• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New desktop screenshot thread

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Stalker Cat stalks you, :3
Spoiler:

Here's the background:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
Windows 7 is actually >9000 times better than Vista, and competes with OS X. Very good job by Microsoft. I still use OS X mostly though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
An unfortunate string of events led me to reformat my hard drive and reinstall my applications (yes, my desktop's theme represents my feelings about the situation), here are the results.

View attachment 51445

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
Years
Windows 7 is actually >9000 times better than Vista, and competes with OS X. Very good job by Microsoft. I still use OS X mostly though.

Agreed. I love my OSX
Note: Img is a bit pervy. No one is nakey though. ;]
Spoiler:

Oh but one thing I'mma have to fix is my Tweetie Growl.
See attached. xD

Years
Spoiler:

Nothing special, really. I actually just changed the background last night. I really wanted to use a picture of the Lenin Mausoleum, but I couldn't find any decent pictures. Oh well, Red Square is prettier anyways.

Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Great Party!
Years
Spoiler:

Since my hard drive died, I thought I would try out Gnome this time around. It seems KWin handles Vsync and video better than Compiz does. :(

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Honestly, though, what did you expect?
I wasn't sure. Maybe this?
Spoiler:

My desktop is very bland; I guess i can show it to you guys, but it's not exciting in the least.

Spoiler:

I'm using an icon theme that uses Tango icons, so it kind of looks consistent with my Linux installs (except it's ugly, as opposed to looking cool). I value consistency over pretty.

I've got a few games there, some icons to control power, some shortcuts, two batch scripts I wrote (one to decode FLAC, the other to encode in AAC), a few programs, and that's about it. I have my D: data partition, Firefox, and the command line in quicklaunch, and have Azureus, Firefox, and Metapad assigned to keyboard shortcuts (CTRL+ALT+A,F, and M, respectively).

I was thinking of applying a theme, but I like my performance, despite how awesome I could make it look. And I decided against a wallpaper because black background is easier on my eyes.

Running Vista Home Premium. And, for the record, Vista is awesome, and you haters are full of crap.

Years
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
The picture in the middle is album artwork from the currently playing song. (The Crystal Method, at that moment.)

Back