• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Day Night System - By Interdpth & ZodiacDaGreat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I think you are talking about compatibility with JPANS engine right?
Since the palettes are overwritten frequently (i think...idk for sure) you might have actually loaded the palette, but then it got overwritten by the routine. I would suggest just removing the player from the palettes that are effected.
Or if i'm wrong and you aren't talking about overworlds at all, then i think being a little more specific might help us out a smidge.
*edit*
am i the only person who hasn't had ANY trouble with this tool after the update for xp? It seems to me that a lot of people are either
A) Being nubs and not downloading the newer version
B) using a tool that still has a few bugs that has compatibility issues with xp (lol, who would have thought that somethin like that would happen...)
C) Being nubs and not having the right runtimes installed (or some similar problem)
Yeah, I was also wondering that. I have the latest version, and it's XP compatible.

Also, that might be the reason, but I also think that it may just be that it's not compatible with the OW tables function and it's not reading the new palette to load. I might be way off base here, but I'm going to test out my theory and choose a different sprite and see if it loads an original game palette or not.

EDIT: -.- Apparently, I was loading the palette into a bad slot, and one not meant for OWs. I loaded the palette into slot A, and it started working. Thanks anyways. XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2010
uh.. i have xp and it worked for me fine, except when i tried to open my pokemon fire red it said that the rom wasnt supported so i opened a backup i made earlier and it opened @.@? meh, anyhows great tool.

actually just figured out my rom got corrupted, my bad.

Last edited:

raupy

A Visual Basic programmer
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 14, 2011
Are German Firered and Leafgreen ROMs supported?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Umm... It didnt do anything
tbh
that sucks

and help
i used a uk version of fire red

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I've tried the Day and Night system on Emerald, works perfectly. However, is there any way of changing the windows on the houses into yellow during the Evening?

Also... for anyone who is using FireRed... you'll also need the script in which sets the clock time and all that. I wonder if it's possible to make it happen at the introduction?

I've tried using FireRed... I put in the RTC and all that into the ROM, however I just don't know what script to use that will allow you to set the time.

jemon

Eevee's Plaything
Years
Installed this on my WiP FR hack, will Eevee evolve into Espeon and Umbreon now, or does that require extra work?

Halfshadow

Sono italiano/I'm italian.
Years
I have found a glitch, happens when you enter in a house:

5mz3g1.png

It happens for a split second, but not always the case...

Years
Um..
Ok, it's gonna sound like I'm being really fussy, but.. There's a few flaws. At least, with Emerald. I've noticed that the Palette change occurs on the Trainer Card. Also, when you open the menu and select Bag, Pokemon, Options (or anything else that goes to another screen), the palette change reverts to normal for a split second. They're not major problems, but look a little sloppy. Is there any way to fix that, no?

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
I've tried the Day and Night system on Emerald, works perfectly. However, is there any way of changing the windows on the houses into yellow during the Evening?

Also... for anyone who is using FireRed... you'll also need the script in which sets the clock time and all that. I wonder if it's possible to make it happen at the introduction?

I've tried using FireRed... I put in the RTC and all that into the ROM, however I just don't know what script to use that will allow you to set the time.

actually you don't need the clock. I think if you're using an emulator, it reads your computer's clock, which is very inventive.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
actually you don't need the clock. I think if you're using an emulator, it reads your computer's clock, which is very inventive.

That's more with the 4th Generation. For the 3rd Generation requires to set the clock. Like Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald for instance... the clock has to be set when you start the game when you go to the second floor of your house.

As for the palettes... there might have to be some fixing... if anyone wants the windows to change to yellow for instance.

TheDarkShark

Metal Headed Hacker
Years
Couldn't you make it work on German Roms (I'm from Germany...)?
I AM working on my own system (Gotta! I found a good Tutorial for ASM), but the Newbies ask all the time for a German version support...

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
That's more with the 4th Generation. For the 3rd Generation requires to set the clock. Like Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald for instance... the clock has to be set when you start the game when you go to the second floor of your house.

As for the palettes... there might have to be some fixing... if anyone wants the windows to change to yellow for instance.

No, this particular clock reads from the computer.
You see, the emulator reads your Computer's clock, and then inputs that for the RTC.
And on the PSP, the PSP's emulator just reads from the PSP's time.
No need to set a clock. (For FR/LG at least)

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
well...for those of us who intend to put the game on a fc, will setting the time, get overwritten with the computer time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back