• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
[SIZE="a"]Looking for dubstep other than Skrillex. I know some dubstep besides Skrillex like Nero and Flux Pavillion but I want to expand my library.[/SIZE]

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm a fan of both British and American TV. I watch more American (mostly because there is so much more of it) but I love both. I must admit I'd never consciously seen the difference between the two as far as whether the shows focus on plot or character, but regardless I find I have an appreciation for both.

That's a bit of a fence-sitting answer, but whatever lol.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
That's kind of what I hate about a lot of American TV: its character-centric-ness. So many shows think they only need to throw in "quirky" characters and that will make a good show (or one that will sell anyway). I can't stand those kinds of characters because they so frequently do stupid things that no one with their personality/background/etc. would do.
... Have you seen British sitcoms?

Years

... Have you seen British sitcoms?
... Have you seen any American TV?

But I get your point. I still think there's more for me in non-American television, but then I don't watch a lot so I'm only see the top stuff (for me anyway) from either country.

Years
Anyone seen/read The Hunger Games? It's the new Harry Potter, the new Twilight, so we're all now expected to know about it now.

I'm scheduled to see it this weekend. Wish me luck.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2012
[SIZE="a"]Looking for dubstep other than Skrillex. I know some dubstep besides Skrillex like Nero and Flux Pavillion but I want to expand my library.[/SIZE]

Skream http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sOidFHmAGE
Benga http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c-BZ9c-sAY
The Widdler http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPlxFrFyo1Y
Rusko http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKKDDyLSw8o
Chase and Status http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPb1w7s7iUQ
Deadmau5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV8eiSA4vqc
Bassnectar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M-jOZRe0-8

I'm looking for some more Japanese rock and metal bands, preferably ones that sing entirely or mostly in Japanese. I already listen to Maximum the Hormone, X Japan, Abingdon Boys School, D'espairsRay, Dir En Grey, Girugamesh, Malice Mizer, Mantenrou Opera, Rentrer en Soi, and Versailles

Shining Raichu

Years
You won't need luck, it's amazing! I saw it during the week without having read the book and I was sucked in. The book is now the next one on my list to read after I've finished the book I'm reading now!

Despite what the media says, it's not the new Harry Potter or the new Twilight. It's something totally different again.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
You won't need luck, it's amazing! I saw it during the week without having read the book and I was sucked in. The book is now the next one on my list to read after I've finished the book I'm reading now!

Despite what the media says, it's not the new Harry Potter or the new Twilight. It's something totally different again.

The movie may be different to Twilight and Harry Potter, but the fanbase of The Hunger Games is exactly the same to the Twilight and Harry Potter fanbases, possibly all fanbases. I haven't even read the books or seen the movie and I'm starting to get sick of The Hunger Games already.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Does any one think this will be the big money making movie of the year?

I've heard this all week long. At the very least it will have The Dark Knight Rises to contend with

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
Does anyone know of some decent J-Core..? I have been interested in finding some since I sometimes like crazy Japanese happy-hardcore techno. (Like the style of Medely of Pokemon)

Hagumi

For a sick boy
Years
Does anyone know of some decent J-Core..? I have been interested in finding some since I sometimes like crazy Japanese happy-hardcore techno. (Like the style of Medely of Pokemon)

I don't know any J-Core artists that do Pokemon remixes but here's a few J-Core artists that mostly create original work and/or do Touhou Project remixes:

REDALiCE [1, 2, 3]
P*Light [1, 2, 3]
DJ SHIMAMURA [1, 2, 3]
MUZIK SERVANT [1, 2, 3]
Betwixt & Between [1, 2, 3]
DJ Laugh/RoughSketch [1, 2, 3]
DJ Technetium [1, 2, 3]

I've linked some 'darker' J-Core but most of it's happy hardcore and such.

Shining Raichu

Years

The movie may be different to Twilight and Harry Potter, but the fanbase of The Hunger Games is exactly the same to the Twilight and Harry Potter fanbases, possibly all fanbases. I haven't even read the books or seen the movie and I'm starting to get sick of The Hunger Games already.

If you have zero tolerance for hype then I think you'll find there will be a lot of things that bug you in your lifetime lol.

As for whether it will be the big money-maker, it's only March. I think it's way too soon to tell.

Years
I think everyone is getting their hopes up too high for this series. Gonna see the movie in a few hours so I'll have a better idea if it's going to hold up. I mean, HP had a really bad first movie, but only the 3rd movie was actually good so I'd be surprised if this first movie isn't that great and somehow the others were good.

Shining Raichu

Years
I'm not sure if you're just trying to be inflammatory or if I'm misunderstanding your post. Either way, using Harry Potter as an example of a bad movie franchise is kind of dumb lol.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I think everyone is getting their hopes up too high for this series. Gonna see the movie in a few hours so I'll have a better idea if it's going to hold up. I mean, HP had a really bad first movie, but only the 3rd movie was actually good so I'd be surprised if this first movie isn't that great and somehow the others were good.
The only one I'd say was really bad was HP5. But, I'd say the same for the book. It's my least favourite in both mediums.

But HP1&2 weren't bad. They were good. I don't think they've aged particularly well. They're more like Wizard of Oz than the original Star Wars. They were well-made, well-reviewed, popular, and game changers (first one anyway). But, at least for me, they don't lend themselves well to multiple viewings. Original Star Wars I can watch over and over though. HP3 does, and I hated that movie when it first came out because of how it differed from the book.

But, HP3 has probably aged the best. Yes, it's different than the book a bit, but it had some great pacing. It was engaging. The first two Potter movies (moreso the very first one) were very pedestrian in their adaptation and now kind of boring to sit through once you've seen it. But, still good films. And still worth seeing at least once.

Years
I'm not trying to be inflammatory this time. The 3rd HP movie is the only movie I would own and watch again. It's not a good movie if you never want to watch it again. Maybe that's just how I think of it because I'm pretty harsh about a lot of things, but that's what I do.

And HG was better than I thought it would be.

Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
There's a nice provocative title change! :D Although most people here know that I have no real opinion on the HP film franchise, having not seen any past the first.

In other news, I'll be off to the operaaaaaah in a few hours. First time for everything, even if it's over three hours long, in French and I have to watch it standing up. Oh well; it's about time this place got a little bit more 'cultured' as well as media-d. (That made more sense in my head.)

Glad to see that you all haven't killed yourselves in my absence! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Anyone seen/read The Hunger Games? It's the new Harry Potter, the new Twilight, so we're all now expected to know about it now.

I'm scheduled to see it this weekend. Wish me luck.
I read it and I saw a cam recording of the movie. Its film adaptation is much better than most of the Harry Potters (PoA, OotP, and DHpt1 being superior) and all of the Twilights (naturally), but fails in comparison to the book (like many adaptations). It's hard to tell what's really going on with Katiness throughout the movie if you haven't read the books. I feel they left out three major important plot points. Personally, I feel if you watch the film before reading the book, you're doing yourself a great injustice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back