• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you like to see more of in G&P?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Lately I've been busy, and have been posting less in my section(s), and since I've stopped, I've noticed a decline in activity -even though it's the season for inactive art sections-, but this doesn't mean I'm not going to do all I can for my section's regulars! So that's where you guys come in! I think it's best if I leave some sort of survey for you to fill in but also feel free to add your own twist, you don't necessarily need to fill it out either. So, G&P, let's get you engaging again!

• What do you like to come to G&P for?

• What would you like to see more of here?

• Are you a graphic artist or do graphics yourself?

• Do you ever enter the competitions which G&P host in the Competitions sub-forum?

• If so, why/why not?

• Do you think that Shop's are becoming a thing of the past?

• If yes, why so?

• If you could change one thing about this section, what would it be?
Alright guys, there's a few questions for you, I would appreciate it greatly, if some of you were to take the time to fill this out or at least relate to the topic. Much love <3

Guy

just a guy
Years
What do you like to come to G&P for?
When I come to Graphics and Photography, I'm usually lurking or looking for inspirational ideas since I'm on a long hiatus right now, and I really want to tear myself out of it.

What would you like to see more of here?
I liked it back in '08 and '09 the number of group shops that we had going on. I felt as though a lot of activity came from them and made the section more enjoyable. Currently, there are numbers of galleries running down the main board, but they never seem as enticing like they used to be; or maybe it's just me.

Other than that, I wish there were more photography threads. I love seeing what creative images people can take from the simple snap of a camera. They always catch my attention. After all, the section is Graphics and Photography; Me, wishing there were more photographic galleries.

Are you a graphic artist or do graphics yourself?
Yes, I would say I am. Except, I'm on a bit of a hiatus right now, and I'm looking for the motivation / inspiration to get back into it.

Do you ever enter the competitions which G&P host in the Competitions sub-forum? If so, why/why not?
I do, but only those that I'm really interested in. I think it's because of my hiatus that has me lazy to take on most of them.

They are fun, and I like the challenge.

Do you think that Shop's are becoming a thing of the past? If yes, why so?
Unfortunately, they are which is disappointing. I liked it back when we had a bunch of shops running as I mentioned earlier. To me it showed more skill in those who were apart of them because they had to work with what they were given (if it wasn't declined).

I guess without the shops and people learning to do more graphics on their own or having less of a care to request, they just faded. Not to mention, people having their own lives and not being able to keep up with continuous requests.

If you could change one thing about this section, what would it be?
Hmm, we have our weekly SotW and IotW. If I could change one thing, it would be to allow members who win the SotW or IotW competitions to host the upcoming week's competition with their choice of theme. Of course they should follow a certain format when doing it so it still looks official, but with this, I think it allows more members to actually take part in the section's events.

Last edited:

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
Years
- Looking at galleries. Find inspiration. xD

- Definitely would like to see more activity. Maybe more creative projects? (like that Icon Wall)

- Both! xD

Do you ever enter the competitions which G&P host in the Competitions sub-forum?
- Not yet.

If so, why/why not?
- Still new here, so...

Do you think that Shop's are becoming a thing of the past?
- I've only been here for a few weeks, so I wouldn't know xD Shops would definitely increase the activity around here though. I'll definitely make one once I've finished my exams!

If yes, why so?
- N/A

- I think it's great the way it is. Maybe encourage people to join the Of The Week contests. The winner gets to have his banner/icon/photography on the main forums, close to the forum header. xD

moments.

quixotic
Years
Post my own art and offer constructive criticism where I can. But my real motivation to visit the section in the first place is to look for inspiration and to see how other artists are progressing.

More artists who stay longer and their galleries have good rate of updates and quality content. Basically more activity, but especially from you now lurkers here at PC who are seriously talented artists, but either have lost the will to make graphics, or just don't keep a gallery posted.

Yessir.

Do you ever enter the competitions which G&P host in the Competitions sub-forum?
I have been on and off in the past, I don't really anymore, mainly because I have been really busy and only really gotten into graphics again as of very recently, but also, and it's a terrible excuse, but the serious lack of activity in the totw competition is really offputting, and finding the fun to challenge people is difficult. I guess if more people I knew participated and we kinda competed against each other not just to win the competition it would be more fun.

