking softly. It was true, he didn't want her to get hurt... he didn't want anybody to get hurt. He wasn't sure whether she was his friend or not, but in the short amount of time they had spent together, he had started to care about her. Probably it was because he finally had somebody to talk to, or some other reason... he didn't know. Alex knew nothing anymore. He couldn't understand his emotions, his feelings...

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
"Miharu! We've got the ingredients!" Kiroku called out, smiling as he held up the Volo Fruit, "Even got the fruit!"

"Lovely, bring them here, please," Miharu requested, pouring the last of a red, syrupy liquid into one of the unused phials, "I will need to make use of the river nearby, but I will be able to finish the next set of potions in a half hour. We cannot make the last potion without any Lunar Dust, but the other parts will be easy enough. Kiroku, bleed a little into this phial."

"Eh? I do what, now?" Kiroku asked, stammering a bit as Miharu held an empty phial to his face. She had instructed him to do so as he was setting down the Volo Fruit.

"You heard me; bleed," Miharu restated without hesitation, "We need the blood of a familiar. Your core might add an unknown factor into the mix, but right now you are the best we have. Now bleed."

"As much as that will sate both the masochism and the narcissism deep down in my psyche, maybe we should avoid doing that until I've collected the rest of the other available herbs with Miku?" Kiroku asked, backing away slightly.

"The last ingredient after the dust and blood is more Magecotton and a poison sample. And with that Dragonsbane in your pocket, we just need Miku to pick up more Magecotton, the others to purchase the Lunar Dust, and for you to bleed in this phial already," Miharu stated, holding up a senbon in her free hand, "I'll force it out of you if you make it difficult--"

"Guys, look!" Miku blurted suddenly, directing their attention to black smoke appearing over the treetops, "That's coming from the town! It may be in trouble!"

"I'll go check it out!" Kiroku volunteered, raising his hand quickly and talking as fast as he could, "If something is happening I can take a hit so you won't have to maim me for my blood! I'll be back!!"

"Hold on a second," Miharu commanded, raising her voice a little as she bent down to pick up the Volo Fruit. She grabbed a kunai and cut of a small shard of the fruit, and tossed it to Kiroku (whom caught it before it hit the ground). "Seeing as I need to stay here, I cannot run into battle with you. This amount should be enough to scout the area and return with SOME kind of ability. I would say you have about as long as it will take me to brew the Revitalization Potions, so do not get too involved with the situation; should one be happening."

"Got it!"

Almost a complete blur, Kiroku darted into town in record time. It didn't take that long after eating the Volo Fruit, and he managed to run the whole distance without a break. However, he got to see with his own eyes the devastation of the clay army. He saw many of them chasing down stragglers and downing them with their javelins and spears. It made Kiroku want to smash every single one of them, but a shriek cut him off. Looking over at the potion shop, the boy saw several of the soldiers run in. Gritting his teeth, he ran as fast as he could and leaped into a kick. The foot made contact with one solder and made it shatter from the impact. The other few were knocked down; for some odd reason they appeared to be... dazed?

"... Er, hi," Kiroku said, looking over at the salesgirl still behind the counter. She must have been ordered to stay tending to the shop by her employer(s), because she looked like she so desperately wanted to leave. Looking down, then back up, the boy could guess that a weapon was about to come her way until he intervened. Perhaps he could get used to Volo... Nah, it was kind of nice depending on another for one's true potential. "I'm not going to lie-- this seems to be a really bad time for this-- but I may need that Lunar Dust my friends ordered before we can't be certain that it will still be around. So... can I grab it?" Kiroku asked, immediately getting a nod in response. Naturally the soldiers were scary, but the kid that could disorient them was probably more of a worry. Casually, Kiroku walked over and grabbed a satchel; filling it with the Dust. He wasn't sure if he was taking too much, but he supposed the girl wasn't going to tell him off for it. Although, there was a twinge of guilt.

"Is... is there anything else I can h-h-help you with?" the girl asked, taking nervous glances between the boy and the window. Kiroku sighed with a smile as he shook his head.

"No, but I have a message for you from your employer," Kiroku said, lying through his teeth as he looked outside casually, "Told me to tell you to get out of here. It's too dangerous here." Whether she believed him or not didn't matter; she was already running out of the store as soon as he said that she could leave. She seemed to be rather appreciative, though. Pocketing his... purchase, Kiroku almost whistled as he strolled out of the shop like nothing was going on.

And then it hit him: Benjamin. He was left at the inn. Running for the building, Kiroku saw that it too was another target of attack. Making another kick, the boy charged through the front doors and ran up the stairs to the rooms they group had booked. "Benjamin! Benjamin!!" Kiorku called out, hastily looking down the hall for the child. The boy heard footsteps coming his way. He prepared for the soldiers, but instead got the small slave boy hugging his leg.

"Kiroku-sama!! Why are they back?!" Benjamin cried, almost completely out of his wits as he felt Kiroku pat the top of his head.

"Don't worry, Ben, I'll get you out of here," Kiroku said, forcing the other boy to let go of him, "Hang on, this is going to be a little rough." Allowing the boy to ride piggyback, Kiroku barged into one of the rooms and ran straight for the window. The glass began to shatter as the two ran through it; Kiroku preparing his third kick. This one hit a single target that was directly below the two. There was a couple others feet away from the two, but the boy was already running for the arena up north. It took a few minutes of bashing through clay soldiers and evading blows, but he managed to see the group (except for Gregory) stepping outside.

"Everyone!! Miharu and Miku are preparing the finals preparations out in the forest due South of here!" Kiroku explained, jittery with anticipation as he saw the soldiers trying to rise, "No time for lead feet, get a move on!! I've got the Lunar Dust from the shop, and I sent the girl out, so don't try to make the stop! Let's go!!" There was little time to waste. Kiroku could already feel himself wane in power. The half hour was almost up. There was no way they could afford his fatigue now, so he ran for the forest without delay. He trusted that they'd follow behind.

Benjamin screamed as Kiroku felt a sharp pain in his arm. Staggering for a second, he felt warm drops of blood slowly spill out of him. A rogue spear had grazed his arm. It hurt, but there was no time to seek revenge. He darted past the soldier and put in a burst of speed as he saw the way to the forest opening up in front of him. "No worries, Ben! We actually need me injured!" Kiroku said reassuringly, laughing at the notion of it. He could also feel his chest heaving; craving more oxygen. It was going to be tough, but he'd make it back to the other two in no time.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
As soon as Kiroku went out of hearing range, Miharu turned to Miku.

"You like him, do you not, Miku-san?" questioned Miharu.

Miku blushed and averted her eyes. "I-I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just grateful that he saved me."

Miharu ticked off a finger. "The first rule of telling a lie is to look the person straight in the eyes. It is alright, you do not need to hide it from me; I will not tell him."

Miku nodded, still blushing. "Well, what about you? Do you like Kiroku?"

Miharu tilted her head slightly. Her hands expertly went through the motions, even if she wasn't paying attention. She made no mistakes. "I like him as a friend," she stated firmly. "Not that way."

Miku nodded, blushing. "Then...Iwasthinkingofaskinghimout!" she blurted.

Miharu raised an eyebrow. "I would hardly think that this is the right time for that," Miharu stated, "but I will not stop you from asking Kiroku out."

Miku grinned. "I was worried there for a second! I thought that you had liked him; most familiars and their mages usually get really close and with humans, I guessed that it would be romantic instead of platonic (who can be romantic with a dragon, after all?)."

