• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
I know my rule on the subject is a little unorthodox, but you have to keep in mind that before I took over, there was no trading or hacking AT ALL unless you met the no Pokemon before 3rd gym rule. The way I see it, if you're limited to one type, you should be free to use every Pokemon of that type within the dex. The reason that I want you to trade it specifically, is because it means you would be using one naturally generated, and one that definitely matches your team's level, since you can only trade it in if it doesn't exceed the level your team is at. You are using a Pokemon from that version exclusive. I simply wanted to add a way to make all Pokemon available without ruining the integrity of the challenge, which is an inherently strict challenge to begin with.

I understand your reasoning now, thanks for the explanation. I won't be using it, but its a good rule to have around :)

Pikayosh

Epic Pikachu
Years
UserName:pikachu
Type:Grass
Challenge:ultimate
game(s):platinum
Pokemon:Torterra,Tropius,Abomasnow,Roserade,Tangrowth
Also can someone tell me what's the difference between single and ultimate

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Yay, training for my new team members is done, almost. Overall, in terms of stats and moves, my team is average. One thing I want to point out is, if you catch a Vulpix, prepare for a long training session, because Vulpix is in the slow exp. group. It seemed to take forever to train Pixxy from Lvl.15 to Lvl.20. Although it did take a little training, Pixxy defeated all train on Route 11(route east of Vermillion, in case any of you are wondering.). As soon as Pixxy reached Lvl.25(level of FlameNFame), then IN trained the both of them against remaining trainers left. Wow, I spent a solid 3 hours just training the both of them. When I grinded the both of them to usable levels, I went to battle Erika. I went and bought 2 fire stones, one for Pixxy, the other for FlameNFame, which I immediatly evolved into Flareon. Oh, I forgot to mention I obtained Fly, which I taught to spearow(HM slave). That is how I easily trained up at route 11. Anyway, Celadon gym wasn't hard, just plain annoying. Why, if I have fire types? Because in gen 1, wrap actually wouldn't allow you to attack for up to 5 turns. The grass types also exploited status moves, so they'd poison my pokemon and then use wrap on the following turn. Before facing Erika, I bought 3 super potions(stupid wrap/bind), antidotes(poisonpowder), paralyze heals(didn't know if Erika's pokemon knew stun spore), and awakings(sleeppowder). Overall, the battle was mostly Erika's pokemon using status moves/wrap/bind, and vileplume actually tried using Petal Dance. What an idiot. Anyway, FlameNFame swept the gym, even though it didn't learn ember until defeating Victrebel. Using only 1 super potion(wrap can be so annoying) and 2 antidotes, FlameNFame make some fried celery out of Erika. :) 4 badges down, 4 to go. That is where I saved and decided to type this. Oh, and another thing I didn't mention is that IS won't evolve Pixxy until it learns flamethrower and fire spin, which is like Lvl.43 or something like that. How am I doing in my fire monotype? Current party is: Slendy the Charizard(needs a new nickname) Lvl.40 with: Scratch, Mega Punch, Ember, and Slash; Pixxy the Vulpix Lvl.31 with: Ember, Confuse Ray, Dig, and Quick Attack; and FlameNFame the Flareon Lvl.31 with: Tackle, Sand-Attack(I'll be very glad to get rid of you), Quick Attack, and Ember. As always, any moveset suggestions are welcome, and before I finish this, I want to ask NecrumWarrior a question: When I beat Blue/Gary(rival's name) while he'w champion, am I allowed to extend my run to update a battle against Mewtwo? Been thinking about it while doing this run and decided to ask. Thanks to anyone who has been following this run, because I am pleased with my progress, and thanks to anyone who has helped with moveset suggestions, and thanks to NecrumWarrior for having this thread up, and good luck to anyone else attempting this challenge, and later, I'll have update #6. Forgot to say this was update #5, and I am capable of beating this game right now, but I am trying to enjoying myself as much as I can with this challenge. See you guys(and girls) later. :)

UserName:pikachu
Type:Grass
Challenge:ultimate
game(s):platinum
Pokemon:Torterra,Tropius,Abomasnow,Roserade,Tangrowth
Also can someone tell me what's the difference between single and ultimate