I never really understood or liked shops despite having a few of my own which quickly turned to mush. Firstly, the people who have good quality stocks, truly appreciate the tag / icon as a piece of art, rather than something that looks cool to put in the signature/profile are generally the ones who are capable of making their own graphics.

Ugh, nothing that can be achieved by changing the section, but what the entire PokeCommunity needs for this section to really flourish is an increase in graphics artists, and ones who are serious about making art so that they will stay long and keep posting new content instead of showing up, posting a few tags, then letting the thread die. We need artists whose galleries remain on the front page with heaps of comments from both updates, and also people taking the time to appreciate the art and leave a comment.
Basically, we need the people to change, not the section. In a gallery, every single comment is appreciated by the artist and will likely lead to an update. A comment with constrictive criticism in it as well will likely lead to many more updates. That is what we need, more serious artists and more serious posters.

Hope that wasn't too gloomy or serious or whatever, but I really wanna see this section explode with activity. It's the only section I frequent, and even lately I've felt truly disappointed in it.

Years

Seeing other people's work.

More active and enthusiastic G&P frequenters.

Yup, I try.

Yup, I try.

If so, why/why not?

It's a more communal and interactive thing to do in this section.

Nope.

If yes, why so?

n/a

More cowbell. And a worm. Please.

aSeRo141414

zZJoennZz inside
Years
See other people's work and comment
Inspiration?
Yes
Yeah, sometimes
If so, why/why not?
Because I want to compete and try me best.
I don't know
If yes, why so?
-past-
useless comment? lol nothing

moments.

quixotic
Years
The Worm always seems to flop, but I'd love to have another try at it! I don't really see the harm!

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
* What do you like to come to G&P for?
I came to hang out with friends and show off my work; get feedback and the like. I liked seeing my tags running all over the forum.

* What would you like to see more of here?
Less srsbsns. I really think people need to get their heads out of their asses. xD
That tends to be a tendency of most Graphic Artists though. Most GFX artists end up as arrogant bigots. xD

* Are you a graphic artist or do graphics yourself?
I was, but not anymore.

* Do you ever enter the competitions which G&P host in the Competitions sub-forum?
I used to.

* If so, why/why not?
SOMEBODY always decided to enter WHENEVER I did, and blow my entry out of the water!! xDD (Even when I didn't enter for like, AGES I'd enter and BAM there they were. xD) There was also never anything really in it for me back then, since all the prizes I could just give myself anyhow. (And picking themes is SUCH a drag. xD)

* Do you think that Shop's are becoming a thing of the past?
Yeah. Definitely. Aren't they already? o_O

* If yes, why so?
Because like I said: People's heads are in their asses. They don't want to use ~that~ stock. It's so n00by~! (Yeah I plead guilty on this count. xD)
I also think that the current member base has like, de-learned how to pick suitable stocks for graphic artists to use- that's another problem we have which makes our current GFXer's less inclined to open a shop.

* If you could change one thing about this section, what would it be?
The individualistic style- the whole "you do your stuff, I'll do mine." I definitely know I set the pace for the way G&P is today with my elitism back in the day, so I'm sorry you have to deal with it now, Ab. xD But I really think the whole deal where people just post their stuff in their galleries and only comment on other peoples' galleries just so that they can get a comment in THEIR gallery? C'mon. It's called a COMMUNITY for a reason. :I This also sort of applies to the dead GFX Rating Thread. Man we used to have like, rating SPREES that were really fun.

Really, if I could change one thing about this section, it'd be the entire memberbase. But alas, I can't do that, which is why I'm never around anymore. xD

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
* What do you like to come to G&P for?
Just to check out all the graphics everyone else has got.

* What would you like to see more of here?
Help. Not enough people really tell anyone what they're doing wrong. They just leave comments on how decent a job they did and leave. People can't get better if they don't know what mistakes to correct.