Miharu laughed slightly. "It is like that with a pair so far," Miharu admitted. "However, my feelings for him are purely platonic."

Miku grinned. "I'll ask him out when this whole thing is done, then."

"If you want."

Miharu glanced down. All of the potions were ready; all they needed was the blood of a familiar.

"How old are you?" Miku asked suddenly.

Miharu blinked. "Eighteen."

"So am I! Did you know that Kiroku was seventeen?"

"I guessed it," Miharu admitted. "We have not exchanged our information." Liar, Kiroku told you loads. You just do not want to tell him.

"What month?" questioned Miku.

"May."

Miku blinked. "Don't tell me...13?"

Miharu nodded. "Yeah."

"Okay, this is weird," laughed Miku. "We have the exact same birthday! What time?"

"6:30 in the morning."

Miku grinned. "Oh good, separate times. 7:30 in the morning. Wow, we are really close. Maybe we could be twins."

"We do not really look alike," pointed out Miharu.

Miku laughed. "Yeah, if it wasn't for that, we could be twins!"

"Maybe," Miharu stated.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
"Kenna! Kenna answer me!!!" Josh was openly shouting now.

"Please Josh-san, calm down." Leonda said.

"No! She's in trouble! I, I have to break these bars!" Josh said turning to the bars.

"How can you just instantly tell shes in trouble?" Leonda asked.

"Because, it's what Psychae Nectunct does!" Josh cried.

"I'm coming Kenna!" Joshs Gandalfr core began to shine and his eyes turned chaos red as his ruins began to glow.

He charged at the cell walls and attacked, they were protected by magic but he could still slice at them. However the magic was too strong and Josh couldn't break through.

"Damn it!" Josh cried.

"It's no use..." Leonda murmured.

"The cells are protected by magic not even my Earth magic can break it and thats the magic required for the seal to be unlocked..."

"Then lets combine our power!" Josh suggested.

"Hmmm?" Leonda asked confused.

"If you use your Earth magic to launch me forward with a pillar made from the stone floor, I might be able to break through..." Josh explained.

"I don't know..." Leonda murmured.

"But I suppose it's woth a try."

Adriel drew back her bow, they were quickly being overwhelmed, she had suffered many injuries and it didn't look like she was going to make it. An idea struck her, if she was going to die, she wanted to die in the right way.

"Emil!" She cried.

"What? What is it?!" Emil cried as he stood in defense of Kennas body.

"I'll get you an opening but you need to escape when I do!" She cried.

"W...What?! Are you crazy?! You'll be killed!" Emil shouted.

Adriel fired off arrows as she spoke.

"I've killed so many in my lifetime... simply because I was ordered to... If I'm going to die... then I'm going to die saving someone! Now go!" Adriel jumped up into the air and activated Gandalr core, a green light flowed around her and she plummeted herself into the large force of clay soldiers. Creating a blinding light which seemed to distract them.

Emil picked up Kennas body and ran. He couldn't believe what had just happened. Him Andre and Adria (OOC: Im just assuming they're with us.) ran out of the arena and down the burning streets.

Josh stood in position as Leonda waved her hand, a pillar of Earth launched Josh towards the metal door. Josh slashed with all his might and the bars finnaly caved in and the door blased open.

Josh and Leonda ran out of the cell.

"Lets go!" Josh cried as he grabbed Leondas arm and led her down the hallway.

Two gaurds saw them as they rounded a corner. A gruff one and a puny one. The gruff one was obviously in charge and he ordered the smaller one to inform the King of the breakout. He then drew a massive broad sword and charged at Josh who still had Gandalfr core in effect.

Josh easily dodged the mans careless swings and drove his sword into his gut. The man fell down dead.

"Lets keep moving." Leonda said.

The young boy soldier knelt before his king.

"M... My Leige... the Gandalfr and the Princess... they have broken your seal and are escaping."

"WHAT?!?!" The king cried as he crushed the boy with Earth in anger.

The king stood on his balcony and cried to his people.

"The army marches on Tristein today! DO YOU HEAR ME LEONDA TODAY!!!!!!" The king leapt from the balcony and began to fly towards Mayhearth to retreive his army.

Emil ran up to Miharu, Kiroku, Miku and Benjamin as soon as he saw them, Kenna hanging loosely in his arms.

"We have to go now!!!" He cried.

A sudden explosion rocked behind them as the metal Golem began running towards them and on his shoulder stood the king of Germania.

The king arrived at Mayhearth earlier than expected and realised his army was still burning the place down to the ground.

He landed on his metal golem and took control of it, he saw a boy carrying what appeared to be a mage in his arms. As he and a few others met up with others from their group.

The king roared with rage and charged towards them, every step creating an explosion in the ground.

Back at the school the headmaster had killed another student. It was hopeless only an hour ago this beast had been a student.

Yet the headmaster was forced to kill him.

Professor Awenston lowered his head and said a silent prayer for the poor boy. The familiar showcase was tommorow, but with no princess and such dark times ahead.

The future looked nothing but bleak.

Josh kicked his horse again. Most of the gaurds were preoccupied controlling the army so sneaking a horse wasn't any trouble.

Using Eartm magic Leonda could make the horse move faster on the ground and they reached Mayhearth in no time at all.

"She's here! I can feel it!" Josh cried.

"Look over there!" Leonda cried, she was grasping onto Josh for support.

Josh pulled the horse around to see his friends and a large metal monster reaching down for them.

Josh charged the horse towards the group.

"Guys! Guys you have to move!!!" Josh cried.

Suddenly however the strange clock like markings on Joshs hand began to burn and the clock like hands moved, to show three O'clock. Josh cried in pain as the mrkings moved ad he fell from the horse.

(OOC: It looks like the Germania story arc is coming to a close soon and we'll be back to the main story :3 So get posting guys.)

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Kiroku dragged himself slowly to Miku and Miharu, the duration of the fruit had ended just shy of appearing in the clearing. Both turned to him with a hint of interest as he let Benjamin down and told him to stay close by. He was way too tired to stand, but the sheer force of his will was enabling him to stay active until he completed his tasks. "Trade 'ya," Kiroku said to Miharu, taking out the Lunar Dust and showing her the gash on the side of his arm. His mage nodded, tossing the final phial over and caught the bag of powder. At the same time, Kiroku let the bottle about a quarter way before handing it back. He then took out the Dragonsbane and poured a little bit into the potion. Miharu had no complaints; in fact, those were probably the amounts she was going to use. He got lucky, she supposed.

"I have to say, Kiroku, you did rather well," Miharu said, taking the bottle of blood and poison to process it into the anti-toxin, but then frowned, "I suppose I should have said something better than 'rather well...' I mean, it looks like more went on than just some scouting."

"Oh, it was nothing. I'll take the compliment as it is," Kiroku said, slowly laughing as he felt his body start to go weak. It only made him laugh a little harder. Miku and Benjamin looked at him with concern, but Miharu seemed to be uninterested. "I'm not that used to Volo... heheheh... eh.........." As he laughed, he sank to the ground before passing out on the ground. He was fast asleep now.

"... Did he just die?" Benjamin asked, fear in his face as he looked down at the other boy. That's the last thing Miku wanted to hear, but before she could get into hysterics, Kiroku shifted a little. Nope, he wasn't dead.

