• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Frontier's rushing out...something special coming??

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
First we had two new episodes weekly (double the norm from back in WB days), now all of a sudden we have a new episode each night this week until Friday, maybe even ON TOP OF two more new episodes Saturday. With only a handful of episodes left in the season, it seems that Pokemon USA is trying to rush out Battle Frontier as fast as they can...but what possible reason could they have for it? Discuss.

(Too late, Dark Charaxes!! LOL)

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
I was wondering that too. Well the thing is there isn't going to be a new episode on Saturdays from what I can tell. I looked on my DVR and it has nothing schedule for this Saturday Pokemon wise. Still it is being rushed. Though I wonder if PUSA is behind it. CN can be like this with its things that it doesn' own. Still if they keep this up then the Battle Frountier will end before the release of DP which will give Pokemon a chance to go down before the release of the DP games and anime. They usally release the anime the same time the games come out. I wonder if this is only temportary.

Years
(Wah!!! My life is now a meaningless tapestry of lies!!! You horrible...horrible...!!!

Heh. Melodrama aside, nah, that's fine. Someone had to post it.)

My theory has less to do with D/P as more to do with CN. Now for those who don't grasp cable, they constantly repeat the desired programming ensuring that the audience will catch the product at some point as part of simple supply/demand. This leads for a very intense but unfortunately brief shelf life, in addition to a great case of burnout and apathy as you flood the market with endless episodes, and worse, the intolerable hiatus (some series have been as long as six months in between waiting).

While CN has a great product on their hands for the moment as they're clearly garnering ratings (thus why they're doing the marathons and multiple new episodes), after this week they'll have 21 episodes left. Will the fanbase stick around for the ad nauseum repeats and wait until the new episodes (which should be by summer as cable usually airs their season premieres)?

Kids WB had the same problem in season two with the endless theme weeks and CN is heading there right now. Just wait.

I would have alluded to D/P like everyone else is, but the American version won't be for quite a while (March at least?). Yes, details are being leaked out, they're going at a slow rate and CN is known for their impatience and always think of the small picture first and foremost. That's my -2 yen for ya.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
Years
Do you think theyre just rushing the dubbing to catch up with Japan?
Well, Its still really cool while it lasts...

But I thought they were rerunning on weekdays and doing the double-premiers on the weekends but then they did one earlier last Friday which was reran on the 'premier' on the next day

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
(Wah!!! My life is now a meaningless tapestry of lies!!! You horrible...horrible...!!!

Heh. Melodrama aside, nah, that's fine. Someone had to post it.)

My theory has less to do with D/P as more to do with CN. Now for those who don't grasp cable, they constantly repeat the desired programming ensuring that the audience will catch the product at some point as part of simple supply/demand. This leads for a very intense but unfortunately brief shelf life, in addition to a great case of burnout and apathy as you flood the market with endless episodes, and worse, the intolerable hiatus (some series have been as long as six months in between waiting).

While CN has a great product on their hands for the moment as they're clearly garnering ratings (thus why they're doing the marathons and multiple new episodes), after this week they'll have 21 episodes left. Will the fanbase stick around for the ad nauseum repeats and wait until the new episodes (which should be by summer as cable usually airs their season premieres)?

Kids WB had the same problem in season two with the endless theme weeks and CN is heading there right now. Just wait.

I would have alluded to D/P like everyone else is, but the American version won't be for quite a while (March at least?). Yes, details are being leaked out, they're going at a slow rate and CN is known for their impatience and always think of the small picture first and foremost. That's my -2 yen for ya.

(MUWAHAHAH!!! Now lie into the railroad tracks, my dear! *twirls mustache*
...Bah, not as fun as I thought...)

Hmm...8 episodes in December (4x2), 8 in January, 5 in February, add in a couple weeks of reruns...if the American D/P comes out in March...or even April...that isn't that long of a wait...

Years
(MUWAHAHAH!!! Now lie into the railroad tracks, my dear! *twirls mustache*
...Bah, not as fun as I thought...)

Hmm...8 episodes in December (4x2), 8 in January, 5 in February, add in a couple weeks of reruns...if the American D/P comes out in March...or even April...that isn't that long of a wait...

(I don't see you as a Snidely Whiplash kind of character, man. Heh.)