The difference: A single is where you go through one game with a type and ultimate is where you play a game for all five regions. Example: I'm doing a ultimate fire monotype playing the games Blue(kanto), Crystal(johto), Emerald(Hoenn), Platinum(sinnoh), and Black 2(Unova). You can ask the more experienced people here because Iny joined yesterday, but hopefully I cleared things up for you. Good luck. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Water Monotype Challenge - Update 2
FireRed | Marko
50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png
50px-Thunder_Badge.png
50px-Rainbow_Badge.png
50px-Soul_Badge.png

I know that this is so soon after my last update but a lot of things happened! First was the battle against Lt. Surge. To put it shortly, he was a pushover. The battle was far easier than I thought it was going to be. So after his defeat I made my way through Rock Tunnel and eventually into Celadon. During that time Peaches evolved into Blastoise! I opted out on Eevee because I will not be using Vaporeon (I've used Vaporeon before) so after defeating Team Rocket I went and fought Erika. Parahax was a pain in the butt and a bit bump in the road to defeating her, but I was still the victor. Went to Lavender Town and did the Pokemon Tower stuff, easily defeating my rival yadda yadda. Then went down to Fuchsia by the water route (after defeating the Snorlax of course), and after going into the Safari Zone for Surf HM and the Gold Teeth defeated Koga. That was also quite easy.

Now, after I defeated Koga it was finally time to go and get more members of my team. First I went to the Seaform Islands and first caught a Seel. However, while I was trying to work my way through I found a Dewgong so I decided to catch that one and use it on my team. I named him Frank. After going through the island I was at Cinnabar Island when I then revived my Helix Fossil into Neptune the Omanyte. Finally, I went and caught a decent level Tentacool and named him Poseidon. Now I'm currently trying to grind the three of them so they are at least level 40 or so before going to Saffron and doing everything there. This would be far easier if certain Pokemon didn't get poisoned every battle that involved a Poison Pokemon but what can you do. That said I haven't really messed with their movesets yet. Just trying to get 'em up there before I do.

Spr_3f_009.png

Peaches (Wartortle) ♀ | Lonely | Level 45
Mega Punch, Surf, Bite, Rain Dance

Spr_3f_130.png

Percy (Gyarados) ♂ | Naughty | Level 45
Twister, Strength, Bite, Hydro Pump

Spr_3f_087.png

Frank (Dewgong) ♂ | Naive | Level 35
Sheer Cold, Icy Wind, Aurora Beam, Rest

Spr_3f_138.png

Neptune (Omanyte) ♂ | Serious | Level 23
Constrict, Withdraw, Bite, Water Gun

Spr_3f_072.png

Poseidon (Tentacool) ♂ | Quiet | Level 22
Poison Sting, Supersonic, Constrict, Acid

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
Username: SubVirus
Type: Poison
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Fire Red, Liquid Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2
Current: Fire Red. Just restarted.... again
I ended up having to start over because i misread one of the rules... so i chose to use the randomizer again and it landed on Poison. I'll be dropping my Dark run for the time being... but i'll probably pick it up again after Poison is done :)

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
The difference: A single is where you go through one game with a type and ultimate is where you play a game for all five regions. Example: I'm doing a ultimate fire monotype playing the games Blue(kanto), Crystal(johto), Emerald(Hoenn), Platinum(sinnoh), and Black 2(Unova). You can ask the more experienced people here because Iny joined yesterday, but hopefully I cleared things up for you. Good luck. :)
This is pretty accurate. It is of note that any single play through can be turned into an Ultimate if you want.

