• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Rules & Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years

Signatures

To make sure that signatures do not distract viewers and posters alike, should you decide to use a signature please keep the following rules in mind. If after reading these rules, you have any questions about whether your signature follows our rules, you may do so here. If your signature breaches any of the following rules, it will be disabled and a notice will be appended in your signature space. If you continue to break signature rules, you will receive a 1 point infraction (14 day expiry). Images in signatures can have an accumulated limit of 500 pixels in width and 300 pixels in height (500 × 300). The total amount of images you have in your signature cannot exceed that limit. The use of CSS in signatures cannot be used to bypass the latter limit either. A staff member has the right to disable your signature if they feel you are using CSS to bypass the 500 × 300 limit. Text size can be no larger than 5. Your signature cannot contain text in a higher size than 5 - or in CSS, 18pt (24px). There are filesize limitations for images. Your signature images may not exceed 1 megabyte in file size. Large file sizes for images are most commonly seen in large, moving .gif images. To check the size of your images on Windows, save them to a folder, right click, and under the properties tab you will find how large your image in size. Spoiler tags are not permitted in signatures. YouTube videos may not be embedded in signatures. Embedded videos may not be added to your signature. A link, however, to a video you would like to share is permitted so long as it is within the text limits. As before, please refrain from posting any "Thank you!" messages towards any of the staff who tells you your signature is within the limits. The only posts you should make in this thread should be to ask if your signature is allowed / what you plan to add to your signature is allowed; nothing else. Last, but not least, please leave the confirming signatures and questions to members of the staff (i.e. regular members do not reply to users asking about their signatures).

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Oh... so those are the new rules for signatures, eh? Ok.... well is it alright if someone could check my signature to see if the CSS is over the limit? 'Cause I'm worried that the CSS might make it go over the limit.
Thanks!

~Davin

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Oh... so those are the new rules for signatures, eh? Ok.... well is it alright if someone could check my signature to see if the CSS is over the limit? 'Cause I'm worried that the CSS might make it go over the limit.
Thanks!

~Davin
CSS is fine. Spoiler tag needs to be removed, however.

Checking that mine is ok?
Afraid not. Your text in your signature exceeds the 600 width cap (500 for image, 100 for text).

Last edited by a moderator:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Awww... this means I can't use my massive 3 MB sigs anymore. Oh well, I guess it's better this way.
Can we still use the hovering over text to get more text thing?

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
Years
Is my type of signature okay with the new rules?
Megas's B/W Wifi battles bla bla bla with added text of my FC and stuff.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I don't quite understand the CSS bypass part? Does that apply to CSS using bg with a picture or CSS as a whole?

Anyways, I would like my signature checked for the new standards.

Melody

Banned
Years
Yeah, I'm a bit confused. Can you use additional images if you use a CSS background image property that's 500x300, and all of your additional images fit well inside of that element?

Checking mine against new rules though I suspect it fits them too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Awww... this means I can't use my massive 3 MB sigs anymore. Oh well, I guess it's better this way.
Can we still use the hovering over text to get more text thing?
So long as it doesn't bypass the limit, which it wouldn't.

Is my type of signature okay with the new rules?
Megas's B/W Wifi battles bla bla bla with added text of my FC and stuff.
Yes.

AdvancedK47 and Pachy, Hiiro is replying to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't quite understand the CSS bypass part? Does that apply to CSS using bg with a picture or CSS as a whole?

Anyways, I would like my signature checked for the new standards.
For instance, your signature would be exceeding the limits. When you're using CSS with images, they cannot be used to bypass the 500 x 300 limit like they'be been done in the past. This would also apply to scrollboxes.

Yeah, I'm a bit confused. Can you use additional images if you use a CSS background image property that's 500x300, and all of your additional images fit well inside of that element?

Checking mine against new rules though I suspect it fits them too.
If the image is within the image, then that's fine as far as I'm picturing it. But side by side, or on top of each other, they cannot bypass the image size limit.

Your signature fits by the way. Except, your music box-thing is like 4 pixels above the height limit. XD;

edit: Details about text within signatures have been recently altered by the way.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
Years
Umm...I need clarification. How is it possible that my music box is 4px too tall when there are no regulations about that tag specifically and my background image is 400x300px?

The entire signature fits within a 500x300 space, is that not acceptable?

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
Years
Is mine okay? Doesn't the border make it slightly too tall? I know the image itself is 400x300 pixels, but I haven't checked if the border makes it any bigger.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Umm...I need clarification. How is it possible that my music box is 4px too tall when there are no regulations about that tag specifically and my background image is 400x300px?

The entire signature fits within a 500x300 space, is that not acceptable?
Your signature's fine. Music and all.

Is mine okay? Doesn't the border make it slightly too tall? I know the image itself is 400x300 pixels, but I haven't checked if the border makes it any bigger.
It's fine.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
Is mine okay? I took a lot of time designing this sig and I don't want to find out it's unacceptable.

Also, I plan on joining a few challenges in the future; how much space will I have for signature bars?

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Why are you getting rid of the spoiler tags? It was a great way to reduce the post sizes.

Can you see if my signature is okay (disregarding the spoiler tags, of course)?

txteclipse

The Last
Years
For some reason I have a 100 kilobyte image size restriction when it comes to my signature.

EDIT: And now that I've checked, it seems this limit is exclusive to me. What's going on?

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Is mine okay? I took a lot of time designing this sig and I don't want to find out it's unacceptable.

Also, I plan on joining a few challenges in the future; how much space will I have for signature bars?
Currently, your signature is okay. Your size is 498 x 241, so you only have 2 pixels left for image size in length and 59 pixels left for width. So, I'd say you don't have too much room for signature bars right now. :\

Would mine be ok? And, if I were to use a overflow:auto CSS property when I CSS my sig, would that be allowed? Just wanted to be clear- as I got an infraction for having my signatures closed too many times.
Your signature is also fine. So long as you don't use CSS to bypass the 500x300 pixel limit, then you're fine.

Why are you getting rid of the spoiler tags? It was a great way to reduce the post sizes.

Can you see if my signature is okay (disregarding the spoiler tags, of course)?
Spoilers were removed because they got annoying to some and made it hard to check if a signature was within the limits or not. Even if it was in a spoiler tag, that did not exclude it from the limits. Right now, yours is actually 202 pixels too high.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
Is mine okay? ._.; I just noticed PC had new signiture rules this morning. So I need to make sure. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back