True, but that's a big if for the moment and while the video game hype would help, I don't think it would help CN itself unless they can use it (like Kids WB with their contests?). It's still very tentative and I don't give CN a lot of credit.

As for the catch up with Japan, I'd say we're definitely on our way, but then, we were always 52 episodes behind. Say what you will, but for an American dub of an anime, that's just plain lightning fast.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
(I don't see you as a Snidely Whiplash kind of character, man. Heh.)

True, but that's a big if for the moment and while the video game hype would help, I don't think it would help CN itself unless they can use it (like Kids WB with their contests?). It's still very tentative and I don't give CN a lot of credit.

As for the catch up with Japan, I'd say we're definitely on our way, but then, we were always 52 episodes behind. Say what you will, but for an American dub of an anime, that's just plain lightning fast.

(You shouldn't. ...Usually.)

I was talking about the D/P anime, not the games. Also, CN's done contests in the past, though granted sparingly...

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Only 21 episodes after all the overkill premieres are through?
Man, I'm still trying to understand why CN would wanna do something like that... Like one of the other posts implied, what if the shows rating fall, or they loose some fans during the wait for D/P...

If BF ends too soon that might be what'll happen.

Also, alot of little kids watch it, and if it ends and then they go too long without seeing it again they could lose interest.

((Still, that could be solved with the re-runs I suppose... ))

Years
I was talking about the D/P anime, not the games. Also, CN's done contests in the past, though granted sparingly...

(I'm still amused by it, though.)

I was referring to both as part of the mass media campaign like they did with G/S and Johto way back when. But still, it all boils down to timing, really. Like the Sneak Preview of the first two Hoenn episodes in time for R/S? They might do that. Who knows? It's all speculation, anyway.

And Drew? I gave up figuring out CN years ago.

Lavabyle

Merry Christmas!
Years
Well obviously, i mean since when do networks spit out episodes like they're trying to get rid of them? They must have some kind of special coming, but as charaxes said, they might just dump the show, or go to reruns for another year :p The mysteries of CN

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Psh...they better not have re-runs for awhole year... x___x
That'd be insane. Still it should't happen... at least not literally for awhole year... DP will start before then...

...hopefully...

Years
I was thinking, at most, it would be 5-6 months, but 3-4 months seems to be the most feasible for a hiatus. CN is bizarre, but not completely stupid. I wouldn't say just "stupid", as I got plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
Years
Besides, the games, too, also usually come a few months after the anime, so were lookin to around January-March-ish for the Sinnoh Saga?

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
mmm...I heard the Shinou saga would be out around April. But thats just a rumor, doesn't mean its true.

Still, it all depends on when the games releasing...

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
I kinda concern too. I mean a month a reruns can be enough to make little kids lose intrest but then what what CN does all the time. Still it is a shame that they do that. I don't understant why they do that with all their good hits. It seems like they only do this to anything that isn't on Toonami. That is one of the reasons why I wished that Pokemon would oringinally air on Toonami for their new episodes.

Zelos

*yawn*
Years
I really hate the way they're doing this. I wish it would just return to normal, with only the re-runs on weekdays. I've already missed 2-3 episodes because I keep forgetting that it comes on at eight. ><

Lavabyle

Merry Christmas!
Years
^ Same with me, thanks for reminding me lol ^.^
And to stay on topic, with all of this rushing out what are they trying to accomplish, I'm pretty sure they'd have enough time with 2 new eps a week, maybe up it to 4

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
I really hate the way they're doing this. I wish it would just return to normal, with only the re-runs on weekdays. I've already missed 2-3 episodes because I keep forgetting that it comes on at eight. ><

...It's only for one week...and, considering CN's pattern, they'll be reshown within a few weeks (by Christmas).

Lavabyle said:
^ Lol yet another mystery of CN
Well I'd have to say they think Toonami as a thing for older kids with an anime interest, and assume they won't like Pokemon >.<
Gah, silly CN

1. Pokemon Chronicles.

2. Current showings of Battle Frontier.

Well, anyway, I don't think CN's THAT dumb...or, rather, it isn't their style to rush out episodes THIS FAST then stop for a few months...perhaps they're trying to get two full run-throughs before D/P?

Back