• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
Yeah, the lack of sand Castform has always bothered me. Weather Ball takes advantage of sandstorms but Castform doesn't?

Also, the official Pokémon Facebook page is reminding us the reveal tomorrow. I forgot but, due to time zones, Pokémon Smash actually happens tonight in the US, am I right?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yeah, the lack of sand Castform has always bothered me. Weather Ball takes advantage of sandstorms but Castform doesn't?

Also, the official Pokémon Facebook page is reminding us the reveal tomorrow. I forgot but, due to time zones, Pokémon Smash actually happens tonight in the US, am I right?
Yeah, I found it odd. I remember going to the desert in Hoenn to see if it it's weather ball even had a change, and it did but it's body didn't...

Sadly it's tomorrow, it starts at 3:30 pm Saturday Pacific Standard time (I even googled it to double check) for us in the US, and it starts at 7:30 in the morning Sunday for Japan.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Even still, the "No Pokemon has gotten any form changes outside of their original generation" is still technically correct. There were alternate forms of Unown in the Pokemon movies that have never made thier debute in the games as of yet, but the character talking about them said they take many different forms, even some that aren't yet discovered. While this doesn't specifically say there are more but there were too many already to add more, it was confimation that more forms existed that weren't in the game. So even with Unown getting ? and ! in Gen 3, they were made/revealed in Generation 2.

As for Pichu, it is not, has never been, never will be an alternate form. Its a special edition Pokemon. Similar to the special move ones given away and the "Pikachu colored Pichu" that was part of the Spiky Ear'd Pichu event. Spike Ear'd Pichu is also cataloged as a "Shiny" variant rather than a form change by officials.

Furthermore, no Legendary has ever received Form changes as of yet. Many were rumored, but none ever have. We'll see if mewtwo form is real this coming Saturday. If they don't reveal the new form then it was a fake.

Also...A lot of people have come up saying that the poster was in fact posted originally on April 1st.

So we have a lot of conflicting info popping up.

Fake until proven real, only way to look at it. This way you can't get your hopes up and dashed if its fake.

By no legend getting a new form you mean like an evolution right? If you mean alternate forms then that would be wrong. Also saturday doesn't necesarily prove it wrong, when coro coro comes out this month it will prove or disprove it. @gary's Ho-Oh: almost all gen 5 pokemon were hated at first, with people saying they were un original, when the game came out though they got over it so it doesn't matter to nintendo what the initial thought is on the pokemon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
@zoroarkrules25: I was one of those people who weren't all that crazy with the Gen V Pokémon during prerelease so I know. I may still be iffy on the designs of some of the Gen V Pokémon but I have no grudge on them otherwise now. I know people will get over the Mewtwo form thing eventually (I'm starting to think it's real now since it's been 2 days and no one can official say it's fake and that nobody has stepped in and say they are the creator) but I haven't seen this much rage from the Internet since the announcement that Bayonetta 2 will be a Wii U exclusive.

Years
Yeah, I think there's more rage now than when Trubish and it's evolution were announced...I remember those two as being some of the most hated Pokémon of gen V (I was disappointed myself but I didn't hate it with a passion). Hopefully people will get use to this generation's more disappointing Pokémon too.

If Mewtwo isn't getting new formes than what could those shapes below it in the site from before be for?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
By no legend getting a new form you mean like an evolution right? If you mean alternate forms then that would be wrong. Also saturday doesn't necesarily prove it wrong, when coro coro comes out this month it will prove or disprove it.

No legend evolves and no Legend has an alternate form that was never introduced in the same generation. There is no Legendary Pokemon that has an alternate form that was introduced outside of its initial release.

Deoxys, the first Pokemon with a Form Change was based on game cart for the 3rd Gen titles. Attack for Fire Red, Defense for Leaf Green, Speed for Emerald, and Normal form in both Ruby and Sapphire.

Next Legend(s) with new forms are Giratina and Shaymin. Both were introduced in D/P and both got new forms in Platinum which was part of the same generation.

Meloetta received her Alternate form in the same game she was supposed to be revealed in though she was released fairly late.

Last Legendaries to receive new forms are the Kami Trio, Kyurem, and Keldeo. All three were still part of Generation 5 games when they were both introduced and received a new form.