"I did not give him a lot to work with, so he must have used up a lot of energy retrieving the Dust, rescuing Benjamin, and then running back here. He will be fine, he is sleeping soundly," Miharu said, walking over to the boy and pulling out some bandages. She ran her fingers through the hair closest to his forehead to push it out of the way. She was checking to see if he had a fever, but it didn't feel like it. Kiroku let out a small sigh in his sleep, smiling as a light blush appeared under his face. Miharu blinked, looking down at the boy with a look of slight disbelief. Was he having a particular dream? Or was his body responding to the contact she made? Either way, the mage rolled her eyes as she rolled up his sleeve and motioned for some of the water laying besides her cauldron. Benjamin retrieved it, and she used it to cleanse the wound of possible infectious bacteria. She then wrapped the bandage snug around the wound; Kiroku's smile growing slightly bigger. "Fool..."

Miku just watched as Kiroku reacted in his sleep. What was that? Had he been aware the whole time? Or was this in reaction to Miharu? The village girl felt dumb. She asked Miharu about her relationship with Kiroku, but they never once thought about how Kiroku himself felt. For all they know, Miku thought, he could have been madly in love with Miharu and there the two were establishing that Miku could ask him out! Even if it was true or not, the girl felt bad that she hadn't considered the boy's feelings. "How could I..." Miku thought to herself, a small amount of tears forming in her eyes as she looked away from the other three, "I don't deserve it... Kiroku." Benjamin looked at the village girl confused, not sure what she was talking about. Miharu, on the other hand, seemed to try to piece together what the girl was thinking, and had an accurate grasp of the matter.

"I do not know why, but I doubt it is anything," the mage said, looking down at the sleeping boy, "He had not slept since we left Tristein, so it would be best if we let him sleep."

"... Mi..." Kiroku muttered in his sleep, a content look on his face as he scratched a little at his bandages, "Mi..."

"Is Kiroku-sama trying to say "Miharu?" Or is he trying to say "Miku?" Both your names start the same," Benjamin said, looking at the two girls with hopes that they'd clarify things.

"Whoever he's trying to say, I'm sure she makes him happy," Miku said, seeming to take that as that. That didn't really help at all; the slave boy was looking for a more direct answer.

"Your sleeping will get you into trouble one day, mark my words," Miharu grumbled to Kiroku, whom didn't seem to catch it at all. Of course not; he was asleep.

Kiroku started to feel a syrupy liquid run down his throat as he began to stir from his slumber. At first he wanted to go back to sleep, but then he suddenly felt wide awake. His eyes focusing, he could see the vague blurs of one of the girls. He couldn't tell which one it was, but he smiled a bit before the real wake up call: a metal golem thundering towards them. throwing himself up, he saw the behemoth charging towards them with a man on its shoulders. The man seemed rather angry, but also of royalty.

"There's no time, we have to run," Miku said, Kiroku standing up to meet her worried look. Kiroku looked over for a second, then down at his weapon. This was combat; he'd have his abilities back. He couldn't see Adriel nor Gregory anywhere, but he heard Josh. That was him, and there was no mistaking it. He managed to escape himself, but even he seemed to be cautious of this foe. Whatever happened, the situation was serious.

But there was one thing irking him: running away. Put quite simply, no, he wasn't going to do that again. Especially because, Kiroku knew, that this man, that royal person standing on the golem, was the one that caused the clay army. He could feel it in his bones. It made him want to shatter some. After all, that was the least of his promise. "Kiroku, no!" Miku shouted as Kiroku picked up his weapon and ran towards the golem. He was feeling much better now. With that Revitalization Potion in him, he was feeling like he had a full eight hours and then some.

"You're mine!!" Kiroku growled at the king. He avoided the golem's grasp by jumping over the hand and landing right on the arm. Running up it, the boy prepared for a series of swings and parries. This wasn't going to be easy, but he was going to go through with it even if he had to win by the bare skin of his teeth. "I've had enough of avoiding the enemy and running away; it's time to take a stand and TAKE. YOU. DOWN!! " He stabbed and swung at the King violently in an attempt to strike him. Both were exchanging blows only to be parried by each other. Each were trying to find some kind of opening.

On the ground, Miku ran as fast as she could with the others to avoid the golem's feet. She had no clue what was going on up above, but she was routing for Kiroku. "Take him down! Show no mercy!!" Miku chanted. maybe getting some strange looks from Emil, Benjamin and Miharu.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Joshs vision was foggy but he managed to pull himself together. His hand was still slightly stinging.

The area was pitch black with the dead of night, the only thing shedding light was the burning town of Mayhearth in the distance.

"Take him down! Show no mercy!!" Miku chanted.

Joshs vision cleared as his confusionat the girls outburst set in, it wasn't what he had expected, but it had snappe him out of it, he watched as the others turned to fight the golem.

Emil nestled Kenna on the ground as he drew his sword. He let his magic seep through him and his eyes glowed a dark blue.

"I'm sick of this journey, lets end this here!!" Emil jumped upwards towards the golems shoulder and used a jet of water to propel himself upwards.

He struck out at the kings arm and hit him while he was distracted with Kiroku. The king growled with rage and reached for Emil with the golems hand, Emil had no time to react and was about to get grabbed when a sudden slash came from out of the blue and sliced through the golems hand causing it to be launched back. Emil jaw dropped as Josh landed beside him on the golems shoulder.

Josh watched as the golem went for Emil.

"Leonda now!" Josh cried.

The princess cast her spell and launched Josh upwards with a pillar of earth Josh sliced the golems hand with his blade and knocked it back. Josh landed beside Emil.

"Why hello there ponce, you miss me?" Josh snickered.

"Gandalfr!!!" The king struck at Josh with his blade and knocked him backwards.

Josh was launched off the edge and was about to fall to his death.

A darkness opened up at the foot of the golem and a man was launched out he caught Josh and landed up on the golems shoulder.

The man could not be seen for his dark cloak covered his face.

The man darted forward and sliced at the king, scraping through his armour and wounding his chest.

The man jumped back and ripped his cloak off to reveal a man with a grey beard and hair and clothes similar to Joshs.

"You won't have him... NOT AGAIN!" Gregory cried.

Joshs face was written with shock as he fell, he was sure of his death but suddenly a man caught him and lifted him back up to the golems shoulder.

He was completely shocked when the man turned out to be his father.

"D...Dad?!?!" Josh cried.

Emil smirked.

"Ahhh Gregory! Should have known you wouldn't die so easily!" Emil smirked.

"Wait you two know each other?!" Josh gasped.

"Not the time son! We can argue when we sort this one out!" Gregory said gesturing to the king.

"Gandalfrs.... you will DIE!!!" The king focused himself.

And covered himself in armour made from solid rock, his blade turned to diamonds, the most poweful and hard to manipulate tool of Earth mages.

"Now die!" The king charged at Gregory Josh jumped in and parried. Allowing Gregory to strike knocking the king back and Emil to push him from the Golems shoulder with magic.

The king fell to his death.

"Is it over...?" Josh asked.

"OH ITS FAR FROM OVER GANDALFR!!!" The booming voice came from the golem.

"NOW I AM ONE WITH THE EARTH!!!" The king launched Josh, Gregory, Emil and Kiroku from his shoulder, it looked grim but Leonda caught them on a disk of Earth magic and lifted it to the golems level, giving them an equal playing field.