* Are you a graphic artist or do graphics yourself?
Yessir

* Do you ever enter the competitions which G&P host in the Competitions sub-forum?
Nope

* If so, why/why not?
Just doesn't seem like my thing.

* Do you think that Shop's are becoming a thing of the past?
Haha, def.

* If yes, why so?
Even people who aren't skilled at graphics seem to be doing their own thing now. And if someone really wants a sig or something they can just contact someone they know about it. Just seems like in the end only a few people would end up needing them. o.o

* If you could change one thing about this section, what would it be?
Hm, I'd like to see more diversity instead of the same old icons + sigs. It starts to get really boring.

NerdSparks

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
To showcase my art, and participate in activities to hone my skills.

Competitions, tutorials, and general activity.

Yes I am.

At one point but that was in a time where I could get requests and comments in this forum.

If so, why/why not?
When I did it was because they were a unique challenge. I stopped because I had no reason to come here only for that one reason.

No real clue, demand is obviously down but I don't have a real reason for it.

More activities and more presence by experienced graphic artists.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
New questions:

What do you think would improve activity in G&P?

If you were a moderator in this section, what would you do or change differently?

moments.

quixotic
Years
What do you think would improve activity in G&P?
`More competitions/things to get involved in (like worm).
`Offering prizes or rewards for quality constructive criticism and comments.
`Bringing back the graphics school, maybe even modified so it is less maintenance thus increasing longevity.
`A spotlight: where the gallery which has received the most traffic, (updated graphics are worth more than comments) gets stickied for a week or something to spark people to comment and update galleries more frequently.
`People utilising the Graphics Rating Thread more.

If you were a moderator in this section, what would you do or change differently?
Promote strongly the importance of constructive criticism. I'd implement an award for one user per fortnight/month or something that shows abilities to provide frequent, detailed and thorough constructive criticism and comments. This award would be stackable (unlike an emblem) so once a user wins, they can keep feeling enticed to try and win.

Implement more emblems for users to win. Emblems are seemingly very popular to collect, and if you make emblems for like, gallery reaches 100 comments or something (note, a rule should be added that SPAM like comments will not be tolerated).

That's all I got for now, I will definitely be back later for more! :D

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
Years
When I come into G/P I am looking for stuff that people have made with overall graphics. Although I normally am looking for Graphic design like someone went and drew a pichu and posted it (although that should have its own forum altogether).

I would like to see more active artists. I see a lot of cases where someone comes in throws up there four basic images then doesn't really update.

Yes

No

If so, why/why not?
I am new and haven't really made anything that would be good for entering in a competition. I do plan on entering in the future though.

Yes

If yes, why so?
If you want to run a shop go to Deviant Art. Most people use shops for getting ideas to make images. A "shop" is were you make something then people see it and buy it.

More active artists.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Since I always like to browse art here I may as well post.

I like to come simply to browse at the good quality art here :33 And that is all really, I'm to shy to comment because I am not an artist so I don't think my comments would really mean anything, like coming from someone who can't do digital art if my life depended on it XD

More shops really. From other forum experience, it is the art sections that have lots of shops that are active, and the art sections that only have galleries are inactive.

Hell no :< I would absolutely love to be though ;_____;;; I love digital art but I just can't seem to work it. It is far too complicated for me. I am a book work kind of guy.

No. That would be a little embarrassing XD

If so, why/why not?
I can't make graphics.

YesMis read, no I don't think so. More shops = more activity.

If yes, why so?
NA

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
New question guys

If we are going to advertise G&P and the competitions, how do you think we could do it?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I think the best way to advertise competitions that are coming back would be just something simple, get the higher mods to make an announcement for them, make lots of different categories, which we've already discussed right now, and maybe make a "graphically improved" emblem for those people who have really improved in making graphics over time from when they first started. I think that'd motivate people to start joining the graphics side we have here, as well as just try something new.

I wouldn't know how to explain this properly, but just try to get people and introduce them to graphics, and see how awesome it can be to learn and make your own. Just something is needed to motivate people to get into it some more. :)

Back