• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
then how will we get gen 6 sprites?
You know what? Don't ask other people for your resources. I may sound rude but when I imagine your question it sounds rude to me. Don't ask other people for resources. Especially in Chaos Rush's thread. If you don't find one, make one, that's just how it goes. Seriously, how would you learn if you don't stand up to yourself?

Years
I need sprites for Bouffalant, Ferrothorn an Ganvantula. ;_;
May I ask what tools you use and methods you proceed into to make a well looking sprite?
Anyway, you can find some 5th Gen sprites you miss in this thread: click here for link. I guess if you contact the OP he won't refuse.
It has these sprites:
Ferroseed
Tynamo, Eelektrik and Eelektross
Elgyem and Beheeyem
Litwick, Lampent and Chandelure
Axew, Fraxure and Haxorus
Cubchoo
Shellmet and Accelgor
Mienfo and Mienshao
Golett
Pawniard
Rufflet and Braviary
Vullaby and Mandibuzz
Heatmor
Durant
Deino, Zweilous and Hydreigon
Larvesta and Volcarona
Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion
Reshiram (normal forme)
Zekrom (normale forme)
Keldeo (normale forme)
Meloetta's Aria and Pirouette forme
Genesect (all formes)

Years
Everyone should stay on topic in this thread. It's a showcase first of all, and there shouldn't be any discussion of inserting for ROM hacks, or any requests. Comment and critique.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
649_zpsef8744c6.png

The reason why the backsprite looks a little different from the B/W one is because I anatomically based it off what you see in Pokedex 3D Pro when you look at it from behind.

then how will we get gen 6 sprites?
I'm afraid that's your problem, not mine.

I need sprites for Bouffalant, Ferrothorn an Ganvantula. ;_;
Sorry dude but I don't care what you need. They'll get done when they get done.

May I ask what tools you use and methods you proceed into to make a well looking sprite?
Plain old Microsoft Paint. Also I look at their official Sugimori art and Pokedex 3D Pro to get details correct.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
649_zpsef8744c6.png

The reason why the backsprite looks a little different from the B/W one is because I anatomically based it off what you see in Pokedex 3D Pro when you look at it from behind.

I'm afraid that's your problem, not mine.

Sorry dude but I don't care what you need. They'll get done when they get done.

Plain old Microsoft Paint. Also I look at their official Sugimori art and Pokedex 3D Pro to get details correct.
Galvantula looks awesome and his backsprite's cool. Why don't you base off the others you're gonna make with the one's in Pokedex 3D Pro.

BTW Chaos Rush, can I use a set of your sprites but not use Emboar's Backsprite? I'll try to make a custom one because I tried it in-game and it looked like he was cut off because of the straight line. It was too obvious because I used a lighter color BG.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Wow, looks like progress has really picked up ever since Sawsbuck got finished (it looks great btw, reminds me of Stantler's sprite from gen 2). I saw your improved Magnezone as well and I must say it's a vast improvement, who'd have thought a more conforming colour would have made it look so much better. I remain a big fan of this project (as well as Jambo's) and I continue to wish you the best of luck for completing the remaining 3 first gens after this one.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2020
Chaos Rush!
I want see your hack rom! the screens are very nice, you are an artist!

and I wait new sprites from first gen!

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
Years
It's always good to pop back into this thread and see what's been added. Still loving the sprites, Chaos Rush! :)

I'm also really glad Joltik and Galvantula are done now too. Just sayin'~

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Just popping and checking this thread!

Is this dead? :(

No, this is not dead and it will be finished, we are all just still pretty busy. To prove this, here is my WIP sheet for the set of Gen III pokemon I am working on.

Originals on the left: Resizes on the right
74A94C1C-DEC8-49BA-9B45-D8AB929926AC_zpse98c2c46.png

As usual, feedback is appreciated! Just VM/PM with some criticism if you want.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Katatekid: what happened to Beautifly's eye? Was it deliberate? It looks better in your revised sprite, since the normal one make Beautifly look kinda gormless imo, I just wondered. Also, are these the only ones you have done so far or are there others that you don't want to show at this time? I like how you cleared up Linoone's eye too, the old version had it looking really blurry.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Katatekid: what happened to Beautifly's eye? Was it deliberate? It looks better in your revised sprite, since the normal one make Beautifly look kinda gormless imo, I just wondered. Also, are these the only ones you have done so far or are there others that you don't want to show at this time? I like how you cleared up Linoone's eye too, the old version had it looking really blurry.
Don't worry about any problems in karatekid's sprites, since I will be making changes to them should there be anything I don't like. (which I'm aloud to do, since I'm the project creator, and karatekid will still be credited anyways)

karatekid552

Years

Don't worry about any problems in karatekid's sprites, since I will be making changes to them should there be anything I don't like. (which I'm aloud to do, since I'm the project creator, and karatekid will still be credited anyways)

As I said when I posted it, that was my WIP sheet, so I wasn't completely done. It was just to show that progress is being made.

Chaos: Yup, that is our deal:p, I would still like to improve by getting feedback, but you are still the artist, so I really don't mind if you make them better. Also, I won't really be posting my sprites much since you don't have time to get to them right now, so when you need them, I will send you the sheet. Just shoot me a message.

The better I am = Less work for you:p​

Random-Man: I specifically asked for feedback in the form of VM and PM so as not to junk up this thread. If you want to see what I have done so far, just communicate with me in such fashion.

Years
Very nice sprites. I like them all, great work. I have a question though. If I want to add the sprites to my ROM Hack, all I have to do is index, and insert correct. Okay, I think I am right, next thing is, how do I add a back sprite of a Pokemon in FireRed. O.o Is there a specific location it is located at in unlzGBA or what. O.o

karatekid552

Years
Very nice sprites. I like them all, great work. I have a question though. If I want to add the sprites to my ROM Hack, all I have to do is index, and insert correct. Okay, I think I am right, next thing is, how do I add a back sprite of a Pokemon in FireRed. O.o Is there a specific location it is located at in unlzGBA or what. O.o

Use Wichu's Advanced Series. Super easy, no indexing needed.

Years
@Uzumaki, use Wichu's Advanced Series to insert them, don't index them! unlz-gba isn't really cool for inserting Pokémon sprites but Pokémon's front and back sprites should be locared around 664, just go to like 700 or 900 and you'll certainly be in the middle of them.

EDIT: BS, ninja'd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back