• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

~Merilyn

Pokemon Misted Amethyst
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2014
Can sombody please help me with the warps int Colt Forest, I can't get into them, they just freeze the game. I've tried exiting the map, closing the emulator, reseting ect. Nothing works, do you have any new ideas? Aside from that I really enjoyed your hack, great job.
~ItsaLie

Years
That happens to me, too. :/

A fix is to save before leaving the forest, close your emulator, reload Sienna and exit the forest from the entrance, re-entering and going out. It works for me when I do that.

Yeah, you have to trek through the grass again. Ah well.

I think that might help. ^^

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
But I can't even get into the forest...

Change all the "leave the forest" to "leave the route". So it becomes:

A fix is to save before the forest, close your emulator, reload Sienna and exit the route, re-entering and going into the forest.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I've fixed that for beta two. I might release a 1.2 up to gym four though. Or just make it beta two. o3o

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2011
Un heroe genial ese estilo D/P/Pl me encanta. Aunque veo mucha grafica de RojoFuego, le has sabido dar un aspecto muy propio y la mayoria de azulejos que vi, me gustaron muchisimo.

A great hero that style D / P / Pl I love it. Although I see a lot graphical FireRed, you've succeeded in giving a very own and most of tile saw, I really enjoyed.

~Merilyn

Pokemon Misted Amethyst
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2014
Change all the "leave the forest" to "leave the route". So it becomes:

A fix is to save before the forest, close your emulator, reload Sienna and exit the route, re-entering and going into the forest.

It still doesn't work... I guess I'll just wait for Beta 1.2 or 2 (hoping for 1.2)
~ItsaLie

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
It still doesn't work... I guess I'll just wait for Beta 1.2 or 2 (hoping for 1.2)
~ItsaLie

Alternate method:
You can use A-Map to move the warps upwards, then
save the changes, and then move them
back to their original position. Remember to save
changes.
The warps will work afterwards. The same thing goes
to the forest's warps.

To Doctor: I know that I hacked your Hack
a little by doing this method, but that's
the only thing I could think of while I
was playing your Hack.

I hope you don't mind.

Logan

Years
I mind completely. That's out of order! I ROM locked it for a reason! I gave a perfectly viable solution for the warp fixes in the beta release notes. How about you use them instead of hacking through my ROM lock.

~Merilyn

Pokemon Misted Amethyst
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2014
Alternate method:
You can use A-Map to move the warps upwards, then
save the changes, and then move them
back to their original position. Remember to save
changes.
The warps will work afterwards. The same thing goes
to the forest's warps.

To Doctor: I know that I hacked your Hack
a little by doing this method, but that's
the only thing I could think of while I
was playing your Hack.

I hope you don't mind.

I get an error message when I try to load the Rom...

I mind completely. That's out of order! I ROM locked it for a reason! I gave a perfectly viable solution for the warp fixes in the beta release notes. How about you use them instead of hacking through my ROM lock.

The solution doesn't work, maybe there's something wrong with the Rom? I'll try repatching I guess.

Years
There's nothing wrong with the ROM. It's been ROM Locked, because Harry doesn't want people hacking his hack. Which is why he's annoyed at Sarcastic Prince.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
And I'm sure that Nintendo doesn't mind us rummaging through their hard work. Nope. Not at all.

Sorry but it's a little hypocritical to be offended when someone hacks the very thing that you created by hacking. I understand where you're coming from and I too would probably not want people looking through my work but sadly, there's not a whole lot we can do about it. Though if you really don't want people "unlocking" your ROM, why don't you try repointing the map data? That'll throw off all but the cleverest of hackers.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
I'm gonna wait for the upcoming release of the next beta, but I'm wondering has any fakemon been inserted yet?
Yes there are 5 fakemon inserted so far.
4 of them are in the 1'st public beta.
1 of them is in the newest beta being currently worked on.
*showed in haroun's gym battle vid*

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
I found a glitch. If you have been to Nile City and go back to the professor's lab it'll freeze.

Is that like in the below attachment? I experience a freeze whenever I moved on the left of the 3 tiles between the bookshelves in the lab. I was going to notify The Doctor of all the bugs I've found but I'm going to wait until I've compiled them all (ie. finished the beta). Its a very good hack. I'l give my full bug reprt/mini-review later once I've finished the beta.

Logan

Years
Are you sure you're playing 1.1? I'm pretty sure I fixed that. :( (Unless I fixed that for 1.2)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I commented before, but only with a bug. Chibi Robo, you've done excellent work on the sprites.

As for the warp issue, is it fixable? If SPs method worked, true he hacked into your ROM, but only to fix a little mistake. I wouldn't be peeved if his method worked, but a little frustrated that he did it without permission. That bug doesn't always get fixed with your method, and I'm sure that it is annoying. Bu I can see why you are annoyed... Bt if he fixed it, yay. But now he knows how to hack into the ROM... Ah well, just something to aim for Harry - making it impossible to hack by others!

Anyway, Sienna was good to play through, can't wait for the finished product, all that stuff. One thing I do want to see - more of Chibi Robo's sprites!

Back