"Lets end this!" Josh cried.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
(OOC: Another lengthy one I suppose, but at least it's cool :p
Oh, and I gave people space to post about what happened before and after Kiroku re-entered the fray, so no worries the king isn't dead... yet.)

"Well, it's nice to see that you're relatively well, Josh," Kiroku commented, standing on the disk as he prepared his weapon, "Give it up, you regal pain in my hide! We're far more powerful together! If we must we'll hack and grind you into gunpowder and ammunition!" The King Golem laughed as he raised a hand up. He wasn't attacking the disk, but he seemed to be channeling some magic. The metal fist glowed a dark brown.

"I DON'T NEED ANYTHING BUT POWER, FOOL!! BUT LET'S SEE WHAT YOUR FRIENDS HAVE TO SAY!!" the King Golem thundered, striking the ground below with the glowing fist. The ground rumbled violently as the fist collided and tore open. Rocks of various sizes were sent flying into the air and fell back down on the others below. Naturally Kiroku worried, but he put on a bluffing face. Miharu would no doubt get Benjamin out of the area, and the princess would conjure some sort of protection for herself and Kenna. As for Miku--

The hairs on the back of Kiroku's head stood on end as he heard the same voice that had been cheering him on now cry out in pain. Hurriedly, Kiroku looked down and was greeted by the dust cloud that was rising into the air. There was no way to see, so he did what came on impulse and ran off the disk of Earth. The King Golem laughed as if the boy was falling to his doom, but the boy was more resourceful than Josh and the King himself. Falling from that height was dangerous, but he used his weapon's chain to snare into a nearby tree on the way down and swing instead of crashing into the ground. Letting go of the weapon, as it was the least of his concerns now, the boy grinded to a halt when he finally touched the ground and darted for the wreckage site. She was nowhere to be found in plain sight. "Miku!!" Kiroku shouted, looking around for a trace of the village girl before picking a random spot to throw rocks out of the way, "Where are you?! Answer me!!"

Miharu appeared suddenly with Benjamin, placing the bag of potions aside as she too helped searching. Even Benjamin threw the rocks that he could move aside. They worked at it for minutes, but there was still no sign of her. Eventually, Miku yelled loud enough for the others to hear her. Miharu caught it first, jumping to the spot where she heard it come from. "Right here!" Miharu said quickly, watching Kiroku run over. In one fluent motion he grabbed a boulder in the way and threw it into the forest nearby. Miharu couldn't help but look at the boy incredulously as he threw the heavier rocks away like it was nothing. And then she saw it: a sudden spark of energy that lasted only a moment around her familiar. So, the mage thought, that's what's going on... "You care about Miku-chan, then?" Miharu asked, returning back to helping move the rocks away.

"That's what's going on? Gross!" Benjamin stated, hesitant to enter the small pit the other two were making with the Earth-removal. Kiroku ignored the slave boy, focusing on the task at hand. Miharu's words were ringing in his head. Especially the word "care." He didn't want to say anything with Benjamin around, but what was the point of keeping silent?

"... Miku-chan-- is a very close friend; like you," Kiroku said, uncertainty in his words. He didn't know why he was saying it, but they sounded sort of right to him. It allowed him to ignore the tension he had trying to pull the village girl out of the Earth. "I'd do the same if you were down there-- or Benjamin-- or anyone facing that metal idiot. There's... no possible way I could forgive myself if she's seriously hurt." The excavation proved to be fruitful when Kiroku unearthed Miku's upper body. Hurrying with freeing her, the boy pushed the last two rocks away and picked up the girl's body. It was a miracle; she still had breath in her. "Miku, say something."

"Kiro... ku," Miku murmured, starting to open her eyes to see the boy. Miharu stepped in with an open bottle of healing potion and forced the girl to drink it all. It wasn't the greatest wake-up call, but it seemed to return color to the girl's face. The mage sized her up and stated that she'd be fine, but Kiroku still looked uncertain. "I... you..."

"What? Come again?" Kiroku asked, Miharu placing an arm on his shoulder.

"As much as this may be important, it will be best to get out of this pit before that monstrosity decides to strike again," Miharu stated, turning around to climb out, "I'm guessing the other three up there are distracting him until you reenter the fray." Kiroku said nothing as he maneuvered the village girl so that she was clinging to his back. He himself began climbing out of the pit. At the same time, Miku was whispering into his ear.

"I won't die here-- I won't allow myself to," Miku whispered, though not yet strong enough to be strong in speech, "But even if I were to--"

"Don't say it. We'd all be sad if you died here," Kiroku stated, carefully rising from the pit and walking a distance away so that Miku wouldn't fall back in. Benjamin wanted to walk up to them and see if she would be okay, but Miharu stopped him ("Now's not the time to talk to them. Let's wait for them to finish and we'll go see if Lenora or Kenna needs our help."). Kiroku tried to set Miku down, but she stumbled on her first step. She quickly revisited his arms.

"... I'd at least know that my hero would help put an end to the King..." Miku continued, leaning up to the boy and planting a small kiss on his cheek. Kiroku didn't hide his shock, in fact the gasp was so audible Miharu and Benjamin could have happened to hear it. It wasn't uninvited, but he didn't expect it to happen. And then there were the words that she said. "Hero" made the boy beat himself on the inside; getting angrier and sadder at the same time.

"I'm no hero. I can't be," Kiroku stammered in disbelief, closing his eyes to combat the headache erupting in his head, "Heroes don't... let close ones fall."

"You'll be my hero. Always," Miku said, smiling as she closed her eyes. She was still weak from the injuries and needed rest, but knowing that didn't help. Kiroku gritted his teeth as he felt Miku be taken from his arms. Miharu stood over him with Miku. She was smiling at him knowingly.

"You need to return stronger, so free your restraints and unleash your own core," Miharu said, backing away as she started channeling magic into Kiroku through their bond. That's right. That King Golem did this. Endanger the lives of his friends on the ground. Hurt Miku. Hatred was flowing through him like blood, but he managed to keep his sanity. He could feel new power surfacing from deep inside of him. It crackled in electric blue sparks in the physical world, but on the inside it was making him feel like he was far beyond his normal strength. Such power... he could really do some significant damage. He could also feel Miharu's magic inside him; he was going to arrive back in an awe-inspiring fashion.

"Well then... LET'S GET CREATIVE!!!!!!" Kiroku shouted at the top of his lungs, feeling the energy of the core surround him and surge with a brilliant electric blue hue. The earth began rumbling around him now, as there was a lot of raw energy he was working with. Being so angry, being so emotional, and being so concerned had probably unlocked a new tier of power (something Gregory probably learned to do long ago). He was really going to feel the aftereffects soon after the battle, but that didn't matter. As long as he took that king down he was more than happy to face fatigue again. Holding his hand out in front of him, part of the energy gathered in front of him and was forming into a solid mass. Slowly, a little bit of the access blue energy combined into a scythe made of ice. Water magic. Kiroku smiled as he looked at his weapon, and then at the King Golem. This was going to do some real heavy damage. "KIROKU: AQUA REAPER FORM!!"

Charging in at blinding speeds (and on one step), the boy almost seemed to teleport on the spot. Leaping up the golem and slashed away with the scythe, several rends were made into the body of the behemoth like it was human. They wouldn't be enough to end the fight, but there was definitely more where it came from. Kiroku had jumped just high enough to backflip onto the disk of earth where the others were and listen to the King Golem's roar of... pain? Huh, guess it could gain feelings after being merged with metal. The scythe was held behind Kiroku as he made a more regal stance.

