• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2012
Ok Heres the battle against winnona.

I sent Manectric out and Winona sent out Swellow.
I used spark and got Swellow in the red and Winona healed it.
Then I used quick attack and then spark but Swellow still had one little bit of health.

And my luck turned on me.

The darn thing used endeavor and now Manectric has 2 HP left.
Then I KOed swellow.

Out came Altaria.

Switched out to Aron.
Altaria used dragonbreath and paralized Aron.
Earthquake.
Kirlia next.
Earthquake. KOed Kirlia.
Tentacool. Go, Tentacool!
God damn mother****ing earthquake.
Ugghhh. Swellow, its your turn to die next.
Dragonreath. 42 HP left.
I used endeavor and now Altaria has 42 HP left.
He kerpwned Swellow with a Dragonbreath critical hit.

I don't fell like going on so let's just say, I lost.

laccey

xooooo
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
i spent the last few days doing "remedial courses" for all 26 or so pokemon i caught just after beating norman. meaning i was training them all to level 30-32. a couple of days ago, i just finished all that. the last six pokemon that got to their appropriate levels were girafarig, corphish (who evolved), heracross (this was a heracross i bred, so it was below level 30), duskull, shuppet, and absol. when only shuppet and absol were left, i had fun by hosting a "race" to see who would finish their "remedial training" last. hmm... there was shuppet, who was level 30 and has been trained for quite a few days before that last day, and needed to get to level 32. then there was absol, who was level 25 and needed to get to level 31, and just started its training that day. (and as an inside joke, they happened to be nicknamed severus and sirius, respectively...) but it was severus who finished before his absol competition, barely. well, there you go sirius. you start last, you finish last. lesson learned: don't procrastinate! start training NOW!!

so now all 60 or so of my pokemon need to get to levels 35-38 before i can face winona... (depending on whether they need to learn any attacks or evolve)b ut wait, what about my staryu? i want to evolve it before it gets to level 33, but i can't find a water stone or even a blue shard anywhere! then i found out that i can't get either until i'm able to use dive, which won't happen until badge 7. arrgh... it looks like i'll have to either wait until badge 7 to train staryu any further, or trade in a water stone/blue shard from sapphire... meh, it's less frustrating to do the latter, but then again, i wasn't able to evolve my traded-in feebas until i was able to reach lilycove city...

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2016
Your Pokemon adventures...

So why not to write your whole Pokemon adventure in this thread... Any game for the 3rd gen.
So here is my Emerald:
Receive as starter Torchic(Male)
Catch Wurmble(Male)
Catch Wingull(Male)
Catch Ralts(Female)
Catch Marill(Male)
Wurmble evolves to Cascoon
Cascoon evolves to Dustox
Catch Skitty(Female)
Defeat Roxanne
Torchic evolves to Combusken
Marill evolves to Azumarill
Defeat Brawly
Ralts evolves to Kirlia
Defeat Wattson
Wingull evolves to Pelipper
Catch Machop(Male) and put Skitty at the PC
Machop evolves to Machoke
Defeat Flannery
Kirlia evolves to Gardevoir
Defeat Norman
Catch Swablu(Female) and put Pelipper at the PC
Swablu evolves to Altaria
Defeat Winona
Catch Phanpy(Male) and put Dustox at the PC
Phanpy evolves to Donphan
Combusken evolves to Blaziken
Defeat Tate and Liza
Defeat Juan
Training at Victory road up to Lv.58
Defeat Elite four
Defeat Wallace
Trying to catch all 47 Kanto Pokemon that can be caught at Hoenn(43/47)

This will get updated and soon my Firered...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
I was about 8 or 9 when I got Pokemon Ruby, and I got in trouble for buying it, because my parents were not their. Even though I got in trouble I knew I was in for a ride. What I remember the most was me always singing along with the Hoen music. This was the game that made my childhood, and thats why I love it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2012
Ok.
I restarted fire red again and i'm playing as we speak.