Years
Firos and Aerith succeeded in achieving level 30.
I then proceeded to Celadon City and fought Erika for the Fourth Badge.
After defeating her Aerith and Firos were both level 32.
I then proceeded to acquiring Tea from the old lady, and then I began my quest to stop Team Rocket and acquiring the Silph Scope.
The Battle with Giovonni was difficult for Aerith and Firos, Aerith Fainted, but Firos pulled through and I obtained the Silph Scope, with both of them at level 34.
I then proceeded to Lavender town to try and resolve the issue with ghosts!
I saved Mr Fuji from team rocket with Aerith and Firos at level 36. I then proceeded to fight both of the lumbering pokemon on Route 8 and slumbering in Celadon City.
After Fighting both Snorlaxs and obtaining HM 02 Fly, I then proceeded down Biker's Road, around down Route 8 and 9 while leveling up both Firos and Aerith.
I then defeated Koga with Aerith at level 45, Firos at level 46, and Swarley at level 49.
I replaced my HM Slaves with Nidoking which I evolved from a Nidoran I caught in the Safari Zone using Rare Candy.
I then continued to Saffron City to challenge Sabrina, issues arose as Team Rocket took Silph Co. hostage.
I saved the President of Silph Co and was rewarded with a Masterball!
I then went to challenge Sabrina, after my fight with her, Aerith was level 51, while Firos and Swarley remained level 50. Aerith Evolved into an Arcanine and I now had my group of friends to fight the Elite Four, I just had to gain enough strength to defeat them.
Next on this path to victory was Blaine on Cinnabar Island.
Upon arriving to Cinnibar Island I discovered the gym was closed, so I decided to journey into the Old Mansion in hopes of finding a way to get inside.
After scouring all over I discovered the Secret Key and gained access to Blaines Gym, this was sure to be a firey battle!
Aerith and I ended up defeating all of Blaines pokemon, my next stop was back at Viridian City to the recently returned Gym Leader, I wonder who it could be?
Upon arriving to Viridian City it was Giovanni! The leader of team rocket, a gym leader? I fought him and his followers bravely and won, I then pursed my path to the Elite Four, all 8 badges in hand!
But for now, the journey ends for the night.

Current Game-Pokemon Fire Red.
Team-Arcanine(Aerith)-54,Charizard(Swarley)-54, and Flareon(Firos)-54.
Badges-8/8
Total Progress, going to train my Pokemon to level 70, then go challenge the Elite Four.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Update #6, and damn did it take forever. After defeating Erika, I decided to kick Team Rocket outta Celadon City. For the most part, it was easy to defeat everyone. The only person I had trouble with was obviously Giovanni. Pixxy processed to sweep Giovanni, and defeated Onix and Rhyhorn with dig. However, Kangaskhan decided to be a ***** and use 4 critical hit comet punches in one turn, knocking Pixxy out. FlameNFame finished what Pixxy couldn't and avenged Pixxy's fainting. Receiving the Silph Scope upon defeating Giovanni, I decided to go straight to Pokemon Tower to investigate the mystery of the hauntings. I defeated Gary there, a nice sweep going on by Pixxy, until Wartortle the ***** came to save the day. Pixxy seemed to want to keep missing dig, and fainted again. >:( FlameNFame again finished the job for Pixxy and beat Gary. From there, my team and I proceeded to the top of Pokemon Tower, where Pixxy andFlameNFame kicked Rocket ass(problem Giovanni?). Decidedly, I took the long route to Fuchsia City, just for exp. points. Since my team almost reached Slendy's level, I decided to use him again. Yay, Slendy came back. :) During the training at Pokemon Tower, Pixxy actually learned flamethrower, which give him new potential. Overall, it took forever to reach Fuchsia City, and before I saved at Fuchsia City, I did something I won't regret: I taught Slendy Body Slam. :) How am I doing in my fire monotype? Current party is: Slendy the Charizard Lvl.42 with: Body Slam, Mega Punch, Ember, and Slash; Pixxy the Vulpix Lvl.39 with: Ember, Flamethrower, Dig, and Quick Attack; and FlameNFame the Flareon Lvl.40 with: Tackle, Bite, Quick Attack, Ember. Whew, tomorrow, I'll beat Koga, obtain Surf and Strength, beat Team Rocket out of Silph Co, and hopefully beat Sabrina as well. As always, any moveset suggestions are welcome, and good luck to anyone else attempting this challenge. See you tomorrow with a new update. :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
Update#1
Started the game and picked a Bulbasaur named Spaurz
Kicked my Rival's Flaming tale despite being a grass/poison.
*sigh* the first encounter in Viridian Forest is a Pikachu (if i weren't playing a monochallenge i'd have caught it AND used it)
Found a weedle female lvl 4 wewt -- now a party of 2 -- Beware my evil Poison Sting!
What?!? Female weedle is evolving at lvl 7! Yay Kakuna.
*sigh* another Pikachu that i can't use >.>;;
What?!? Female kakuna is evolving at lvl 10! yay BeeDrill :)
Finally leaving Viridian Forest with Beedril lvl 10 and Spaurz (Bulbasaur) lvl 11
Grinding to lvl 12~13 then challenging Brock.
BeeDrill's first poison sting poisoned Geodude who kept spamming defense curl and died of poison and fury attack.
Onix one shot my BeeDrill with Rock Tomb and then my Spaurz (Bulbasaur) one shot Onix with Vine whip.
The Bolderbadge is mine :)
Onwards!

