• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the News will be on the 8th of January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Well I don't know.. a new gen seems early imo. I think it's a remake of some sort. I don't think it's a Gen VI announcement.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well I don't know.. a new gen seems early imo. I think it's a remake of some sort. I don't think it's a Gen VI announcement.
It'll seem kind of strange if it is remakes though as they haven't made a game in a system diffrent than that of the original duo (or in this generation's case duos).

Years
From what this rumor tells me, it's basically following Ash and Pikachu. It may not be the characters themselves but it seems very similar, except without Unova.

Personally I won't believe this rumor unless GameFreak and Nintendo confirm such a thing is true tomorrow.

I still think we're getting Gen 6 or RSE Remakes, and judging from the source codes it looks like the new games will be for the original NDS going all the way up to the 3DS.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
If it IS a new game, you think they'll release it for the DS or they'll start making games for the 3DS?

I think they might release it for the 3DS, if they do, I'll have to buy a 3DS then ><

Years
The rainbow thing is fake...gotta be
The pokemon wouldnt have english translated names yet
Verbil? Correct me if im wrong but in the japanese syllabary( hope thats correct spelling)
The english l is actually an r. ( this isnt a joke either)
And words are actually combinations of syllables
so you would have ver-bir ( vehr- beer) because their e's sound out eh and their i's sound out eee
So what you are left with is a combination of syllables that mean nothing
Correct me if im wrong but i think im pretty accurate

Years
Someone in Serebii mentioned that perhaps the 3DS game will not be compatible with the DS games as the 3DS mode can't connect with the DS mode games. Not sure if that's true but if so than perhaps gen 6 will become like Gen 3...leaving our old mons (well not really me as I began in generation 3) behind due to technical issues. If that's true than Gen III remake chances go up for Gen VI...and another set for RG and GS along with DP remakes later on...doesn't sound like a good thing.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
If it IS a new game, you think they'll release it for the DS or they'll start making games for the 3DS?

I think they might release it for the 3DS, if they do, I'll have to buy a 3DS then ><

Yeah, it's going to be a 3DS title. Gamefreak has delayed this enough, B2/W2 SHOULD have been on the 3DS and The 3ds has almost been out for 2 years now.

It's time for them to stop dragging their feet.

Someone in Serebii mentioned that perhaps the 3DS game will not be compatible with the DS games as the 3DS mode can't connect with the DS mode games. Not sure if that's true but if so than perhaps gen 6 will become like Gen 3...leaving our old mons (well not really me as I began in generation 3) behind due to technical issues. If that's true than Gen III remake chances go up for Gen VI...and another set for RG and GS along with DP remakes later on...doesn't sound like a good thing.

I highly doubt that is true. People get really attached to their Pokémon ( I know I am to mine) there is no way Gamefreak would leave out a way to transfer DS pokemon to the 3DS.

Last edited:
Years
I usually use the 3DS with my White and White 2 to transfer over Pokemon from my older Games and to battle and trade over Wi-Fi. You can definitly connect the DS and 3DS systems. There won't be any techincal issues like what we had before for a long time if ever.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
With the technology they currently have, I don't think they'll be letting our old Pokemon to rot in the older games.

Years
Yeah, it's going to be a 3DS title. Gamefreak has delayed this enough, B2/W2 SHOULD have been on the 3DS and The 3ds has almost been out for 2 years now.

It's time for them to stop dragging their feet.

I highly doubt that is true. People get really attached to their Pokémon ( I know I am to mine) there is no way Gamefreak would leave out a way to transfer DS pokemon to the 3DS.

If it is true. Its a simple fix.
The dream world maintenance that took place with bw2s release was setting up for new gen transfer.
Placing them in with ds. Remove them with 3ds. Boom
Sounds a little exhausting but really if you can do up to 6 or so at a time its actually more convenient than trading

Oops didnt read emralds comment.
Well the way its looking. Im going to game stop this weekend
To get a 3ds...
Might as well prepare ahead

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
I am aware that the 3DS and DS is already compatible for trades with current games. I thought what he meant was the new game wouldn't be compatable with the old DS games, not the hardware itself.

Which is why I said I highly doubt they would do that, it just wouldn't make any sense and would just make current fans angry. If they did that it would mean they PURPOSELY designed it like that.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I doubt it. Gamefreak can use a Dream Radar approach to let the new games connect to the old.

In fact, I believe Dream Radar is some sort of "beta test" for the Gen 6 games.

