• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eevee as a starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I would absolutely LOVE eevee as a starter....I mean come on it is so cute and it has so many evolutions to choose from! I would choose Espeon though...but should they make eevee a starter IYO? I think they should definitely!!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Online now
Well, it might not be possible to have eevee as a starter since he isn't a starter... But, it would be cool to have one! I would like Jolteon or Umbreon!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Thank you guys...it would be unlikely to happen but hey you never know!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
I don't know what everyone likes about Eevee. You do realize that there won't be any evolution stones in the beginning of the game, so you'll be stuck with a weak Normal Pokemon as your starter. And I'm pretty sure the game would do something so you don't get Espeon or Umbreon too early.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
WHAT? Eevee is not weak!!! And eevee can do anything it wanted to do....as in have all the strength in the world or just normally try and beat the other pokemon..

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
but hey you never know!
Uhhhhh...you do know.

Eevee would only work if it was the only pkmn given (so there'd be no 'choice') and if the game randomly generated what it evolved into via an event or the such (or like what stone you get is random). Otherwise, the player has too much control over the pkmn if s/he knows the game and what types would help his or her party...besides, not every player wants a cutesy pkmn.

@post above-...wow.
@2 posts above-good point...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Well...I am still sticking to u never know...hey ur not a nintendo game maker lol
just saying...not being mean or anything...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Online now
Well, it could happen like Pokemon XD (I am not actually saying "XD").

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
Eevee can be a starter! Its a starter in pokemon coluseum and XD: gale of darkness. ;]

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
That is great I never knew that...well I will just keep rooting for eevee to be a starter...lol

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2009
Eevee as a starter? Better yet, Eevee as a wild Pokémon!

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I wouldn't hate the idea of Eevee being a starter, but I don't like it as much as the 3 starters with different types format that has been used since generation 1.
If Eevee was a starter it could probably encourage me to use all the Eevolutions, even the ones I don't particularly like.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Eevee would be pretty awesome as a starter but like Gummy said, there would be no evolution stones.
So it would be good if after you beat your rival sometime earlyish in the game, if he gave you an evolution stone. Or even from Prof Oaks assistants.

otaku-dono

Merkabah
Years
Eevee as a starter? Better yet, Eevee as a wild Pokémon!
Eevee is a wild Pokemon... See Trophy Garden.

But that is a bad idea, really. They have a nice flow going as is with the Grass/Fire/Water starters, why change it? Especially for something which has so many options at its disposal. And I daresay the Eeveelutions are a bit too deliberately overpowered, or more so than the starters.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
You guys are right...but hey just think of a cut little eevee travelling around and then later on evolving into something u really like!! ^_^

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2016
I think it would be a good idea if you get to choose which stone you would like to use on your eevee. Let's say eevee is the only starter to pick. But like you have charmander, squrtle, and bulbasaur, you replace them with stones. I think eevee would be a great starter that way. And wasn't eevee already a starter in gale of darkness if I'm not mistaken? and it worked out okay last time I played it. I evolved mine into an Umbreon I think. It was so long ago I can't remember

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
I don't mind Eevee being a starter excetp I'm going to have a to travel ALL the way to Sinnoh up to Snowpoint City to evolve mines...lol

Years
Oh lawd, as if having Eevee as a starter wasn't already overused in the realms of Pokémon fanfiction, now people want the little blighter in the games too. ._.;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back