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Electric Update #2: Gialla is finished

Here are the pics
Spoiler:

Electabuzz was definitely the best on my team, with Magneton being pretty close with it's high special stat.
I also plan on starting White 2 later, so you'll see an update tonight or tomorrow morning. :)

Years
#5 Update for Monobug - Sapphire

-defeated May
-done Mt. Pyre
-defeated Team Idro in its Hideout
-done Water Routes

124.gif
&
125.gif
: diffciulty 1/5
269.png
and
291.png
Silver Wind+Shadow Ball not hard besides their critical hits that killed my
269.png
3-4 times xD

-defeated Team Idro in the Seafloor Cavern
-defeated
382.png

140.gif
: difficulty 1/5
291.png
used 3 Swords-Dance then Baton Passed
269.png
and Silver Wind FTW xD

-done Vicotry Road
-defeated Wally

Sidney: difficulty 0/5
291.png
3 Swords-Dance and Aerial Ace

Phoebe: difficulty 0/5
291.png
2 Swords-Dance and Shadow Ball

Glacia: difficulty 0/5
291.png
2 Swords-Dance Baton Pass to
348.png
, Brick Break

Drake: difficulty 0/5
291.png
3 Swords-Dance, Baton Pass to
348.png
Ancient Power and Metal Claws

139.gif
: difficulty 0/5
291.png
vs
227.png
3 Swords-Dance Spikes and Toxic and Baton Pass 3-6
348.png
vs
227.png
Ancient Power 3-5
348.png
vs
346.png
Brick Break 3-4
348.png
vs
348.png
Brick Break 3-3
348.png
vs
344.png
Metal Claws 3-2
348.png
vs
376.png
Earthquake 3-1
348.png
vs
306.png
Brick Break 3-0

Final Team:
269f.gif
LV55
Hardy | Female | Shield Dust | Rapid Claws
Psybeam
Psychic
Silver Wind
Toxic

291.gif
LV57 MVP
Hasty | Female | Speed Boost | /////
Aerial Ace
Baton Pass
Shadow Ball
Swords-Dance

348.gif
LV59
Lax | Male | Battle Armor | Hard Stone
Earthquake
Brick Break
Ancient Power
Metal Claws

Steven and HoF Screenshots:

hAttO.jpg

KbhTh.jpg

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
Here's a short update.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge - Normal {LG, SS, E, Pt, W2}
Pokemon Emerald update #2
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Water Monotype Challenge - Update 3
FireRed | Marko
50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png
50px-Thunder_Badge.png
50px-Rainbow_Badge.png
50px-Soul_Badge.png
50px-Marsh_Badge.png

So during my last update I was busy grinding a few of my Pokemon. I also taught pretty much everyone Surf because who wants to wait for Hydro Pump or anything. During that time Poseidon evolved into a Tentacruel! Then I realized that my final member was at Silph Co. So I decided to simply take my team and while avoiding as many Rocket members as possible made my way to well... my rival first. As usual he was a piece of cake so after a quick victory I went and received Lapras. After naming him Tyson I went around facing all the Rockets for their experience and then took down Giovanni! During all of this Neptune had evolved into Omastar! So with six Water Pokemon at my disposable he was really easy. Then because I hate grinding gave Tyson all the rare candies I had bumping him from level 33 to 37 before going and grinding some more, using the mini-gym for a little training. Once everyone was at least level 43 or higher I finally went into Sabrina's gym to take her down! It had a few small bumps but it wasn't something we couldn't handle as victory became ours and we received the sixth badge. Now to Cinnabar island where I will probably try and grind a bit more before taking on Blaine. Little grinding here and there is better than massive grinding at the end, right? But my head is fuzzy and it's hard to look at my game for long periods of time so it might be a while. We'll see!