"Boy!! Do you know what that could do to you?!" Gregory blurted, realizing that Kiroku had done something that not even he, nor probably even his own son, would due unless the situation was so dire. Kiroku held a calm, composed face in light of his short emotional rampage back on the ground.

"... Nope," Kiroku said nonchalantly, "I don't care. I will make sure this man pays for all that he's done. Never mess with my friends." With that, the boy darted for the King Golem again with another single step with the scythe poised for assault. He began hacking away, and would continue to until the fight had resolved, but kept himself ready to work with and around his comrades' own attacks.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
'So what's the first order of business then, partner? You can't tell me we are going to just sit here all day?' Cody had asked. Honestly, Primeria didn't know what she was to do. She had heard commotion related to the other mages who had summoned "people" as well but things didn't apply to her then as it did now. Thinking about meeting the other people whom had summoned other familiars, Primeria wondered if they were similar to her, of course very different in certain aspects, and the anticipation began to bubble deep within her. There was one problem. She didn't really know where to find the others.

"....Hm..." Primeria mumbled to herself. She rarely walked about save for class and field practice, and she hardly had any friends. "... I should go ask a teacher... *cough*" Primeria finally decided as she continued to think to herself. Her eye then caught sight of Cody, whom was still waiting for some sort of answer from her.

"...O-Oh... Well... I was thinking... M-Maybe... We could go meet... *cough* the others... who summoned... people... like you." Primeria gave her answer to her familiar. "...T-Though... I'm not sure... where to find them... *cough cough*," Primeria paused to control her coughing before she continued, "...so I was thinking... of asking a teacher..." With that said, Primeria collected herself, slowly rose from her bed, and stood before Cody.

"...S-Shall we?" She meekly asked.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
(OOC: Short, fail post. But my character needs to get moving.)

"...O-Oh... Well... I was thinking... M-Maybe... We could go meet... *cough* the others... who summoned... people... like you." Primeria finally answered after debating with herself. "...T-Though... I'm not sure... where to find them... *cough cough*," Primeria paused to control her coughing before she continued, "...so I was thinking... of asking a teacher..." With that said, Primeria rose from her bed, and stood before Cody. Though he wouldn't call it standing. Even sitting, Cody practically matched her height. It was cute in its own way. Cody weakly smiled and slowly rose from the ground standing before Primeria.

"...S-Shall we?" She meekly asked.

"Yeah. Let's see if we can do something about my boredom," Cody said with a sarcastic lick. Cody looked down at Primeria and brief flashes of memory emerged. Something about her seemed familiar (OOC: Ha! Pun!). He remembered falling through the portal and being disoriented, confused and out of place. His vision was blurry, his body was weak, his mind was scattered. It was coming back to him, in pieces, but the image of a small girl locking lips with him continually repeated. "Hmm," Cody audibly muttered before placing his rather large hands on Primeria's shoulders. "For some reason, I am getting a sense of deju vu. Ha! Strange. Oh well, let's go find some teacher. I think we should start with the headmaster," Cody suggested.

He walked over to the door and opened it forcefully, holding the door open for his master. "Come on. Let's go."

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Gregory smiled from the disk of Earth as Kirokus true power boiled through...

"How did he..." Josh murmured.

"Familiars can channel magic." Emil butted in.

"However its only in times of extreme need and emotional trauma and if your bodys not already prepared you'll take in magic like a commoner would and die."Emil stated.

"So thats why Kennas magic didn't kill me before." Josh murmured.

"Yes... but its still very unusual you survived... the odds of that were very... slim." Emil said.

"Josh you need to do that aswell... That form of energy requires a strong bond between familiar and mage, my mage is long dead I cannot do it myself anymore." Gregory said grabbing his sons arms and holding him in front of him.

"B...But... I don't know how! I can't, I'm not in emotional trauma or..." Josh began.

"Kennas dying Josh..." Emil lied, it had to be done.

"w...what?!" Josh cried.

"Shes taken a mortal wound and is slowly dying and that man" Emil pointed to the king golem.

"Is the man responsible." Emil finished.

"K...Kennas... Kennas...I... I wasn't here... to protect her...I... I couldn't... Josh black glow began to slightly spark little bolts of energy.

"If you want to avvenge her son, use that energy to strike that man down, avenge her!" Gregory cried.

Joshs eyes turned blood red and his face was pale and grief stricken.

"GRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!" A blazing inferno erupted around Josh and Gregory and Emil had to jump back to avoid it.

Josh stood in the center of a ring of flames as he turned to face the golem who was being so mercilessly attacked by Kiroku.

"Hehe.... Hehehehehehe.... HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I'LL WATCH YOU SUFFER OLD MAN!" The flames around Josh burned Chaos red and his spine erupted from his back as his Gandalfr ruins flickered furiously. His nails turned black and grew into claws, his erupted spines cords grew into large spikes his eyes turned to black slits on a red background and his teeth grew into fangs.

"Finnaly..." Gregory murmured.

"Phase two is complete."

Josh ran to the edge of the disk and launched himself off. Josh held his hands together and an orb of red and black energy formed in his palms. He held it above his head and launched it at the golem, it made contact and exploded in a vaccume similar to a black hole dragging off the golems helmet to reveal a rough face sewn together with rotting flesh. One of Kirokus slashs cut it open and the Golem exploded in a mass of dark flames.

"They did it!!!" Emil cried.

Josh fell to the ground in a rough heap.

"Josh! Are you Ok?!" Emil cried.

Josh dragged himself up and stood crooked and mangled, his body simply seemed to pull itself back together. Josh launched himself upwards and grabbed Emil and threw him backwards. Emil barely managed to cling onto the side.

"What are you doing you fool?!" Emil cried.

"Emil... Emil, Emil, Emil... the stupid ponce who gets in my way... now it's your turn to die... haha.... HAHAHAHA!" Josh charged at Emil and drew his sword about to strike him down in blind fury.

"No... whats going on?..." Gregory murmured.

Gregory jumped in and parried Josh strike.

"Stop this madness Josh!" Gregory cried.

"You...." Josh murmured.

"Oh Father dearest you who abandoned me... you betrayed me and Mother... you left us to rot, to ROT!" Josh shouted bearing his demonic fangs.

"So now you die with the ponce... all of you people ALL OF YOU WILL DIE! DIE BY THE POWER OF THE VOID!" Josh raised his hands into the air.

'Da mihi caeruleus ... usque ad irritum potestatem, ego postulo ut perderent omnes inimicos meos interfice hahahaha! " Josh could undertand every word this time, in his mind spells and incantations rushed around, anger flowing through his body as everything wrong about his life seeped in.

All the hardships he suffered, everything he'd been through that was horrible and painful, these were the only things left and he wanted vengeance.

Joshs raised has were forming more balls of red and black energy. He threw them and they homed in on three targets.

Emil, Gregory and... Kiroku. Joshs mind was being controlled by void magic... given to him by his true past... one shrouded in so much mystery that even he didn't know it. His whol life wether he knew it or not had been a lie. The things he had been told, the family he thought he knew. All a lie. He didn't know it yet but Joshs void magic came from his true mother. The last mage of the void lineage.

Gregory was a commoner of the world of magic, but found a way to go to the non-magical realm of Earth and went there to protect his son from himself. Gregory had though Josh ready to control his true self. He had been wrong.

