• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon did you turn out te be in the Mystery Dungeon series?

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
I'm just wondering, what do you guys think of the Mystery Dungeon series and what Pokemon did you turn out to be? Also, did you made a team to battle in PMD, or did you just stick with your beloved partner :3 What partner Pokemon did you like most? And when you finished the main-story, did you like to play as another Pokemon?

In the Red/Blue/Sky/Darkness/Time PMD I was Charmander or Pikachu alot, according to the test. When I got older I searched for the desired nature and answered the questions as many times possible to get the desired nature and Pokemon :3 I really liked playing with them though. Most of the time I picked the water starter Pokemon (Squirtle, Mudkip and Totodile).
In PMD Gates to Infinity there weren't alot of partner/starter Pokemon choices, but I really liked the fact you could start your game as a badass Dragon Pokemon (fav. type and I really like Dragons) or I could just go with Pikachu/Oshawott (had Tepig/Axew as my partner alot) ^_^

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2015
Well, my first game (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explores of Time) I kept on getting munchlax so I lied to get a Skitty~
On the second game I played when I was a bit older (explorers of sky) I managed to get a vulpix WITHOUT lying. My partner was Shinx (Spark) and I mostly stayed with those two. If at the time, I unlocked evolving, I probably wouldn't even evolve those two, so other pokemon wasn't really up my alley~

[Lucian]

KANTO Champion
Years
I think it was fun
1St gen i got torchic with treecko
2nd gen i got chimchar with piplup in darkness and riolu with chimchar in sky

After i beat the main story i still l loved to play as other pokemon i even had strategic trios
I had a speed team, a tank team, a brute force team, a sp. Atk team, a dragon team and a legendary team.

My starter and partner were always my top favorites though.

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
My first try in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Red) I got a Pikachu once but I restarted because I accidentally turned myself a Female but In my second try I got Pikachu again but it's male so definitely the first Pokemon I turned out to be in Mystery Dungeon is Pikachu. :chu: (HMOG 60th post!)

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
In the first PMD, I was a Machop, and my partner was a Mudkip.

In PMD: EoS, I started off as a Squirtle, but I wanted to be a Riolu, so I picked that one as my partner.

Memoric

Real Eyes
Years
The first PMD I played was Red Rescue Team. When I took the test, I got Squirtle and I had a Bulbasaur as my partner.

Years
  • PMD: Red/Blue Rescue Team: Me: Pikachu/Partner: Cyndaquil
  • PMD: Explorers of Sky/Darkness/Time: Vulpix/Piplup for Sky, Mudkip/Treecko for Time, and I don't own Darkness
  • PMD: Gates to Infinity: I chose Pikachu/Oshawott and have yet to beat the game because I'm addicted to finding different magnagates lol

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
PMD Rescue Team: I don't really remember, but I think I'm Pikachu
PMD Explorers: Totodile & Torchic
PMD Gates To Infinity: Axew & Pikachu

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
Years
in Red Rescue Team I turned out to be Chikorita ♀ and in Explorers of Sky I was a Treecko ♀ :D which was great because Treecko is one of my favourite Pokémon

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
The first time i played PMD was in the red/blue versions, i was a charmander and my partner was eather mudkip or pikachu. Once the game was beaten i played as all the other possible charecters you could be. Just resently i was a machop. In time/darkness/sky i was always a riolu and mudkip. For gates i was a pikachu and my partner was axew.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
When I got Mystery Dungeon Red Team, I did the test honestly and got Charmander (Brave.) I did not want Charmander. I wanted to be Cyndaquil, and because I had no internet access, I just redid the test over and over. I got all the starters plus some others.. Except Cyndaquil. I gave in and manipulated the test to get Eevee. I quit shortly after I chose Eevee because it wasn't getting good moves and I chose an unfitting partner (Bulbasaur.) So I restarted and did Skitty with my partner as Pikachu. Only later did I find out Cyndaquil was for males only.. What the hell is that ****? And Eevee is female only? Boo!

Later, I got Explorers of Time. I wanted to be Shinx initially, until reading that I had to choose a male (boo!) to be one. I wanted to be a girl. So I just took the test honestly and ended with Vulpix. I like Vulpix, so I went with it. I chose Shix for my partner. Awesome, awesome game.

I honestly just don't understand why there were gender specific Pokemon choices. Eevees can be boys and Riolus can be girls. There were natures they didn't use in the quiz that they easily could have, so people could choose their Pokemon gender with an equal chance to get a Pokemon they want.

I don't have a 3DS yet, but the 3DS Mystery dungeon looks crap anyways.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I think the coolest result I got was in Red Rescue Team. I was a Cubone, which was pretty awesome. I chose Pikachu for my partner and I played the game with those two up until I lost it.

Next, in Explorers of Darkness, I'm pretty sure I got a Cyndaquil my first time. My partner then was a Treecko. I'm not one hundred percent sure that's right though because I know I played through it a bunch of times. At least once I legitimately took the personality test, and the rest of the time I just picked out the Pokemon I wanted and used it.

Back