~picked boy
~named him JAMIE
~started my adventure!
~checked out Pallet Town
~started to leave, but was stopped a raving professor oak
~got my first pokemon, bulbasaur!
~nicknamed him GRASSYMAN

TO BE CONTINUED
SR409

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
Years
  • Age 32
  • PA
  • Seen May 6, 2012
Started a new Pokemon Sapphire file awhile back and this time my goal is to be a top Pokemon Coordinator! (And just to catch and train some Hoenn Region Pokes for my Soul Sliver haha) Trainer Lacey is determined to lead her Pokemon to the master ranks! Traveling with Beautifly, Plusle, Minun, and Ralts she also has ambitions to take the Hoenn League Championship ribbon as well one day. She currently has 3 Gym Badges.

Today's Adventure:

Angelina Love (Minun) def. Electrike , Poochyena and Mukuthia in a COOL Contest to obtain the Normal Rank Ribbon

- Jimmy's Poochy and that damn Take Down of his coming in a VERY close second. Minun is gonna need some more moves besides Thunder Wave to rely on in the next contest for sure. An interview man with glasses wanted to talk to Lacey after her victory which she happily obliged to! Lacey then continues her journey on to Fallarbor town... On the way there is a certain Pokemon she wishes to add to her party.. Can anyone guess who it is?

And like at the end of every Pokemon Adventures Manga I will give Party and PokeDex Updates in each entry. (Not that anybody cares lmao)

Seen:55
Owned:10

Lacey's Current Party

Beautifly - Lv.40
Minun - Lv.13 (Accolades:NORMAL RANK COOL CONTEST WINNER)
Plusle - Lv. 13
Ralts - Lv.4
ZigZagoon - Lv. 12

(I plan to EV Minun, Plusle, Ralts, and some other Pokemon I catch along the way and intend to use Beautifly as my main Pokemon to conquer the E4 with)

Last edited:

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
Years
  • Age 32
  • PA
  • Seen May 6, 2012
CHAPTER 2

I decided to go back a few towns to catch a Wingull (I remember having a totally awesome Pelipper back on High School... Plus it is good for Surf and Fly too)

While I was in the area I stopped in Verdanurf for another Normal rank contest, this time with my Beautifly. We won the contest with flying colors! Beautifly obtained the Normal Rank Smart Ribbon. After that I was on my way to Fallarbor town.

On my way in, I decided to have Plusle and Minun gain 50 SP Attack EVs each by beating up on the Spindas there.. 100 freakin Spinda.. I even caught one. Also teaching my Minun the TM Move "Shock Wave" which will come in handy on both the battle field and contest stage alike. While I was at it I ran into one of my personal fav Pokemon and a rarity for Sapphire... Skarmory! I of course captured it and stored it for later!

Lacey reaches Fallarbor town and the sight of her next Pokemon contest. Minun enters the SUPER Cool Contest... A stellar performance in both rounds! For some reason I was first every single appeal so Shock Wave and Helping Hand both were very useful in dominating the show. Minun earns her second Ribbon! Next was Beautifly's turn in the SUPER Smart contest.. And Oh for the lov of god there was a SPINDA there!!!! Just can't get away. Whats worse is that swirly eyed reek a zoid came within a hair of beating my precious Beautifly! But as always I won because well.. thats sorta what I do. ;)

Next I was on my way to the sight of my Fourth Gym Battle.. Beating every trainer along the way and doing all that boring Team Aqua stuff as well. In my next entry I will be in Slateport haha no need updating about storyline crap and gym stuff.. Will likely go to Verdanurf again to get a start on my other Pokemon.

End Chapter 2...

Seen:68
Owned:13

Lacey's Current Party

Beautifly - Lv.46 (Accolades:SMART RANK COOL CONTEST WINNER, SUPER RANK SMART CONTEST WINNER)
Minun - Lv.20 (Accolades:NORMAL RANK COOL CONTEST WINNER, SUPER RANK COOL CONTEST WINNER)
Plusle - Lv. 18
Ralts - Lv.4
Wingull - Lv. 8
ZigZagoon Lv. 15 [HM Guy for now.. Maybe EV later for SS I have not used him in a battle.]