Spr_3f_009.png

Peaches (Blastoise) ♀ | Lonely | Level 46
Mega Punch, Surf, Bite, Rain Dance

Spr_3f_130.png

Percy (Gyarados) ♂ | Naughty | Level 46
Twister, Strength, Bite, Hydro Pump

Spr_3f_087.png

Frank (Dewgong) ♂ | Naive | Level 43
Sheer Cold, Take Down, Aurora Beam, Surf

Spr_3f_139.png

Neptune (Omastar) ♂ | Serious | Level 44
Surf, Bite, Mud Shot, Spike Cannon

Spr_3f_073.png

Poseidon (Tentacool) ♂ | Quiet | Level 43
Toxic, Surf, Bubblebeam, Barrier

Spr_3f_131.png

Tyson (Lapras) ♂ | Mild | Level 43
Surf, Body Slam, Ice Beam, Perish Song

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Alright, update #7 for me in Kanto, and everything is going smoothly. Arrival in a new city meant that I must take down the gym leader. In this case, it was Koga, master of poison types and a ninja. My team of overpowered fire types overwhelmed the ninja trainees. As for Koga, he put up a bit of a fight, but Pixxy easily swept his team with dig, and Weezing blew itself up with self-destruct, and it happened while using dig, so it missed, earning me the next gym badge. 5 down, 3 to go. Since I could learn surf now, I did the safari hunt stuff, ya no one cares. To cut to the chase, surf and strength were mine. During the safari hunt, I caught a krabby(HM slave) courtesy of super rod. I also taught Pixxy Toxic, so all I need to do is wait until Pixxy learns Fire Spin. With access to Cinnaber, I took the chance to catch my last two teammates. I easily caught Ponyta, nicknaming it Dash. Going to floor three, I ran into a Magmar with luck, caught it, nicknamed it Magma. With my last two teammates, I went to go grind them both on Cycle Road. I unlocked access to Saffron City to get Psychic for Magma. Magma and Dash have almost swept Cycle Road and that is where I'll leave off for now. How am I doing in my fire monotype? Current party is: Slendy the Charizard Lvl.44 with; Body Slam, Mega Punch, Ember, and Slash; Pixxy the Vulpix Lvl. 41 with: Ember, Flamethrower, Dig, and Toxic; FlameNFame the Flareon Lvl.41 with: Tackle, Bite, Ember, and Quick Attack;Dash the Ponyta Lvl. 37 with: Ember, Tail Whip, Stomp, and Double Team; and Magma the Magmar Lvl.36 with: Ember, Psychic, and Leer. Finally my team is finished, and for some reason they all know Ember(XD). Any moveset suggestions are always welcome, and as always, good luck to anyone attempting this challenge, and see you later with a new update while I grind Magma and Dash. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2015
I'm sorry if i haven't been updating, however I will promise I will update in the next few days for sure.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Update #8, and hopefully the second to last one in Kanto, and I have great news(for me anyways). I left off where I said that I was training Magma and Dash. Well, finished training there, thanks Psychic. :) Since I had access to Saffron City, I went to Saffron, and prepared to kick Rocket ass, again. Geez, these creepers don't learn. Magma and Dash did okay on their own until they caught up with the rest of my awesome team of fire types. While defeating Team Rocket, Dash evolved into a Rapidash. Also along the way, Pixxy learned Fire Spin, thus making me finally evolve Pixxy into Ninetails. Mwahahahaha, now I can abuse Toxic and Fire Spin at the same time. Anyway, Rival's defeated, Giovanni puts up a fairly good fight, but is no match for Pixxy. With permission to finally challenge Sabrina, I assembled my team of fire types and matched special attacks against physical attacks. FlameNFame did good defeating Sabrina whole team with Bite and Ember against Venomoth. 6 badges down, 2 to go. Because of my earlier crusade to Cinnaber, I immediatly flew there, did the secret key quest, battled every one of Blaine's thugs, and defeated Blaine using only Pixxy and Dig. I've grown real fond of Pixxy at this point. Teaching Fire Blast to Magma seemed like the right choice, amd indeed I've chosen right. The only thing bothering me about Fire Blast is its accuracy. Flying over to Viridian to battle the last secret gym leader, I discovered that it was Giovanni. Sending FlameNFame out against Giovanni, he didn't defeat the first Pokemon, and fainted. Gwwwaaahhhhh! Magma taught Giovanni not to mess with FlameNFame, with help from Slendy, and Giovanni was forced to give me the last gym badge and then went I to hiding, like the coward I knew he was. All the badges were in my possession, so what better thing to do then head on up to the Pokemon Leagie, home of the Elite 4. Then Gary wanted to battle again, thinking he'd beat me. Of course, my awesome power was too much for his team, even his Blastoise, who was 7 levels above Slendy, my highest level team member. However, that battle took teamwork to beat him, and he stormed off, saying I needed pratice, and yet he lost to me... what a pitiful shame. Tonight, I'll traverse the Victory Road, grinding everyone up to Lvl.55, then challenging the Elite 4 and champion. If I beat the Elite 4 and am not lazy, I'll include a battle against Mewtwo. Anyone know where to find the tms for reflect and light screen, because I'm too lazy to look up their locations(lol). How am I doing in my fire monotype?: Current party is: Slendy the Charizard Lvl.46 with: Body Slam, Mega Punch, Flamethrower(**** yeah!), and Slash; Pixxy the Ninetails Lvl.45 with: Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Dig, and Toxic; FlameNFame the Flareon Lvl.43 with: Tackle, Bite, Quick Attack, and Ember; Magma the Magmar Lvl.44 with: Fire Blast, Psychic, Psywave, and Confuse Ray; and Dash the Rapidash Lvl.43 with: Ember, Fire Spin, Stomp, and Double Team. Hopefully the Elite 4 won't be challenging, saved in front of Victory Road, and see you next time, good luck to anyone attempting this challenge. :)