And yes Saturday will prove it wrong or right. International news is being posted. What ever appears on Smash will be the focus of CoroCoro the next week since it will also be on the Pokemon main websites. CoroCoro doesn't give off more info than the main websites and the main websites always give the info of CoroCoro within the same release. Since this release is a week before CoroCoro the news will all pretty much coincide with one another. They'll give a view of the new Pokemon on Smash, Saturday's international update will give a little more info, and CoroCoro will give the Japanese populace the same info. Same thing happened with Sylveon.

Years
Could it be possible that the official site may include bonus news apart from the new Pokémon, such as saying the typing of the mascots? I hope that they do so, that way we can get some closure on what Xerneas' typing is...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Could it be possible that the official site may include bonus news apart from the new Pokémon, such as saying the typing of the mascots? I hope that they do so that we can get some closure on what Xerneas' typing is...

Its very well possible. If we get more than just the new Pokemon, expect a big issue of CoroCoro too.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
A fusion of the three Unova dragons wouldn't be a Kyurem form, simply because the original dragon is not Kyurem... Kyurem itself, however, is a constituent of the original dragon.

The DNA Splicers are one of the big mysteries of Pokémon IMO... The games never clarified Kyurem's origin or what the items were originally supposed to do. We do know Kyurem was part of the original dragon, though, because Ghetsis mentions it. However, all evidence to me points out that the splicer fusions are artificial, possibly ways devised by humans to rebuild the original dragon, but they're a failure since they can't fuse all three, nor can they fuse Reshiram with Zekrom. The only reason they work on Kyurem is because Kyurem is a husk, a leftover, the embodiment of a void, which is then filled by one of the opposing dragons, but the husk is not strong enough to contain both Reshiram and Zekrom, hence a three-way fusion is impossible.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
A fusion of the three Unova dragons wouldn't be a Kyurem form, simply because the original dragon is not Kyurem... Kyurem itself, however, is a constituent of the original dragon.

The DNA Splicers are one of the big mysteries of Pokémon IMO... The games never clarified Kyurem's origin or what the items were originally supposed to do. We do know Kyurem was part of the original dragon, though, because Ghetsis mentions it. However, all evidence to me points out that the splicer fusions are artificial, possibly ways devised by humans to rebuild the original dragon, but they're a failure since they can't fuse all three, nor can they fuse Reshiram with Zekrom. The only reason they work on Kyurem is because Kyurem is a husk, a leftover, the embodiment of a void, which is then filled by one of the opposing dragons, but the husk is not strong enough to contain both Reshiram and Zekrom, hence a three-way fusion is impossible.

We actually don't know if Kyurem is part of the Original Dragon and may never know. Ghetsis says he is, but there is so many conflicting data from first and second games that each may not have been proof read as thoroughly to not have inconsistencies. Kyurem is capable of fusing with EITHER Zekrom or Rehsiram, not both. If he is the remains of the original then the power should still be able to be reabsorbed back into the original body. It still states that the dragon split itself equally into two Pokemon.

Even in their world, Ghetsis could have made a mistake with gathering his information. That would be a cause for the inconsistencies to exist and it would show that Gamefreak did it on purpose. There are many mysteries in the Pokemon World. Majority of them revolve around Legendary Pokemon.

If Reshiram and Zekrom wanted to fuse together they could if Gamefreak allowed and would push even more inconsistencies into the fray. They would also perfectly balance one another as Yin and Yang are 2 halves to balance. They are all that's needed to create balance. There are still too much incomplete information that Gamefreak will never clarify until they feel the need to do so. All we have is Fan made assumptions to believe or disbelieve.

The chance they fix this in Gen 6 is pretty much non-existent. DNA Splicers are pretty much going to keep the same effect they have based on how the Gracidia and Grieous Orb kept their functions the exact same.

Years
Unless they start introducing in game updates to older Key items such as a former Plasma scientist (Corless?) has found a way to perfect the DNA splicers after you get them and it to him...which I don't think they'll do. Most likely if they wanted to create a three way or a fusion of Zekrom and Reshiram they'll make a new item. Also the very nature of the item is unknown...who's to say that the brothers (or was it their kids?) didn't make them as a way to fix their mistake which caused the dragon to split into two, yet their attempt failed, after all the Splicers are said to be ancient technology.