HaxingBH

HaxingBH
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2012
well,
im doing a nuzlocke emerald randomized run on my youtube channel

aside from that, registeel killed itself 3 times in a row with struggle (used over 60 ultra balls) :[

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
Years
In Kanto:

I turned on my game and realized I only had 5 badges. I quickly swamped the 3 remaining gyms and pwned the Elite 4.

After that, I finished Celio's quest so I could talk to my brother in Hoenn! I got the Ruby but the Sapphire was a little more annoying .__.

After finishing his tiresome quest, I sought to catch a Suicune so I could ship it over to Hoenn for a Ditto @_@ woooo

I caught the Suicune while using a Master Ball and off to Hoenn it went :)

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Started Emerald
Female character
Chose Mudkip, he is male impishn nature
Caught 4 Wurmple(for evo reasons I catch as many as needed, but with Wurmple, I'll need way more then 4 to get it right...)
2 Poochyena(2nt is my new 2nt team member)
2Whismur
1 Skloth
1 Shroomish
2 Taillow (2nt is my 3rd team member)
2 Lotad
1 Seedot
2 Nincada
2 Zigzagoon
3 Ralts
2 Abra
1 Skitty
Met Wally, feels horridly sorry for having to beat him in battle in this game
Challenged Roxanne, won with Mudkip, then decided not to evolve it, cause Mudkip is adorable. Marshtomp is...*derptimes*
Went to Dewford town, Caught Zubat, Geodude which is female...-weird- and Makuhita who will help me beat Brawly(after loseing a good 7 times)

Future Arceus

I hate my name
Years
My team ^_^
281.gif
278.gif
074.gif
183.gif
269.gif
256.gif

Today my team and I set out from Fallarbor Town. On the well beaten path of route 114 we marched, one step after another, finally stopping when my Wingull spotted a man from her lofty vantage point in the sky. Hoping it was a trainer, my team and I ran forwards, only to find it was an old man with a frightening
261.gif
that scared my poor Maril back into its pokeball with a mighty ROAARRR!!!​

The old man felt very bad and apologized profusely, even giving me his TM 05 Roar. I happily set out on my way once more and chanced upon a lonely fisherman. He was sooo down on his luck that he gave up the reel and rod and challenged me to a battle! However, his Barboach was no match for my Kirlia. Kirlia's confusion caused the Barboach to go after his own trainer. Thoroughly embarrassed, the fisherman gave me some traveling money to keep me quiet. I went on my way once again and crossed a very large bridge. However, my Combusken was too scared to cross the bridge and my whole team had to end up half carrying half shoving him across. I've just found several interesting berries that I hope will become an excellent meal for my pokemon. I'll cook them up as soon as- oh, geodude is trying to show me something. I'll write more later.​
-Future

Last edited:

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
So I've gotten pretty far. Met Steven. Trained in Granite Cave for a while. After beating Brawly, I was able to catch quite a few new Pokemon.
Went back to Granite Cave
3 Route 102 Wurmple evolved into Cascoon
1 Route 102 Wurmple evolved into Silcoon
Got the old rod....woo training on Magikarp till Poochyena can actually attack anything...
Went to Slateport, found Captian Stern, fought Aqua again.
Caught 2 Electrike, 2nt one will be part of my team
1 Plusle (female)
1 Minium (male)
2 Gulpin
Went to Mauville
Got the Item Finder
Got the bike
Battled poor Wally again then beat everyone in the Gym, training to beat the leader. Time to evolve Mudkip into...Mr. Derpyface
Headed back to Dewford Town
Went back to Granite Cave, Caught 3 Aron, 2nt one will be on my team
Caught 1 Sableye
Went back to Mauville
Went to route 117
Caught 1 Lllumise
Caught 1 Volbeat
Emeraldcard.png

Last edited:
Years
I started Fire Red Version so I'm posting my whole adventure here.