(OOC: Shocking Twist :O)

Last edited:

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
The touch of Cody's hand on Primeria's shoulder made her meekly tremble because his presence had already added to her nervousness. Trying to keep calm, she turned her head slightly to face Cody, revealing only a partial of her face to him as the rest was covered by her long lavender hair.

"For some reason, I am getting a sense of deju vu. Ha! Strange." Cody said aloud. Hoping he hadn't remembered what happened before, Primeria kept a confused face. "Oh well, let's go find some teacher. I think we should start with the headmaster," Cody suggested. He continued ahead towards the door, propping it open and held it as he waited for Primeria.

"Come on. Let's go." Primeria followed and nodded to Cody before exiting out of her quarters with him closing the door behind him. Leading, Primeria navigated her way around the academy hallways with Cody following nearby. She could hear his footsteps behind her, however, she didn't look back to see if he was doing anything else, such as inspecting the school or what not. Weaving through a few more hallways and up some flight of stairs, Primeria paused at the flat level of the stairs to take a few breaths of air before continuing up the second flight of stairs. Primeria wasn't sure why, but Cody was somewhat silent throughout the walk towards the Headmaster's chambers. She was glad of the silence because she was trying to keep herself composed. After climbing the sets of stone staircases, Primeria found herself facing a desk counter that sat nearby a large double door. The desk belonged to the Headmaster's secretary, Adriel, however, she wasn't there at the moment, which was awkward. Reluctant to just barge into the Headmaster's chambers, Primeria lightly knocked on the double doors despite being unsure if he was going to hear it or not.

"...P-Professor Awenston?" Primeria asked as she knocked on the door, but the door slowly pushed open as her knuckle connected with the wooden door. The small creaking seemed to invite her in and she slowly pushed the door open to investigate. Rarely does the Headmaster not lock his door or at the very least, not close it all the way. The doors creaked open and revealed...

((OOC: Okay Raikiri... take it away! Yeah I'm lame. :/ We both are failing at the moment but wait till we get moving. =D))

Last edited:

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Kenna could feel herself getting weaker. How was that possible? Josh must have been using her energy again. She had to fight this other wise she was going to die. She opened her eyes and saw Josh. She didn't move, she couldn't move. He was battling along with Emil, Gregory and Kiroku.

There was something wrong. Josh was using way to much magic in his fighting. Once they had killed the king, that's when everything went crazy. Kenna managed to pull herself up. Joshs mind was being controlled by void magic but she didn't know how that was even possible.

Kenna started to walk over to Josh as quickly as she could. He did not notice her. Joshs raised has were forming more balls of red and black energy. He was going to fire them in the direction of Emil, Gregory and Kiroku. They were his targets. Josh was Kenna's fimilar, she could not let this happen.

Her fast pace soon turned into a run and adrenaline kicked in. She speed past Josh as he launched the energy balls. Kenna stood firmly in front of the three guys with her arms out just as the energy balls made impact.

"No Kenna!" Emil yelled but it was too late, she had saved them, that's all that mattered.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
(Nope, I guess what I posted didn't happen. XD)

Last edited:

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Josh stopped the energy balls seconds short of hitting Kenna and smirked.

"I should have known... you'd get in my way. You're so intent on keeping those you cherish safe. You'd put yourself between them and certain death to save them... you're to stuborn to realise that you're being selfish. Throwing yourself away to save someone else doesn't make you a hero, it makes you a coward, afraid to say goodbye so you give yourself up instead... all of you nobles... cowards, selfish COWARDS!..." Josh shrunk away the balls of energy and made them disappear.

"Don't you think how people would feel if they were in your place! You say your being brave doing stupid things like that but your only putting others through the pain you would have felt instead of facing it yourself!" Josh cried.

"You... you coward!" Josh drew his sword.

"I know you won't move Kenna and I'm sorry... but any obstacles in my way must be removed! Even if you're one of them!" Josh charged towards kenna, and brought his sword down across her chest, gashing her front and tossing her to the side.

Joshs own chest began to burn with the stinging sensation of pain. A familiar is not meant to harm their master, not ever.

"KENNA!" Emil charged at Josh sword drawn but he simply knocked him aside, he was no match for void magic.

Josh turned and was about to finish Emil who had crawled to Kennas side. Josh raised his sword high and held it above their heads.

"I realise everything now! My father abandoned me and my life was ripped from me! What about my Mother eh?! Shes left alone because of you people, all of you!!! I just wanted to live my life the best I could and you took that from me! You Bastards!" He pointed his sword at Kenna and Emil, pain and heartbreak in his eyes.

"None of you deserve life! You may aswell have just slit my throat because either way I'm gone!" Josh sliced his sword down but stopped it inches from Kenna and Emil.

"But I'm not like that!!! I don't kill people I don't destroy lives! I'm not built for it, Joshs body reformed in its normal shape. Rain began to fall all around.

"You!" He turned to Kenna.

"You're selfish and you don't even realise it, you took everything from me and then dared to try to be my friend, maybe more?!?!" Josh screamed. He turned to Emil.

"You! You treat others like **** because you're of higher rank then them and you act like you have honour when you're just as bad as her! Both of you, everyone in this bloody world deserves no mercy and should be slaughtered." Josh sheated his sword and began to walk away.

Tears fell from his face as his familiar ruins burned for his disrespect of his master.

"None of you deserve mercy... but I already said *sob*..... I'm not like that... I'll never drop to your level... never." Josh walked away.

"Heal yourselves up and round together the others... we're heading back to Tristein" Jos said leaving the two behind.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Kiroku blinked to himself as he lowered his weapon. He had been (relatively) safe from the other familiar's fury, but he couldn't help but feel bad even now. He personally thought that he would have been better off being abandoned by his family, but these were some very extenuating circumstances. There was also a likeness that could be seen in the other boy: a version of himself that knew that the world had taken everything from him. Without hesitation, he walked up to Josh. His weapon was starting to melt, even though it was raining; there was no more danger now. He'd have to remember to reclaim his weapon.

"Josh, I can't vouch for your life, but hear me out. I think you're luckier than you give yourself credit for," the boy said, walking with the other familiar. He wasn't sure where the two of them were going, but that was the least of the priorities at that moment. He stretched out with his hands behind his head and looked up at the falling rain. It was soothing to him; he saw a lot of rain where he grew up. It always put him at a sort of ease... "I'm not defending Emil-- I think he got just about what he deserved-- but I have a feeling that not all of that was meant in its entirety. Not to Kenna, anyway. And, as for your father, he's still alive for this long after his mage died. I can only guess, but I'm certain he's avoiding the grips of fate because of his love for you. Believe it or not, you've had people who cared about you all this time without knowing about it."

Kiroku stopped as they came across a long line in the ground. It wasn't deep, but it had a considerable length. More than likely it was from when he landed that first time. Sighing, he stopped walking and turned to the wooded area. "... I have to find that naginata... I almost forgot," the boy stated with a sigh. With that, he broke away from Josh and started his way into the forest. He might have been called a coward too for walking away, but he didn't mind. In fact, slowing a little bit to wait for any reply, he would have said "Yep" and laughed about it. At the very least he would be an... honest coward...?

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
"Perhaps your right Kiroku... perhaps your wrong... my father abandoned me and my mother when I was ten and left us with out any money or means to sustain ourselves." Josh sighed.

"Kenna... I can't let myself get close to Kenna anymore." The rain beat down hard on Josh.

