• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hypochondria

Years
Pretty much. Anything small has got to be a huge problem, and it never is. I've always been like that, though. Just paranoid in general.

The worst part is when I think it's going to be a problem, so I go to the doctor, and then they don't find anything. And then I have to pay the doctor's bills. :(

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
I used too, & while I do get worried more than I should, the pain-killers have removed most of my worries.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Nope. Don't have any.

But even if I did I wouldn't... the mind is a powerful thing,and if you own up to something then you drastically decrease the odds of you getting well quicker.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Not really. I am rarely ever sick, and if something is wrong, I'll definitely let you know, cause I don't really complain about being sick unless it's really bad or painful. Like one time, I was so sick that standing made me queasy and I couldn't even get up to shower that whole day. It was AWFUL I was all greasy and nasty and even if I started to lay a certain way, I felt queasy. So bad omg.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Well, if you consider being paranoid then yes...I tend to worry about my health problems a lot. Especially during the winter months where I get sick the most.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
why was it that when i saw the title i knew it'd be you that made this thread

Anyway, no, I don't. I've got my fair share of them and if I obsessed or got paranoid or whatever about them then... yeah, I'd be an absolute wreck. Sad as it sounds, I've never honestly cared enough to be really all that bothered about my health problems unless they're serious - and even then, I don't care nearly as much as many people would (or, tbh, should).

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I used to constantly worry over medical stuff. Even as a kid, I always was convinced that there was something terribly wrong with me. I:

Now I don't really care that much. I'd rather live a shorter life and have fun with it than to be 90 and constantly at the doctor for no reason. I also no longer fear this kind of thing. If I end up all sickly and die? That stinks, yeah, but worrying won't help. (:

Years
Sometimes I get random bidy aches I can't explain but Im not a hypochondriac and dont worry about it. My sisters kind of are though and think every ache they get is an awful disease.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
No not really. I don't get sick often, and when I do, I just sleep it off. Now other peoples' health problems I obsess over. They're more important than me.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah but just because I want to make sure I am healthy. I think it is stupid that you basically have to be desperately demanding or lying that you feel ill for the UK healthcare system to do a simple blood or urine test to check your glucose levels and whatnot. IMO it should be annually mandatory.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Yeah I do. I hate going to doctors so every time I think I have something wrong with me I'll stress over it for months until I can will myself to believe that there's nothing wrong with me. I could very well have a terminal illness right now and not know it :P

(I don't, though. I'm fairly sure if anything I've worried about was serious I would know about it by now :P)

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Most definately. Thing is, I don't wanna end up with something serious and die because something wasn't done previously to prevent that happening. Really frightened of the unknown, so to say.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
Years
yeah i do a lot... especially ever since i got this blood clot, even the slightest pain worries me to death. :'/

Years
I'm kind of the oppose most of the time. If something feels off I'll just try to ignore it or sleep it off. I'm still alive, still haven't had that many illnesses, so I'm doing okay so far.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I have a fair few health problems so to some it might seem like I obsess over them but that's just a byproduct of chronic illnesses/ailments/pain/whatever. I actually don't think about it all too often and that's bad because it means I accidentally do things that aren't good for me (like having caffeine too late or getting worked up late at night and exacerbating my insomnia)... or other things will surprise me because I wasn't expecting them although if I'd paid attention to the signs more carefully, it wouldn't be such a problem and so on.

I don't really want to get into specifics but I could probably benefit a lot from being a bit more obsessive with my health. The only problem with that is I know when I do, it gets a bit depressing and overwhelming than the apathetic/ignorant view I tend to prefer despite its consequences. I'm still trying to find a good balance.

Back