• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Everybody say hello to our new co-owners--

!!!ShinyDoug!!! !!!R.K 9!!!

KsqnT.png

I haven't hunted at all today. o3o

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
I'm at 18000 something encounters with this event so far (Yes. I'm using 2 DS's with HeartGold and SoulSilver in each of them, and I recorded encounters for both games), but there's no shiny AT ALL. This is just frustrating. :(:'(:disappoin

Years
thanks. :)
awful news about the emulator shinies though... I find it totally ridiculous how people complain about them constantly. the shiny encounter rate is the same on every game, so I find it ridiculous that they're banned just because it can be sped up. it's not exactly cheating. oh well, doesn't mean I'm going to stop doing it. they count to me. I'll just not post them here seen as some people will overreact.
going back to my current task, 600 soft resets so far and no shiny starter just yet. I'm determined to keep going though. :D
I'm thinking for my next task I'll hunt for a pokeradar shiny for the first time. I've read plenty of guides and watched plenty of videos regarding chains, so I think I'm ready.

PinkPirate

Skitty's Girls League Owner
Years
So... all the fighting has made me sad. :(

Just an idea: What if we made a ROM department in the club? Have a person who knows their way around ROMs be an "Assistant to the Owners" and regulate for cheating.

People who want to hunt for shiny pokemon on a ROM could specify the ROM they are using and get approval for the hunt to be legitimized for the club's acknowledgement.

I know nothing about ROMs, so I don't know if this is a good idea or not.... just want everyone to get along.

On topic, I have started my new Masuda for a Petilil. It will be evolved asap into Lilligant.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Congrats to the new co-owners! I'm sure you guys will do an awesome job. ;)

Of course you can still post about it, R. K. 9, and we'll still be rooting for you to get a shiny. When we say "don't count," that means that they won't be entered into the Dex - you can still hunt them and we'll wish you the best of luck. It's just that the Dex is an attempt to get all the shinies on the actual games, and if we officially support piracy, people who don't have the games might start playing those instead, without actually buying them.

Of course, that's up to you guys now. ;)

I've been hunting Hitmonchan all day. The other hunt that I'm counting is Dratini, and I'm up to 432 now.

Years
So... all the fighting has made me sad. :(

Just an idea: What if we made a ROM department in the club? Have a person who knows their way around ROMs be an "Assistant to the Owners" and regulate for cheating.

People who want to hunt for shiny pokemon on a ROM could specify the ROM they are using and get approval for the hunt to be legitimized for the club's acknowledgement.

I know nothing about ROMs, so I don't know if this is a good idea or not.... just want everyone to get along.

On topic, I have started my new Masuda for a Petilil. It will be evolved asap into Lilligant.
I think that's quite fair, although I still feel that if we were to create a whole new shinydex just to display emulator shinies then it may be a little bit of a waste of time seen as hardly any people use emulators to hunt shinies. (there's me, lando, and possibly a couple others)
I think everyone's getting along as it is. we're not throwing insults at each other so it's fine. :D and good luck with your petilil!

Congrats to the new co-owners! I'm sure you guys will do an awesome job.

Of course you can still post about it, R. K. 9, and we'll still be rooting for you to get a shiny. When we say "don't count," that means that they won't be entered into the Dex - you can still hunt them and we'll wish you the best of luck. It's just that the Dex is an attempt to get all the shinies on the actual games, and if we officially support piracy, people who don't have the games might start playing those instead, without actually buying them.

Of course, that's up to you guys now.

I've been hunting Hitmonchan all day. The other hunt that I'm counting is Dratini, and I'm up to 432 now.
that justifies it more then I guess... I suppose that's fair enough then. I always have my sig to display my latest shinies anyways. :) good luck with your dratini & hitmonchan!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
And welcome to our final new co-owner...

!!!TwilightBlade!!!
KsqnT.png

I think I am going to play though HG/SS far enough to get the Goldenrod so I can SR for Abra in there on both my DS's and on my Leaf Green on my SP. I'm gonna get you. >:3

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the promotion, Latios Master! I was looking through the old SHC club and ohhh boy you've been here since 2004! Overdue promotion, huh?

Thanks! Congrats on your promotion to co-owner too!

Congrats to the other two new co-owners as well, ShinyDoug and R.K 9!

Congrats on the shiny Chikorita, ShinyDoug!

Congrats on the shiny Lapras, PinkPirate!

I started MMing for a Scyther.

Years
I just looked at the Shiny Dex and my name wasnt beside Lillipup. D:

Oh.... and is the Random Route Challenge over? Im just confused with all the new shinies getting obtained.

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
My shiny Blitzle/Zebstrika and Ducklett/Swanna aren't in the shiny Pokedex.

My White version apparantly doesn't like me and decided to corrupt itself. So, I had to restart my game. Again.
I'll still be hunting for shines when I'm done with the main story, though.
Good luck, everyone! :)

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I have a shiny Tangela in my Crystal. The only 1 in 8000-something chance that I ever encountered on a legitimate game. I'm worried about the battery dying (even though it stayed alive after almost 10 years) so is there any safe way to preserve my precious?

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I have a shiny Tangela in my Crystal. The only 1 in 8000-something chance that I ever encountered on a legitimate game. I'm worried about the battery dying (even though it stayed alive after almost 10 years) so is there any safe way to preserve my precious?

I believe you may have to trade it to a gba game (such as firered or ruby) and then migrate it to D/P/Pt Pal park and re-catch it.

marcc5m

what
Years

Unfortunately...there isn't. Well, unless you buy another and you can trade it.

Okay so I'm at 240 Swablu now. I decided to start another hunt in addition, and I'm now soft-resetting for shiny Abra. Currently at 850.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
For the contest, I'm at 800 encounters. Sad, right? When I saw someone had 18,000 I'm like :O bahaha I seriously wonder how some people get so many encounters...

I believe you may have to trade it to a gba game (such as firered or ruby) and then migrate it to D/P/Pt Pal park and re-catch it.
Crystal isn't compatible with GBA games.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Dude, did you take that with a potato?

Yes, yes I did. I don't have a camera, but I found this cool potato the other day. I put butter on and took a few bites out of it, but then I saw that it had a camera feature! Unfortunately I had eaten part of the camera receptor, so that's why the picture came out so blurry. :cer_laugh:

I'm bored but don't know what to hunt for. I want it to be EPIC! Suggestions?

I find quests to be epic - try going for a set, like all Pokemon of a certain type, all starters, all legendaries, all green Pokemon, or something like that.

Welcome to the club! If you have another 2nd or 1st gen game, you can trade it over. It won't appear shiny if you trade it to R/B/Y, but it will still have the same data values so that if you ever trade it to another 2nd gen game, it will be shiny again.

For the contest, I'm at 800 encounters. Sad, right? When I saw someone had 18,000 I'm like :O bahaha I seriously wonder how some people get so many encounters...

I guess it depends on what you're hunting. When I was hunting Treecko, I could do nearly 2000 encounters per day. But with Palkia, I'm lucky if I get to 200. 3rd gen games are typically much faster to hunt on - the 4th and 5th gen title screens are frustratingly slow!

Back