"With that other side of me buried so deep I could seriously hurt her... I don't want that..." Josh felt tears roll down his face however they were simply mixed in with the rain.

"I didn't want to say those things to Kenna, Kiroku... but she's a stupid stuborn girl, she wouldn't simply accept that I needed to stay away from her to protect her... she would have gladly put herself at risk to stop others from getting hurt. Though what I said to her was true... I could never blame her for it... but I need to to protect her..." Josh felt the stinging in his ruins stop.

"After all... it's what I was brought here to do..." Josh smirked.

"It's not about what I want anymore and I accpet that... I don't want to hurt her... but I have to in order to protect her." Josh clenched his fist.

"I can't tell if you understand Kiroku but it's just something I have to do... I... I..." Josh collapsed to his knees.

"I just want her to be safe..."

Josh stood back up and brushed the mud from his jacket.

"I can't call you a coward, your the same as me in all this... but you don't... you don't have to worry about losing control..." Josh smiled.

"But look at me bothering you with my problems! You should be going to see if Mikus alright, now go on. Shoo!" Josh put on a fake smile to hide te pain inside.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
"I know you won't move Kenna and I'm sorry... but any obstacles in my way must be removed! Even if you're one of them!" Josh charged towards Kenna, and brought his sword down across her chest, gashing her front.

As soon as the blade cut Kenna in the stomach, she screamed. Blood went everywhere as she was tossed to the side like a rag doll by Josh. She looked up at Josh with a shocked look on her face. Emil cried her name as he charged at Josh but he simply tossed Emil too. Emil made his way over to Kenna's side.

"You're selfish and you don't even realise it, you took everything from me and then dared to try to be my friend, maybe more?!?!" Josh screamed. He turned to Emil.

Josh made his way over to them and was about to hit them both with the weapon again but then he stopped. Emil moved in front of Kenna to try and protect her. Josh stared at them with such pain in his eyes; Kenna couldn't make herself drop his gaze.

"You! You're selfish and you don't even realise it, you took everything from me and then dared to try to be my friend, maybe more!?" Josh screamed and then turned to Emil.

"You! You treat others like **** because you're of higher rank then them and you act like you have honour when you're just as bad as her! Both of you, everyone in this bloody world deserve no mercy and should be slaughtered." Josh turned away from them.

Tears rolled down Kenna's face. Her wound was causing her great pain but she ignored it. She was more concerned with the bitterness of Josh's words. Emil looked down at Kenna with an expression of pure worry; it was a look that a father would give his child.

Josh was now walking away from the group with Kiroku right behind him. Kenna let out another sob as he continued to walk away. She looked down at the cut on her chest, it didn't look good so Kenna looked up to face Emil instead.

"He is right." Kenna sighed.

"What are you talking about Ken?" Emil asked confused.

"I am selfish; I took him away from his life. I took him away from his mother and I expect him to protect me. I am the real monster in all of this." Kenna explained.

"I understand why he is upset about all of this and I have not helped much either with fighting with him all of the time. But you do need to know this, you are not a monster."

"If I had of gotten that simple spell right, none of this would have happened. Tristan would have got it right and if he was here now, he could of helped." Kenna sobbed.

"Tristan was always the strong one. We need him now." Emil said gently.

"Emil, you never told me how Tristan actually died. You told me it was all so sudden, but what actually caused his death?" Kenna asked.

"I can't tell you that Kenna." Emil sighed.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't know myself, I promise we will find out someday."

"I hope so."

"Do you think he is going to be ok?" Emil gestured to the direction that Josh had gone.

"It makes me sick to think about what he must be going through." Kenna said.

"It makes me sick to look at that wound. We need to get it cleaned up."

Emil took of his jacket and started to tear it up so he could stop the bleeding. He used his water magic to clean the wound. It was really painful and Kenna kept moaning in pain. Emil tied the rest of his jacket around the wound and gave a short sigh of relief.

"If I can get into the sun, I should be able to heal much faster." Kenna said as she pulled herself up and walked slowly out of the shade.

Emil was right behind her and was ready to catch her is she were to fall. As soon as the sun touched her skin, she felt her fire awaken. It made her feel stronger and it was giving her the energy back that she had lost.

Kenna moaned in pleasure as the fire flowed through her body and made her skin glow. She still was feeling weakened by Josh's words. She knew everything he said was true. She was a coward, she protected the people she cared about most because did not want to say good bye to the people she loved, she did not want to lose anyone else in her life and for that, she was a coward.

She had put Josh through so much. She had dragged him here against his will and now he had finally had enough. Kenna was not sure what she can say or do to try and make things better for Josh.

Kenna turned to Emil and more tears ran down her face. "What are we going to do now?" She whispered.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Josh was in the nearby forest training and striking down tees fr no goodreason, e neded to get some anger out. He felt it when Kenna stepped into the sun.

Part of him felt good that she was Ok, anther part was sickene by it.

A single gunshot pierced the air and Josh rolled out of the way as a bullet embedded itself in a tree.

Emil smiled at Kenna as tears ran down her face.

"We do what Josh said... We go back to Tristein and try to salvage what has happened..." Emil frowned as he felt around his belt to find his gun missing.

"Where on Earth is my pistol?" He asked himself.

Gregory held the smoking gun out in his hand, the bullet had been easily dodged by his son.

"As expected phase two was a success. Despite your little rampage you're developing perfectly. Lucky that stupid girl stopped you before things got out of hand." Gregory said as he reloaded the pistol.

"Now... Lets begin phase three." Gregory raised the pistol and fired.

Josh rolled again to dodge the bullet.

"D...Dad?! What are you?! Why are you?!" Josh asked.

"As expected phase two was a success. Despite your little rampage you're developing perfectly. Lucky that stupid girl stopped you before things got out of hand." Gregory said as he reloaded the pistol.

"Now... Lets begin phase three." Gregory raised the pistol and fired.

Josh jumped from the guns blast range.

"What are you talking about?!" Josh cried.

Gregory didn't listen he just charged at Josh blade drawn.

Josh didn't know what happened to him, he could feel the dark void energy attacking him, trying to control him but a wall of chains burst from the grund and stopped it.

"W...What the?!" Gregory stuttered.

"Damn you Awenston... you sneaky dog... Now Adriel!" An arrow was fired and Josh flipped out of the way.

Adriel landed in front of Gregory as she launched from the tree.

"Im sorry Josh...." Adriel murmured.

"Finish him, with that blade of his he's no use to me." Gregory stated.

"Yes my master." Adriel whispered, her ruins glowing bright green. She drew back her bow.

"Wait what are you....?!" Josh cried dodging another arrow as a dark portal formed and Gregory leapt through.

"Im... so sorry..." Adirel fired a barage of arrows with her Gandalfr core as Josh span away from and blocked every one.

"Adrile stop!!!" Josh cried.

"I don't want to hurt you...."

"Youhave to Josh... you don't understand yet but I'm just a stepping stone in a much more elaborate string of events." She drew back her bow.

"Now fight back!" More arrows were fired.

Josh struck down the arrows with a strike of his blade.

He charged towards Adriel and struck at her, she drew a short sword and parried suddenly kicking Josh back with a powerful knee to the ribs.

Josh skidded back and switched his sword to a gun, he aimed and fired multiple shots as Adriel gracefully leapt and dodged each one. A chain shot out and grabbed Adriels leg as Josh aimed his gun, Adriel fired an arrow and Josh was forced to release as Adriel span and leapt away from the hastily aimed bullet Josh shot at the last moment.

