• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Here we go again...>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhaiden

Cosplayer of Doom
Years
Alright, none of you new kids will know me and most of you old people won't remember me, but I used to have a whole bunch of rps of here that never really started due to my own absence. I would like to apologize for that.:

...I'm sorry.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, onto the real purpose of this thread. I wish to actually start an rp and see it to completion or at least beyond four pages. -_-; ANyway, the rp I am speaking of is titled of Gods and Mortals, a vampire-ish rp that has been rated 15+ because of the violent themes in it. I want to see how many of you will actually participate if I start this beast again so that it does not go to waste and all that. All right, this thing is long and when I say long, I do not mean a four paragraph thing. Try five pages typed, single spaced. This is because in order to play as one of my vampiric thingys that are not really vampires, one must know a bit obout what they can and can't do, as well as a little knowlage of the world itself. This rp is not limited to humans and vampire-thingys, it is also open for werewolves(lycan), Actual vampires(The undead things that look like death put in a microwave), demons, angels, and I will even tolerate halfbreeds if you ask nicely. Now I will not post that huge beastie of an intro here. Why, you ask? Because that would require me to be in full access of my computer and I am not at the moment. However, it will be better soon and I will post it if the rp will be played out. So, instead, I will post a snippet of my character's story on here to give you an idea of what we are lookin at here.

------------

Have you ever wondered where the stories came from? The dark and fantanstic tales of creatures of the night that thrived on the blood of the living and struck fear into the very souls of those around them? There had to be some truth to it all. Something that inspired the fear that humans have now of the dark. A fear that keeps them looking over their shoulders when in an alley at night, or drives them to carry a cross about their precious necks. It is quite funny really, their ignorance. They believe that with a piece of metal and a clove of garlic they can defend themselves against something that has no weakness, no flaw. Well, it is true that such methods may work on immitations and the lesser beings. However, true children of time are perfect. There is no place hidden from their eyes, no mind that cannot be read, and no life that they cannot take. Not even the sun in all of it's glory can harm them. So what, do you ask, can possibley save you from them? Heh. Well, that is indeed a very good question. For one, no normal mortal can achieve the actual death of one of our kind. Oh no. And that particular individual would have to be either weakened, a child, or just plain stupid, possibley a combination of the three even. Yes, unfortunately, the human curse known as stupidity has learned to jump species. Sad really. But alas, I am moving off the subject. How to save yourself from a Vampire. Well, for one, don't meet one. A sure fire way to survive. However, there are very few who have not met one actually, or at least a form of vampire. For all of the rest of humanity, making a deal with one of our kind in exchange is a rather common practice. You see, Vampires need more then just blood to get by.

We need servents, connections to the human world, and what is a very popular thing with our kind; pets. But enough of that for now, there are more important things to explain. Another way to defend yourself from death at our hands would be to aquire the assistance of another otherworldly creature. For instance, Lycans have been known to befriend humans and even defend them for a price. Lycans really are not that great a threat, but they are skilled in dealing with our kind I suppose. The better choice would be to strike a bargin with some form of upper level daemon. They ask alot for thier services however. But you are probibley curious about how to kill a vampire correct? Of course you are. Time will do nothing. We have no garlic, nor silver issues. Sunlight is a joke really, as is the good old stake in the heart trick. Honestly I swear that if I ever stumble across the mortal who made up that crock, he or she will wish they hadn't. So idiotic. The whole garlic thing started through a misunderstanding. One vampire had an allergic reaction to garlic and boom! Stupid anti-vamp object number one. Our kind can be killed by others of our kind, and maybe the occassional illness. That is about all that we worry about. We are immortal afterall. There are others like us, fakes, wannabes. These...things are where most superstition springs from. They do not have the black blood, hardly. They aren't even alive. These are the vampires that the mortal world sees. Vunerable to sunlight, defeatable with the use of a strategically placed stake or your standard high powered rifle. They are scum in the eyes of true Children of Time. It is in a way, a Cleatus version of the perfect creature. But, you will see that lot soon enough.

The fact that you are reading this means that at least one human will know of us for whom we truely are. It's surprising how comforting that fact is. And now I am going to tell you a story, one that very few know, and most of them are dead. This story, is the story of a boy. A boy who became a man before a teen and a God before his birth. The silver haired angel from hell...Infinity.

