• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Pidgey Was Given EverStone"

Years
Do you guys ever give your Pokes' EverStone, or prevent them from evolving to get moves earlier? I know evolving Pokemon gives tem the ability to learn moves faster, but I don't know if it's worth it. I have never done this before because I just thought better stats were worth it. But with Pokemon like Sandile who learn all the good moves late, I think I might stop them from evolving in the future.

I almost tried to stop my Herdier from evolving because I know Stoutland is ugly, but I just didn't think it was worth giving up the stat boosts, because I know Stoutland is a beast.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Never.
1) It occupies the Held Item slot which I use for Lucky Egg swapping (I'm giving Lucky Egg to the Pokémon I want to train and when it's not in training it holds something for boost)
2) I'm rushing to evolutions. I must say that I'm obssesed with having fully evolved Pokémon. Stats, sometimes looks, but especially stats are most important for me.
The only case would probably be me waiting 5 levels for Eelektrik to learn Thunderbolt before evolving it into Eelektross.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I always give an everstone to Dragonair, because I personally do not want it to be a Dragonite. I'd rather keep its middle form as is because I like the design. :P

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
I evolve my pokemon all the time, the only time i have never really evolved my pokemon is when pokemon yellow first came out. And the only pokemon i didnt evolve was pikachu. But i think that is with most people

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I evolve my pokemon after they learn a move they can't in evolved form. As for using the actul stone then No I prefer to press 'B' button.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2017
The everstone takes up the precious holding space a pokemon gets. Just use the evulutin cancel technique. It works.

#isthenumbersign
Years
I've never used an Everstone, for anything. I'm pretty sure you can use it for breeding too, but I don't know what it does. But I always look forward to evolution. I might keep someone unevolved to get a specific move that the evolution can't learn, but I'll just press B during evolution, no need for a held item.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Yep, I use the everstone quite a lot, depends on what game I'm playing, and who my tam will be.

Sometimes I give to Meowth to not make it evolve, but I'll catch a second Meowth later on and train it until it evolves. I love Meowth and Persian, so in many games I try to keep one of each.

Sometimes I give it to a different Pokemon (mainly Abra) to prevent evolution, I like Abra more than Kadabra/Alakazam.

oh yes, I remember. I have never tried using the Evolution Cancel technique, what if later on I want to make the Pokemon evolve, I'm not sure if they would evolve later.

Last edited:

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
No everstone

@persiantrainer

The pokemon can still evolve don't worry

I never use everstone, clicking B isn't that hard and it takes up space.
I just wait for the cool moves then let the Pokemon evolve. In Ruby, I had a Marshtomp Lv20ish in Mauville. I trained so much that it became a Lv.50 Swampert that carried me to victory and I waited for the cool moves so everstone... pointless.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I've never used an Everstone. Ever. I don't really know why to be honest, I just forget about it or never really need it for that purpose. I usually evolve everyone.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I came here for Pidgey, what is this?!

I've never actually used an Everstone before, mainly because I don't know where to even get them, although I have prevented my Pokemon from evolving, specifically Clefairy (easy since it evolves by a moon stone) and Shroomish, so that they could learn other moves. I never went through with Clefairy though, since I had to get it to a pretty high level to teach it the move I wanted, and it was just really weak all the way through, so I ended up boxing it and never really using it again for the rest of the game. I did make it thrrough with Shroomish though, since it was a bit easier to train considering the moves it learns, although it was a real pain in the behind anyway. So the posibility that I'm going to do it again is pretty low, since I just don't really have the patience to train weaker Pokemon just to get specific moves :p

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I typically don't use an Everstone. By the time an evolution is to happen, it needs to. The stats for the unevolved Pokemon just aren't good enough to warrant keeping it in such a form for a long enough time to learn those moves. Its stats get dated really quickly. It's best to evolve 'em for better stats and wait on the moves - what's better - a level 25 Wartortle with Bubble or a level 25 Squirtle with Water Pulse? They'd probably do the same amount of damage, but three levels won't make a big difference.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I have yes. I mainly use it to pass on my prized Pokémon's natures when breading, but I have used it to keep Pokémon from evolving in the past. Usually though, the Pokémon I want to keep from evolving used a stone or other unique evolution form (Like my Misdreavus)

Years
The only purpose I use Everstones for is to pass down natures while breeding Pokemon.

B2/W2 now made the Everstone always pass down nature, which is helpful.

I never held off a Pokemon's evolution though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If I'm doing a challenge and can't evolve something, then yeah. Or if I'm waiting to evolve because I want to learn a move first. But most of the time, I don't use it. I think I kept one on my Timburr my first time in White though, cause I really like Timburr haha. I used to use it when RNGing eggs, but it made things more confusing in the long run, so I scrapped it.

Back