Anyways do you guys think we'll start getting more Pokémon revealed occasionally after this reveal, or do you think we'll go back into the same news drought we've had after Sylveon?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
I say there's a 50/50 chance that it will either have a post-Sylveon drought again or start slowly make occasional reveals. If it's the former, then after the end of that drought it will be occasional reveals.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
@zoroarkrules25: I was one of those people who weren't all that crazy with the Gen V Pokémon during prerelease so I know. I may still be iffy on the designs of some of the Gen V Pokémon but I have no grudge on them otherwise now. I know people will get over the Mewtwo form thing eventually (I'm starting to think it's real now since it's been 2 days and no one can official say it's fake and that nobody has stepped in and say they are the creator) but I haven't seen this much rage from the Internet since the announcement that Bayonetta 2 will be a Wii U exclusive.

That is true, i have also come to notice that often the hated fakemon are actual pokemon. We most likely would have herd from the creator as you said by now and i believe that it is real because the only thing people said was wrong with it, was that it was the same as the first poster but we clearly saw with kelado's that nintendo is a bit lazy to change the poster just because a new form of the movie's mascot is announced.

No legend evolves and no Legend has an alternate form that was never introduced in the same generation. There is no Legendary Pokemon that has an alternate form that was introduced outside of its initial release.

Deoxys, the first Pokemon with a Form Change was based on game cart for the 3rd Gen titles. Attack for Fire Red, Defense for Leaf Green, Speed for Emerald, and Normal form in both Ruby and Sapphire.

Next Legend(s) with new forms are Giratina and Shaymin. Both were introduced in D/P and both got new forms in Platinum which was part of the same generation.

Meloetta received her Alternate form in the same game she was supposed to be revealed in though she was released fairly late.

Last Legendaries to receive new forms are the Kami Trio, Kyurem, and Keldeo. All three were still part of Generation 5 games when they were both introduced and received a new form.

And yes Saturday will prove it wrong or right. International news is being posted. What ever appears on Smash will be the focus of CoroCoro the next week since it will also be on the Pokemon main websites. CoroCoro doesn't give off more info than the main websites and the main websites always give the info of CoroCoro within the same release. Since this release is a week before CoroCoro the news will all pretty much coincide with one another. They'll give a view of the new Pokemon on Smash, Saturday's international update will give a little more info, and CoroCoro will give the Japanese populace the same info. Same thing happened with Sylveon.

Yes, i know that all pokemon get new forms in their own gen which is why a few pages back i said it would constitute a big announcement if one got a new form out of it's gen. Also coro coro has given different info then smash has in a week before, so it could happen again.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im kind of expecting a news drought after this reveal, whatever it is. The first couple months have been kinda slow, so I dont see many reveals around the same time happening until it gets a bit later, like during the summer, then I see us getting more tidbits of info outside of just CoroCoro.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If anything, they'll ramp up the info in the month leading to release. Otherwise, I can't predict. Maybe three months before they'll post more screenshots and another trailer.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yes, i know that all pokemon get new forms in their own gen which is why a few pages back i said it would constitute a big announcement if one got a new form out of it's gen. Also coro coro has given different info then smash has in a week before, so it could happen again.

All of the info we have received from CoroCoro has been posted either on the Main Pokemon Site first or airs on Smash. Barely anything relating to Generation 6 has been different between the three sources. Even with Sylveon. We got Main Site Info, CoroCoro and then Smash in which case Smash showed us only what we already knew. Same has happened in reverse when Smash first aired Pokemon X and Y info before CoroCoro after the International news segment.

I'm not comparing this to what happened with Black and White. I'm not comparing this to what happened with Black 2 and White 2. So far, all three medias give us the exact same info as far as Pokemon X and Y are concerned and none of the three have ever introduced information that was not shared with the other two.

Therefore what ever airs on Smash will be the highlight of CoroCoro Next week. Likewise all the info we get added to Pokemon.com is going to be the bulk of the info we get in CoroCoro. Since the info is so close together this go round, CoroCoro may not even have any news on X and Y at all.

Like Shining Celebi says, there may be another info drought after this Saturday's info depends on how big it is.

Years
The Sylveon announcement was quite small imo, so hopefully it won't be another small one. I'm hoping they show us two new Pokemon instead of one this time aka the video and the Pokemon behind the card are different.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I'm so excited for the Saturday reveal. I hope they'll reveal Sylveon's type honestly, but I'd rather have more new Pokemon revealed or the evolutions to the new starters. It seems that they've been rather unpredictable with their information, though...

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Do you guys think we'll get the same news Tomorrow that we'll get in Coro Coro ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back