Years
Userame: AoiFushigisou (in the game aoi)
Type: Grass
Challenge: Ultimate
Games: LeafGreen (fnished) - Gold (now playing) - Sapphire - Pearl - Black
Only before few minutes I beat rival in the champions league ^^ .... so I finished with Kanto region (after 17 hours and 45 minutes) .... And let`s go to Johto ^^
And here is my awesome team in hall of fame ^^
AFpgn5h4HquDQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Spoiler:

And last Kanto update ^^
Spoiler:

And my team ^^
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
#6 Update for Monobug - Platinum

-picked
390.png

-done beginning stuff
-caught the Naive Male
401.png
on Route 201
-grinding
401.png
to LV9
-met Looker and done Trainer's School
-
401.png
evolved into
402.png
inside Trainer School
-got Rapid Claws
-defeated Rival
-got Rock Smash and taught it to
402.png

129.gif
*Rock Smash ...
402.png
never got hit...luckily xD

-defeated Team Galactic
-got Honey
-caught the Bashful Female
214.png
on the Tree in Floaroma Town
-caught the Quiet Female
415.png
on the Tree in Floaroma Town
-it took sooo long(I was already here while I was playing White for the MonoGround xD, it took 5 days T_T)
-defeated Team Galactic
-done the Wood

130.gif
214.png
had Aerial Ace ... never being hit

-
415.png
evolved into
416.png
inside the Galactic Building
-defeated Team Galactic
-done Cycling Road
-got Earthquake and taught it to
214.png

-got VS. Seeker

131.gif
: difficulty 4/5
*got
214.png
burned by Will-o-Wisp defeated
355.png
in 2 hits,
93.png
in 1 Critical hit and
429.png
in 3 hit while healing

-defeated Rival
-got Defog
-bought Moomoo Milk

132.gif
: diffciulty 0/5
214.png
Aerial Ace

-defeated Team Galactic
-avoided trainers to grind
193.png
later
-caught the Mild Female
193.png
in the Great Marsh
-grinded
193.png

-
193.png
evolved into
469.png
on Route 214
-done every possible Route
-defeated those maids
-defeated Rival

133.gif
: diffciulty 0/5
469.png
Ancient Power on
130.png
214.png
Brick Break and Close Combat on the others

-defeated Cyrus and got Surf

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ultimate Water Monotype Challenge: Blue Version
Challenge Complete!