Jamie's current team: None

So one day I woke up and had a sudden urge for adventure. So I went outside and started to go to Route 1, but I was stopped by Professor Oak. I said hi and he told me to come to his lab for a second. I said okay and I followed him to the lab.

We were inside and I started daydreaming when he asked me to have a Pokemon. A Pokemon? For me? Of course! I chose the Pokemon Bulbasaur, while my rival picked the Pokemon Charmander.

So as me and my new Pokemon were walking out for some adventure, Gary wanted to battle. I accepted his challenge and entered our first battle!

Jamie's Current team: Bulbasaur Level 5

-To Be Continued

Jamie's current team: Bulbasaur Level 5

So I battle Gary all cocky, thinking I was gonna win, but no, I lost very badly. Bulbasaur was disappointed in himself, feeling sure he was going to beat that Gary.

After Gary left, Bulbasaur and I walked along Route 1 looking for some training, when we saw a guy in a Poke mart uniform. We said hello, and he greeted us with a free potion. We said thanks and were on our way.

And then when we were training, Bulbasaur leveled up to level 6. He let out a happy roar, elated that he leveled up. Then we saw a big city. It was huge! Bulbasaur and I started running for it.

Jamie's current team: Bulbasaur Level 6

As Bulbasaur and I enter Viridian City, we decide to take a rest at the Pokemon Center. After our quick rest, we went to the Poke mart to buy some Pokeballs.

The cashier notices me and Bulbasaur as we walk in. He asks us if we are from Pallet Town and we say yes. So the cashier asks me to do him a favor. He tells me to deliver our good friend professor oak his parcel. Anything for Professor Oak!

On our way back to the lab we train some more and Bulbasaur levels up and learns Leech Seed. Cool!

When we got to the lab, Professor Oak was happy to see us. He sees that Bulbasaur has grown more attached to me. We give him his parcel, and then Gary shows up. Bulbasaur and Gary's Charmander growl at each other.

Oak remembers that he had to give us something. He introduces us to the Pokedex. He explains that it gives you full info on Pokemon that you have caught. He gives each of us one. And to catch Pokemon you need the correct tool right? So Oak gives us five Pokeballs to start us off. Gary takes off first, heading to Daisy's house for a Town Map. Bulbasaur and I take off after him.

The adventure is on!

Jamie's current team: Bulbasaur Level 7

To Be Continued

Last edited:
Years

After we get our town map, we headed off to catch some Pokemon to accompany Bulbasaur and to battle with.

I walk into a patch of grass and a Pidgey appears. It looked tough, so I decided to catch it. I sent Bulbasaur in to weaken it, but it came close to defeating my Pokemon, so I threw my Pokeball and hoped for the best.

One, Two Three, *click.* Yes! I have caught a Pidgey!

I sent out my newly caught Pidgey and proceeded on to Viridian City. There we stopped at the Pokemon Center and then went to a strange forest called Viridian Forest. I'll leave it at that for now.

Pidgey Level 4

Pidgey Level 4

So Bulbasaur, Pidgey, and I walk (Pidgey flies haha) into the maze that is Viridian Forest. Bulbasaur seems to like it here. He lays down and rolls around in the grass. Me and Pidgey keep on going deeper in the forest, and Bulbasaur runs to catch up. I'm just gonna say that we totally beat up practically all the Caterpie and Weedle in the forest. We trained and trained and when we were done, we trained even more!

There was a kid standing by a tree, about nine years old. He told me about his friends who were just itching to battle. Sweet!

On the way we saw a Pikachu! I saw it on TV once. I heard it was strong! Of course I caught it, and trained it to be just as strong as Pidgey and Bulbasaur. Ooh, a trainer. I'll continue later.

Jamie's current team:
Bulbasaur Level 8
Pidgey Level 7
Pikachu Level 6

Last edited:

darkfighter

That random guy
Years
When I was 8 years old, I had the absolute worst time playing Pokemon Emerald.