Or maybe the games can use IR. The 3DS has an IR port, and so do the Gen V games (on the cart itself). Maybe they can come out with some IR connectivity and sync it over?

Years
I doubt it. Gamefreak can use a Dream Radar approach to let the new games connect to the old.

In fact, I believe Dream Radar is some sort of "beta test" for the Gen 6 games.

Or maybe the games can use IR. The 3DS has an IR port, and so do the Gen V games (on the cart itself). Maybe they can come out with some IR connectivity and sync it over?
I sure hope so. I don't know much about the whole code thing and all of the devices, just quoting what someone brought up in another thread.
I like the DW thing, much better than the whole two DS' needed thing of Generation IV. Maybe we can even have two way connectivity this time in other words be able to send our pokemon back into gen V if we want.

Last edited:
Years
The 3DS has the Download Play option, same as the DS models and it can connect with both 3DS's and normal DS systems. Basically, transferring Pokemon to any 6th Gen games that come will be similar to transferring Pokemon from Gen 4 to Gen 5.

Atleast that's how i'm seeing things right now. I don't know if the 3DS XL has a similar function

I see doing a Dream World trade would be too much work, not to mention you only get an hour in the Dream World currently.

I'll stick with the two Console system transfer theme for now.

Last edited:

franko94

Master Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
If I was in charge I would have held off on the remakes of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald to Gen VI as well. The 3DS is a much better console hardware wise and it can do a lot more than the DS can. Also, I read on Serebii Forums that there is a possibility of a lack of compatibility between Gens III, IV, and V and Gen VI based on how the 3DS works. To solve this problem, I foresee the remakes of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald being set further ahead in time and having Kanto/Johto in it to allow all four previous generations of Pokemon being caught. This will be a true "remake" as opposed to a "reversion" like FR/LG and HG/SS were. This is because the game will have a different story to allow the three regions to work, yet the concepts of the original will be the same. Over leveling would be avoided by limiting the levels of each region by setting trainer levels lower and the Sevii Islands would be retained as post game events with a wider story. This is possible because the 3DS game cards can hold far more data than a DS game card. Finally, the issue of transport between the regions, Emerald illustrated that the regions had islands in common as they shared Eight and Nine Islands where Lugia/Ho-Oh and Deoxys could be caught respectively. The S.S, Anne could be used to transport people between regions. I know that I am going to receive criticism for this, but I feel it could work with the proper execution.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
The 3DS has the Download Play option, same as the DS models and it can connect with both 3DS's and normal DS systems. Basically, transferring Pokemon to any 6th Gen games that come will be similar to transferring Pokemon from Gen 4 to Gen 5.

Atleast that's how i'm seeing things right now. I don't know if the 3DS XL has a similar function.

The 3DS XL is just an enlarged 3DS with better battery life - so yes.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The people at My Nintendo News like the Pokemon Rainbow rumor, and here's one of the comments in response to those who oppose the rumor:

"Well black 2 and white 2 just came out basically, so why would you make it so that it would stop selling. To me it makes perfect sense. Its so they don't kill of black and white 2 sales. While still mkaking EVEN more money with this game. I hope its real. I believe it 80%"

Here's the link to the article: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/0...on-wii-u-application-being-revealed-tomorrow/

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
But don't you think Gen VI is a bit too early? They just released another Gen V game =/

Well, if you consider the anime, a release of these games sometime later this year isn't too farfetched. The Unova League is in its final stages and afterward we're going to be in a saga called Episode N that focuses on...N. Unless we're getting those Gen III remakes, I can't possibly see where else they could take the current saga after Episode N is finished.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think it would be kinda strange if (I assume the anime is still in Best Wishes series) when the Genesect movie comes out in July 2013 (yes, I've confirmed movie release month from official site), the Gen VI games come out in March 2013 (I assume it is the closest release date). So I think RSE remakes are the possibilities here.

Last edited:
Years
I think it would be kinda strange if (I assume the anime is still in Best Wishes series) when the Genesect movie comes out in July 2013, the Gen VI games come out in March 2013 (I assume it is the closest release date). So I think RSE remakes are the possibilities here.

The Gen 6 games would most likely be out around September or October, it's the norm for new Generation games. While an RSE Remake might possibly be out by the end of 2014 or the start of 2015.

If this Gen 5.5 game comes out, we won't get Gen 6 until sometime next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back