Well, it's been a long time coming, but I'm finally done. This took me longer than my Bug mono! So yeah, glad it's done. It was a lot of fun though once I got to where I had more than 2 Pokemon. Ultimately, this was a lot less challenging than I anticipated. When I used Bugs in Kanto I was constantly being challenges by walls, particularly Fire Pokemon. But In this one, Grass types rarely were a problem, and Electric types had a lot of non electric moves.

So, the E4 went about how I expected. Lorelei gave some resistance, but I didn't lose anyone. Bruno was a cake walk, because all my mons were special attackers for the most part. Agatha was fearsome, and spammed all the status conditions, making the fight EXTREMELY difficult. I had like 3 mons with Ice moves, so Lance went down easy. My Rival, was a lot more difficult than I thought he would be. By the time I finished fighting him, all that was left was my Gyarados! It was a crazy close battle.

I try not to make a habit out of naming MVPs, because I think all of my team helps, but Starmie was definitely an incredible Pokemon. So much type coverage on top of ridiculous Speed and Special. Definitely recommend it to anyone.

Well it's over now. Before I would announce a new mono for this game, but I need to slow down on the picking up challenges. So expect more updates from my other current monos soon!

Team:
Spr_1b_009.png

Shelly
Lvl 48
153/102/116/99/107
-Strength
-Skull Bash
-Surf
-Reflect

Spr_1b_130.png

Smaug
Lvl 48
171/154/105/107/126
-Double Edge
-Hydro Pump
-Fire Blast
-Thunder

Spr_1b_062.png

Hypnobelly
Lvl 47
159/101/104/81/88
-Submission
-Hypnosis
-Earthquake
-Body Slam

Spr_1b_121.png

Nigma
Lvl 49
145/106/104/150/135
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Psychic

Spr_1b_139.png

Cthulhu
Lvl 48
138/82/145/77/138
-Spike Cannon
-Withdraw
-Surf
-Blizzard

Spr_1b_087.png

Aurora
Lvl 47
153/91/89/84/106
-Surf
-Growl
-Aurora Beam
-Rest

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
I did it! I ****ing did it!

Type: Flying
Game: SoulSilver
Badges: 16

Okay, so I just beat Red's ass. I have no idea when my last update was, so I'm just gonna talk about the battle with Red.

I owe this victory all to Jumpluff. Such an awesome team member! Jumpluff, at level 65, eliminated his Pikachu, his Lapras and his Charizard, before I had to bring in anyone else. Sleep Powder, Substitute, Leech Seed and them fire them Seed Bombs away, until they're dead. Then Venusaur stepped in, and there was really no way to Leech Seed it. So I put it to sleep, which allowed Gyarados to set up three Dragon Dances before Venusaur woke up to the death of Ice Fang. I stuck with Gyarados for Snorlax, thinking I had enough attack boosts, but Venusaur had me dented pretty good, so it only took Snorlax one Blizzard to take down Gyarados. Having put a solid hole in Snorlax's defences, though, I sent out Togekiss for the final blow - an Aura Sphere. He then sent out Blastoise, and I figured I could just send in Jumpluff again. But then I ****ing missed Sleep Powder! That's why you're holding a Wide Lens, Jumpluff! You don't miss! **** it, I sent out Togekiss as bait while I revived Jumpluff. Jumpluff was back in the game, and missed again! i switched to Yanmega, revived Jumpluff, took a Blizzard to the face and sent Jumpluff back out, who - thankfully - didn't miss this time. The rest, as they say, is history.

Here's my final team:

Spoiler:

All in all, this was a great challenge, and it was actually my first complete playthrough of SoulSilver. My next Flying-type challenge will be in Emerald, but I might just complete my Emerald Bug monotype first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back