You know the Team Magma hideout? The one underwater? I went through the whole place like nothing, but then when confronted with the final boudler puzzle, I was completley stuck. I remember literally trying for hours and hours, but for some reason, I could never solve it. Discouraged, I just decided to train my pokemon (Which was a team consisting of Ninjask, Mightyena, Tentacruel, Ludicolo, Flygon, and Blaziken). Only a few time, I would go back to the hideout and try again, but would fail utterly. It must have been several months, because my Blaziken was near to level 100 by the time I FINALLY figured out the puzzle, and from there I kicked @$$. My Blaziken got to level 100 while in Victory Cave, and ended up sweeping Wallace's team (despite being a Fire-type). For luls, I used my Mightyena against Sidney, Flygon against Drake, and Ludicolo against Wallace.

All in all, the hard work payed off, and it felt pretty good.

Years
Jamie's current team:
Bulbasaur level 8
Pidgey level 8
Pikachu level 7

The trainer that I saw was pathetic. All he had was a Caterpie and a Weedle, which got destroyed by my Pidgey. Pretty much all the trainers in the forest were like that. My team and I beat all the trainers. Maybe I'm ready to challenge this person named Brock that all the bug trainers were talking about beating.

Soon we make it to Pewter City. I let Pidgey fly up to locate the Pokemon Center. When she did, we went there and healed up. Who was this Brock everyone was talking about? After a while we started to leave, but a guy stopped and told us that Brock was looking for new challengers. We followed him to a building with a sign that said:

PEWTER CITY POKEMON GYM
LEADER: BROCK
THE ROCK-SOLID POKEMON TRAINER!

...and in we went!

Jamie's current team:
Bulbasaur level 10
Pidgey level 10
Pikachu level 9

-TO BE CONTINUED

Squirtle Is Life

Casual Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 21, 2012
it's not too important I guess. But, too me I was happy I came across a shiny zubat today ^_^ It's crazy because I've really wanted a shiny zubat for the shiny crobat I caught it in leaf green but I traded it to my pokemon emerald. Which is all on emulators I can trade on the vbas because they are vbalink I love it!

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
After training my Pokemon near level 30, I could finally beat Wattson and go to the next area
Mudkip level 31
Poochyena level 27
Taillow level 27
Ralts level 29
Electrike level 25
Aron level 29
Evolved Mudkip
Marshtomp nearly fainted Voltorb, but it self dectructed not taking very much of his hp anways. Marshtomp's take down fainted Electrike, and it's mud slap fainted Megnaton. Now the one i haven't gotten past before, Menetric. Mud slap was able to faint it, so I was finally able to beat Wattson and get the 3rd badge, the Dynamo badge, so I went to route 111 where I coulden't before. Went to route 112
Caught 2 Nummel
Went to Firey Path
Caught 1 Torkoal
1 Koffing
1 Grimer
2 Slugma
Went to route 113
Caught 2 Spinda
1 Skarmory
Went to Fallarbor Town
I wanted to try a contest but in Emerald they replaced the Contest hall with a Battle Tent <.<
Emeraldcard.png

Last edited:

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Went to route 114
Caught 2 Swablu
Caught 1 Seviper
Went to Metor Falls, Magma and Aqua ran away....
Met Professor Cosmo
Yay Cable car
Magma and Aqua are making their Poochyena headbutt each other? They don't seem to want to battle me. So I found 3 more magma grunts and an Aqua grunt. More Poochyena headbutting each other? How can everyone have a Poochyena, and don't they know different moves? What the heck. I found 2 grunts Magma to batle me. They have other Pokemon too. Not you know, Poochyena that's all the rage in this area. *headdesk* Aron leveled to level 33. Ralts leveled to level 30. Almost all my Pokemon are level 30 now. Just need them to 40 for the gym.
Beat Magma Admin. He had a Poochyena. There are 300 Pokemon now...they need to be taught about them.
Beat Maxie. He had a Mightyena. Taillow leveled to level 30.
Caught 2 Spoink
Someone gave me an egg, so I hatched it. Biking around, Whynaut hatched.
Aron evolved into Lairon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back