• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Face Off

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Face Off is an American television game show that pits a group of prosthetic makeup artists against each other in various contests in which they are to create prostheses such as those found in science fiction and horror films. New episodes premiere every Tuesday night at 8PM CST on Syfy.

• Do you enjoy viewing this program? If so, what is your favorite challenge that has been done across the entirety of the show's three seasons?
  • Who do you expect/favor to win the current season (Season Three) of the current remaining contestants: Sarah, Roy, Laura, Nicole, Derek and Alana
  • Of the contestants listed above, what do you like and dislike most of the material they've showcased thus far?
Discuss!

Honest

Hi!
Years
I haven't seen much except for commercials hyping up the show. I must say, it's pretty insane looking. I might watch it some day, just to see how they make all the costumes and such.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I haven't seen much except for commercials hyping up the show. I must say, it's pretty insane looking. I might watch it some day, just to see how they make all the costumes and such.
It's boring at first - I admit it. However, you'll soon be anticipating the end of every challenge when they do Last Looks and then they showcase what they've created. It gets really nailbiting, and seeing the judges judge the prostheses is quite interesting. It's absolutely worth a chance, if you choose to give it one.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
A few weeks ago I saw two episodes of this show, because I was being incredibly lazy and I had the TV on and I was in bed and lets just say it was interesting! I missed the first half of the first episode because, well, I didn't care for it but... the outlandishness of the designs caught my attention. There was this model who looked like an ostrich... but the sort of ostrich that exists only in quarantine zones in mutant chambers in Area 51. I just tried to find out what episode it was and it turns out it was only episode one of the first season, oops. Regardless, I got interested and I came to like the show! It's not as catty as Project Runway, but still, it's entertaining enough.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
A few weeks ago I saw two episodes of this show, because I was being incredibly lazy and I had the TV on and I was in bed and lets just say it was interesting! I missed the first half of the first episode because, well, I didn't care for it but... the outlandishness of the designs caught my attention. There was this model who looked like an ostrich... but the sort of ostrich that exists only in quarantine zones in mutant chambers in Area 51. I just tried to find out what episode it was and it turns out it was only episode one of the first season, oops. Regardless, I got interested and I came to like the show! It's not as catty as Project Runway, but still, it's entertaining enough.
Ahaha, I remember that episode. It escapes me now who was the creator of that prostheses, though. 'Outlandish' is most definitely the best adjective to describe the show, especially with things such as in the Alice in Wonderland episode three weeks ago. The designs were of characters in Alice in Wonderland as virus-infected zombies. A recap can be found here. Laura's prostheses was the best one in my opinion. It's just so... demented looking, and considering The Mad Hatter was my favorite AiW character, she really took him for a peculiar spin that does him justice. Too bad she didn't win that challenge. :<

Back