• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
Years
All i've learnt really is that usually if you put the move you wanna pass on 3rd in the list it passes better odds of being on the baby, if it doesn't help i'm sorry, i never had trouble with it

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
is there spot where u step somewhere and it sends you back.
im trying to do the daycare trick where u tape your ds so you move somewhere and it sends you back and it goes on and on

Seems better for simple questions, after seeing the replies. Anyway, after googling it, the answer seems to be no, but if it helps, my Lillipup managed to gain 39 levels while I went through all 8 badges. Maybe get a second game and keep replaying the main story up til the 8th badge? idk best advice I can give right now. XD

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Simple but frustrating problem: trying to pass stealth rock and spikes to a ferrothorn through breeding with a dwebble, but I can't get an egg. Level 29 male dwebble and level 52 female ferrothorn; should be compatabile, but am getting nadda. May there be anything I'm missing?
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Chain_breeding
Bulbapedia says Spikes can only be learned through Chain breeding, so you may want too look into this.

Nameless.

Does those wings (Clever wing, Genius Wings, etc) work just like the vitamins ?
Yes'ir!
However, they only give one Effort Point for the corresponding stat. You're better off with vitamins. xD;

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Can someone tell me where I might find the Effort Ribbon in these games?

I think the lady in the house North of the Pokemon Centre in Opulucid City gives it to you.

She keeps saying:

"Oh, your [Pokemon Name]...
next;
could try a little harder."

which is the typical behaviour of the Effort Ribbon NPC from prior games.

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
Where am I supposed to go to find the Team Plasma Grunts that Clay said escaped when the bridge lowered?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Cold Storage, a bit down from the Pokemon Centre. Go inside the first building on the left of your screen, swish around on the ice a bit, and there's an open, giant blue crate at the very top left-hand corner where they're literally "chilling."

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Can the Musharna that I captured in the Dreamyard can it not pass Telepathy down? It does have it as an ability I caught on the Friday Event thing.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Can the Musharna that I captured in the Dreamyard can it not pass Telepathy down? It does have it as an ability I caught on the Friday Event thing.

I think it can pass down the ability, I can't see why it wouldn't \:

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2014
Dunno if this question has been asked, but why is it that your own character is pixelized during battle? It annoys me, looks like red, blue and yellow all over again.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
i would say its because the camera is closer to the character. thats the only reason i can think of

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
It's because the sprite is drawn far away, and then they move it in so it gets pixelly.

They should've drawn it close-up; it wouldn't have gotten pixelly far-away then u.u'

Adam.

Knowledge isn't everything.
Years
I'm trying to breed a shiny Heatmor using Matsuda method but, I have a question:

If I use a Japanese Ditto and an Female UK Heatmor in Daycare, will I (eventually) get a Shiny Heatmor?

Nameless.

I'm trying to breed a shiny Heatmor using Matsuda method but, I have a question:

If I use a Japanese Ditto and an Female UK Heatmor in Daycare, will I (eventually) get a Shiny Heatmor?

As far as I know the Masuda method is still in effect in B&W.
A Japanese Ditto and UK Heatmor do count as two different regions, so yes, you will eventually get that shiny sooner than normal. :D

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I can be a little bit of a fail when it comes to shiny hunting so heres my question;

Is a Pokémon in an egg determined as a shiny when you recive it or when it hatches? I'm hatching Eevee's at the moment so it would be cool to know. :P

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
there any new breeding features?
like how the power items, ever stone, ect. affected breeding in the prev gen

also is there anything along those lines, that is no longer available?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I can be a little bit of a fail when it comes to shiny hunting so heres my question;

Is a Pokémon in an egg determined as a shiny when you recive it or when it hatches? I'm hatching Eevee's at the moment so it would be cool to know. :P

It is determined when your receive it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
there any new breeding features?
like how the power items, ever stone, ect. affected breeding in the prev gen

also is there anything along those lines, that is no longer available?
Breeding in B/W has kept the same features as previous games. The main new inclusion is with the Dream World abilities, and how those are passed on to offspring (only the mother can pass them down if bred with anything in it's egg group, and can't if bred with Ditto).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back