• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
The sprites disappearing has never happened to me. What move/animation did you use, and have you mucked around with anything?

Sand-Attack, Quick Attack and all those that I use.
Sand-Attack's "sand" does not appear either.

Is it possible that it is because I lack some file .dat? My game is advanced and I do not know if I would lose things if I take all the files .dat of the essential.

Only I took the file EditorScript of the folder "Data". Other files are of the old version.

There is some file .dat that it has got up-to-date and to put in my game to solve the problem of the animations?

EDIT:

Other bugs. It happens when I use Strenght from the menu of the pokemon.
In addition in the Debug Mode I cannot use HMs interacting with the event.
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `strengthUsed=' for #<PokemonGlobalMetadata:0x42f4948>

PokemonHiddenMoves:369

PokemonHiddenMoves:365:in `call'
I have tested it from the current Essential without modifying.

EDIT2:

pbAddPokemonToParty don't works!! :\

Last edited:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016

Is it possible that it is because I lack some file .dat? My game is advanced and I do not know if I would lose things if I take all the files .dat of the essential.

Only I took the file EditorScript of the folder "Data". Other files are of the old version.

There is some file .dat that it has got up-to-date and to put in my game to solve the problem of the animations?

EDIT:

EDIT2:

I can help with one of those. For the HMs in Debug mode, you have to hold down the "Control" key on your keyboard, or else they won't do anything

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years

The data file PkmnAnimations.rxdata contains all the animations. You'll also need move2anim.dat as well, which matches moves to animations. I don't know whether this is your problem, though.

Again, animations display properly in Essentials, and so if you're still having a problem with them, you should make your own thread (because it's something you've done that caused the problem, and this thread isn't meant for those kinds of problems).

EDIT2:

No one ever uses Strength from the party screen, which will be why that was never spotted before (it's always been broken), but I've fixed that anyway. I've also improved it so it can be used anywhere (from the party screen), not just while in front of boulders.

I suppose it is a bit stupid that you can only use field moves in Debug mode if you hold Ctrl (when you normally couldn't). The reason I did was because one person complained it made their testing harder, although I don't know how. I'll change it back, unless I get a storm of protest.

There's no such method as pbAddPokemonToParty. There's pbAddToParty, which works fine.

Years
In some events scripts the Essentials change '$game_variables[64] == "Bizzar" ' to 'pbGet(64) == "Bizzar" '. Try this change.
Before a number input try to make the variable that you will put the number equals a fixnumber,
I've already tried to use pbGet() instead of $game_variables[], but nothin works... Well, as I sy, I will check the event. Maybe I've made a mistake.

And some pokémon, that have a particular move, can not attack, eg. if they have the move "Punishment". There is more moves, that prevend pokemon to attack, but I don't know whichever.

An another move that doesn't work is Camouflage.

Edit: Shadow Punch doesn't work too. The Pokémon uses the move, but nothing happenes (Not even the message that it has failed).

Edit 2: I used your corrected version of Punishment, but nothing changed. The pokémon can still not attack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Rayd12smitty said:
I can help with one of those. For the HMs in Debug mode, you have to hold down the "Control" key on your keyboard, or else they won't do anything
Thanks you! :)

The data file PkmnAnimations.rxdata contains all the animations. You'll also need move2anim.dat as well, which matches moves to animations. I don't know whether this is your problem, though.

Again, animations display properly in Essentials, and so if you're still having a problem with them, you should make your own thread (because it's something you've done that caused the problem, and this thread isn't meant for those kinds of problems).
Great! It was because of it. Already the animations work well.

Thanks you! :D

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Gonna be retesting the whole of my game so far in the next few days, so chances are I'll find more than a few problems with the new stuff. c:

Here's one to start off:
Brick Break clears Reflect even if it isn't up.
"Scraggy used Brick Break!
The opposing team's Reflect wore off."
Damage is dealt after that message.
Happens every time.

Maruno

Years
An another move that doesn't work is Camouflage.

Edit: Shadow Punch doesn't work too. The Pokémon uses the move, but nothing happenes (Not even the message that it has failed).

Edit 2: I used your corrected version of Punishment, but nothing changed. The pokémon can still not attack.
All three moves work properly. I don't know why they're not working for you, but it's not the fault of Essentials.

Gonna be retesting the whole of my game so far in the next few days, so chances are I'll find more than a few problems with the new stuff. c:
That's good to hear.

Years
The bug only occurs during a trainer battle. Wild foe pokémon can use there move, but a trainer pokémon can not.

I tested it with a clean Pokémon Essentials version and get the same bug.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
The bug only occurs during a trainer battle. Wild foe pokémon can use there move, but a trainer pokémon can not.

:\
I tested it in my game and in the clean essential. (versus wild foe pokemon and trainer battle)

The trainer/wild foe pokemon uses Shadow Punch and works well.

Maruno

Years

I just tested it, and trainer Pokémon can move just fine. If you can't provide better information (e.g. what moves/ability/item the trainer's Pokémon had), then I'll conclude this isn't a bug.

Years
I testet it with diverse pokémon, most of them were pokémon of the 5th generation. But in the last test, I used a Arceus at level 1. The trainer was defined as follows:

Code:
#-------------------
HIKER
A
ARCEUS,1,,SEISMICTOSS,COSMICPOWER,NATURALGIFT,PUNISHMENT,,,,false,,,,,false

In my previous test, if I replace the Move Punishment with an another move (e.g Nasty Plot), the foe pokémon can attack.