Yeah, that is my lovely narrator Lystless signing off. Now, I know these things sound too powerful, but the actual plot has a way of putting them in check. Basically Infinity is one of the few remaining Children of Time and unfortunately for him, he's become the next target of an organization of SLayers who feel it is time to end his 5,000 year reign. Infinity finds himself drawn into a group of people who are trying to rid the earth of the organization because of some possibley anti-climatic event and there you go. Of course there is a good deal more to it, but this is just the overview. in order for this to work out, we need people in the organization, people in the resistance, normal everyday people going about their lives, and of course Infinity's followers, not to mention the other CHildren of Time.

Please give me your opinions if you are at all interested in doing this. I must leave for class now, so I will not beable to respond until a later time. Farewell.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I remember you and this RP! Welcome back! ^^ I'll have to dig out my old sign-up, I never got to do much with my charrie. Anyway, is this a 'feedback' thread, or a 'who wants to join' thread, or some kind of thread like that? Not sure what the meaning of the thread is, other then that you're posting the RP again, I assume, due to the title. ^^;

Xhaiden

Cosplayer of Doom
Years
Yes essentially, it is a thread that will allow me to see if anyone is actually interested. I don't want to post up the thread if no one is going to play. So, yeah if anyone thinks I should start it up, please post here and such. -shrugs-

SilverTail

Noble Warrior of Woodsclan
Years
Isnt there a signup sheet? I mean, you cant really start an RP without an RP signup sheet...

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Yes, but this isn't the RP itself. Read the post above: Anyway, I'd join!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Xhai-chan! Long time no see! Nice to see that you're getting back into RPing. ^_^

Anyways, I actually remember the last time you hosted this RP here...ahem, yes, remember it quite well, actually...hopefully you won't have to pass the reins on to me this time around. I'd rather not go through another immortal vampire versus exploding bike of doom conflict. (I'm still having nightmares about that <.<) The problem with threads like this one, though, is that most RPers never come around to the lounge, so you won't really get accurate results. My advice is to go for it and post the thread then invite whatever old RPing partners you can find if there are too many N00Blets, that method hasn't failed me yet, and I've already hosted three. ^^ Oh, and I'd advise against letting people take several characters each, it tends to reduce the time and effort they put into creating and developing each one, which tends to be bad. Quality over quantity, ne?

As for actually answering to the topic, I'm willing to give this one another shot if you are. Schoolwork has me rather bogged down at the moment, but it should start lightening up after I get the bulk of the presentations and essays out of the way, and if there ain't time I'll make some, one way or the other.

Xhaiden

Cosplayer of Doom
Years
MASTER!!!! -glomptackleclinglick- Long time no see! Yeah, I was tempted to just post up the beast and get it over with. Then I was contemplating the idea of reading other rp threads to see if there are any people on here capible of handling the rp level that I wish to persue and inviting them. And then I realized that I am very short on time for the most part and college has become a nightmare for me. For example, last night alone, I worked for TEN hours on a single lab report for that friggin class. So, this means that my online time will be very limited. I am also contemplating the idea of finding someone willing to help me keep watch over it since it has been FOREVER since I have done any rping of this form. But, once again it dawned on me that I do not know hardly anyone on this site let alone anyone that I could trust with my baby. -Hugs her story- So once again I am going to be stuck regulating the thing on my own, which is fine as long as I can actually get on here. I've also changed it a bit from what you all remember about this rp. For one, there is actually a plot that involves EVERYONE(OMG) and there are actually official bad guy roles! Dear lord, the earth may end soon! ANyway, Infinity has also been given a few tweaks. I am tired of him being the stereotypical silver haired demon thing. (Even though I absolutely adore silver hair) -Sigh- Yeah...Needless to say, it will take me a while to get this thing up and running again.

Also I would like to say that having forms for rping is highly annoying and I dislike them strongly. The only reason that I use them is so that I can determine whether or not someone will live up to my expectations as a roleplayer. And even then I dislike reading them. Honestly, I would rather have someone give me a detailed, well written, and creative introduction to their character then a stupid form. But, alas, I must use them because apparently, paragraph character descriptions are something that a good deal of people are allergic to. This is a really long post. Sheesh. I type way too much for my own good. Perhaps after I finish this paper for Digital Design, I will post up the board and -shudder- make a form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back