"Come on Josh!" Adriel cried.

"You can't hold back, think about Kenna, fight for her." Josh stopped at Adriels words.

"Kenna... I can't be close to her antmore if I do.... Kenna means nothing to me anymore Adriel she can't!" Josh jumped towards Adriel and used one of her arrows as a launch pad for a second jump he sliced down and knocked Adriel from the tree.

Adriel drew a knife and threw it at Josh, it sliced through his left arm but he kept moving. He fell to the ground and Adriel kicked him as he did.

Josh however met Adriels kick with his own and used it to launch himself backwards. He drew his gunblade and aimed at her as he span backwards. He fired and shot a dark energy blast. Adriel was knocked backwards and Josh charged towards her, when a flash of green light appeared and a hand grabbed Adriel and pulled her through.

Josh landed back and charged towards the light but it closed before he could reach it.

Josh pounded the ground with his fist in anger, what the hell had just happened. He could have sworn he had seen Adriel smile as he was about to finish her.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
OOC: Not a great post at all. But Cody as a troll is fun to be.

Cody had went to a fairly large school in the past. Filled to the brim with students, Cody developed an excellent sense of direction and an ability to slip through crowds better than anyone he knew. However, this "academy" was unlike anything he had seen before. Opulent in decoration, grand in design and titanic in size, calling the academy impressive would be an understatement. He attempted, however, to control his sense of amazement and focus on the task at hand. If it wasn't obvious before, it was now. Cody wasn't leaving. He was stuck here, whatever here was. He had to adjust and prepare for his extended vacation. As he made his way through the grandiose hallways, Cody began drawing a mental map of the academy, noting any "landmarks" he passed by. This would be an abridged map however, only taking in a selected portion of the school. It was a start, though and at this point a start was better than nothing. The map making process absorbed all his attention as the small Primeria lead the way with a sense of lost composition. Something was bothering her, that much was obvious but Cody was never that talented at reading people especially women.

A flight of stairs later, it had seemed Cody and Primeria had reached the headmaster's office. There was an empty desk lying near a large double door. Cody guessed it was for some sort of assistant, but this was 2011 and it wasn't a modern day school. What kind of medieval wizard principal needs a secretary? Oh well, Cody shrugged and instead wondered if the secretary was hot. Primeria didn't seem to notice Cody's daydreaming and focused her attention to the towering doors before them.

"...P-Professor Awenston?" Primeria asked as she knocked on the door, visibly reluctant to enter the doors. The door was slight ajar and Primeria took the invitation regardless. Cody smirked, knowing he would have the same perhaps with less manners. Breaking and entering was a hobby of his in the past.

The creaking of the door revealed…a tall, ancient looking man standing before them. The man was quite old, a snow white beard consuming half his face. It was quite long, reminding Cody of the classical depiction of the venerable wizard. His clothing was regal if a bit effeminate sporting a black gown. He appeared to have just reappeared from something, possibly explaining the open door. Cody's jaw dropped as the old wizard came into view.

"You…you…you must be Dumbledore!"

"I'm sorry, no. I am Professor Awenston. I'd appreciate to be addressed as such," the headmaster replied. He walked past Cody (who was still in a state of shock) and stood before Primeria. "He must the familiar you had summoned earlier today. I must his outfit is certainly striking. Suits a poor commoner, or some sort of horrid outcast."

"It's a popular outfit where I come from. Plenty of people wear it. It is a very selective crew however. Requires an initiation and everything," Cody interrupted the old man's conversation with Primeria. Cody traversed the room, examining every little detail with curiosity only matched by that of a small child. Touching and fondling various objects and books, Cody "marked" the room quite well. With every object he touched, the headmaster's face twitched with anger. By the end of his examination, Cody had damaged several books and broke a fancy vase.

He grabbed a piece of fruit from the conveniently placed fruit bowl; its alluring shape and unknown taste impossible to ingore. He proceeded to juggle the fruit with dexterity, before catching behind his back and take a sizable bite. Cody then collapsed into the headmaster's chair, kicking up his feet on his desk.

"Who said you can sit there?! And why are you eating that?! It was a gift!" the headmaster roared, snatching the fruit from Cody's hand and using a simple spell to toss Cody across the room. "I hope you can afford the repairs, Miss Primeria.

Cody picked himself off the ground and dusted himself off, fixing his collar and outfit while he was at it. "Oh pull the wand out of your ass, old man."

"Address me as Professor Awenston, familiar."

"Did anyone tell you have a fantastic beard?" Cody asked stroking Awenston's beard in an almost flirtatious manner, completely ignoring the headmaster's coarse order.

"STOP TOUCHING ME!"

"Okaay~~" Cody winked. "Could of just said please," he grumbled under his breath. "Though if you really want to continue this old wizard look you need add a hat with stars right there," he rambled incoherently pointing to Awenston's head. The headmaster rebelled, slapping Cody's hand away. Cody attempted to point again only to be rejected. And again. And again. And again. And again.

"Enough of these childish games!" The headmaster unleashed a thunderous roar, forcing Cody to take a few steps back before hiding behind his "master." The reality is that Cody was attempt to dodge the barrage of saliva fired at him.

Cody gulped. "You got some spit on your-"

"Slience! You will speak when spoken to." Cody replied with a thumbs up.

"Primeria Sage. You seem to have quite the familiar on your hands. I only hope that you are prepared for this," the headmaster with a certain level of distain holding a sheet of paper in his hand. Before he could continue, the paper was gone and Cody held in his hand, one arm around the headmaster himself.

Cody coughed and read the small piece of parchment aloud with a fake British accent for dramatic effect:
Tristein Academys New Familiar showcase!

As most of the noble familys will know, the second year students have summoned their familiars.

As a test of the mage and familiars skill and bond, we will once again be hosting the Familiar Showcase, A show which shows off how well the mage has trained their familiars and to show how well the bond between them has formed. The show will take place three days from now and will be an exciting occasion for all.

We will have a range of special guests but perhaps the most exciting is the princess of Tristein herself.

Leonda Hiyacenth!

We hope you will do your best to attend!

Signed: Prof. P. Awenston, headmaster of the Tristein academy for magical arts and their teachings.

"Oh right. That explains it," Cody nodded having reached an epiphany. The headmaster stared in frustrated confusion, Cody's antics had clearly gotten to the wise man. "Your name really is Awenston. No wonder you are so angry. If only your name was epic," Cody said with a troll like smile.

"Grrrr. Primeria. Get your familiar out of here….please," Awenston begged, though the vile words sounded more like a threat.

"Whoa, whoa. Slow down old timer, before you have a heart attack. We got three days for this right?" Cody said pointing at the paper.

"Yes...Yes, you did. Two days ago. The showcase is tomorrow. I'd advise you prepare for it, Primeria. It seems you do not have any sense of control over your familiar," Awenston said turning to Primeria immediately after answering Cody's question. "Now, leave my office. Immediately." Awenston brandished his staff and slammed the end on the ground, as if he was about to conjure a spell.

Cody shook his head, shrugged his shoulders and raised his arms innocently as if he was being arrested. He made his way out of the door, walking backwards not trusting the old man enough to turn his back. After making his way through the door, Cody muttered: "Jeez, what got into that old man. He's your principal? Makes me happy I don't go to school anymore. So, what are we doing about this showcase thing? Flier makes it sound you have to participate."

Back