Maruno

Years
I testet it with diverse pokémon, most of them were pokémon of the 5th generation. But in the last test, I used a Arceus at level 1. The trainer was defined as follows:

Code:
#-------------------
HIKER
A
ARCEUS,1,,SEISMICTOSS,COSMICPOWER,NATURALGIFT,PUNISHMENT,,,,false,,,,,false
In my previous test, if I replace the Move Punishment with an another move (e.g Nasty Plot), the foe pokémon can attack.
Then surely you would say it's a problem with the move Punishment, not just "trainer Pokémon in general" as you stated?

Besides, just yesterday I posted a fix for Punishment. Try reading a bit before making inaccurate statements.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Bug:
Darmanitan with Zen Mode changes of form 3 or 4 times for turn when it has less than 50 % of HP.

Years
Then surely you would say it's a problem with the move Punishment, not just "trainer Pokémon in general" as you stated?
What I can definitely say is that in trainer battle (And only in trainer battle) the foe pokémon can't make any move if they knows the move "Punishment" or "Camouflage". If I replace Punishment/Camouflage with an another move, then they can attack, so I guess the problem is the move. But that's only my guess.

Besides, just yesterday I posted a fix for Punishment. Try reading a bit before making inaccurate statements.
I don't blame you if you can't clearly understand my english, but I already wrote, that I have used your fix and the problem is still occuring.

I can only say when the problem appears, not why. I'm just supposing that the move is the problem.

Edit:

Bug:
Darmanitan with Zen Mode changes of form 3 or 4 times for turn when it has less than 50 % of HP.

Same thing happenes to me.

Maruno

Years
What I can definitely say is that in trainer battle (And only in trainer battle) the foe pokémon can't make any move if they knows the move "Punishment" or "Camouflage". If I replace Punishment/Camouflage with an another move, then they can attack, so I guess the problem is the move. But that's only my guess.

I don't blame you if you can't clearly understand my english, but I already wrote, that I have used your fix and the problem is still occuring.

I can only say when the problem appears, not why. I'm just supposing that the move is the problem.
Sorry, I see what you mean now. Punishment/Camouflage have problems with their AI, and do indeed bug things up as you described. Duly noted.

Thanks for sticking to your assertions; I would have just ignored it otherwise.

Once people have had the chance to go through all the effects, or when I've just had enough of the bug reports, I'll release a new version with all the fixes. I've fixed all the ones mentioned so far, but it's a hassle to explain them.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I've searched this thread and nothing came up, but, the Voltorb flip game and the slots are amazing haha... Getting Bulbasaur and PokéDex works, then I walked up to the double battle left of the red door and an error came:

Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Section068:323:in `initialize'undefined method `itemRecycle=' for nil:NilClass
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Roxanne,"Roxanne",_I("I enjoyed it."),false,0)
Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
PokeBattle_Battle:322:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:322:in `initialize'
PokemonTrainers:369:in `new'
PokemonTrainers:369:in `pbTrainerBattle'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:788:in `eval'
Interpreter:788:in `command_111'
Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:193:in `update'
Interpreter:106:in `loop'
Interpreter:198:in `update'
Scene_Map:103:in `update'
Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
Scene_Map:114:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'

I'm not sure if this has been sorted but I posted it anyways.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I've searched this thread and nothing came up, but, the Voltorb flip game and the slots are amazing haha... Getting Bulbasaur and PokéDex works, then I walked up to the double battle left of the red door and an error came:

Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Section068:323:in `initialize'undefined method `itemRecycle=' for nil:NilClass
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Roxanne,"Roxanne",_I("I enjoyed it."),false,0)
PokeBattle_Battle:322:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:322:in `initialize'
PokemonTrainers:369:in `new'
PokemonTrainers:369:in `pbTrainerBattle'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:788:in `eval'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:193:in `update'
Interpreter:106:in `loop'
Interpreter:198:in `update'
Scene_Map:103:in `update'
Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
Scene_Map:114:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'

I'm not sure if this has been sorted but I posted it anyways.

This was reported. Maruno posted the fix a page or two back

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Okay, this is weird, and I regret to admit I was keying too quickly to be sure of exactly what message it started on, but:

In a trainer battle, Scraggy vs Herdier (working with P-Sign's add-on, and some minor changes to pokemon.txt).
Herdier uses Take Down, Scraggy uses Brick Break (which had the error I mentioned before but I don't know if that's related). Scraggy goes first on the next turn, uses Brick Break again, KOs Herdier.
That's all normal. It asked if I wanted to switch, I said No to get Scraggy some more EXP. Enemy Growlithe came out, and then on the next turn I chose to switch in Dewott.
Then this started happening:
5bf9858f6cff404b88a917c.png

That's not the first message, like I said, I was clicking too fast, but it was probably when I switched Scraggy out or switch Dewott in that it started.
Rest of the messages for the battle were like that too.
efe16456bec940f8893c120.png

However, the 'What will Dewott do?' text was normal.
EndSpeech Trainer text suffered as well.
Out of battle it's normal again...
Next battle it was normal.
Tried switching out Scraggy for Dewott at the start of the battle, it didn't reproduce.
Declining the free switch and switching out after the first KO again also had no effect.
I hope this can be reproduced somehow. o.o

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2012
I'm not gaining any EXP when I'm using this version.... Is there anyway to fix this?

Back