• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Starter

Who Is Your Favorite Starter?

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Charmander

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Chikarita

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Totodile

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Treeko

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Torchic

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Mudkip

• Turtwig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Piplup

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Snivy

• Tepig

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

NixChill

Who Ya Callin' Pinhead?
Years
whos your favorite starter and why?

for me,even thought i have a charmander avatar,its cyndaquil. it has very nice design and best evolution line! plus its the starter for johto, my favorite region!

Last edited:
Years
Oshawott for obvious reasons, it's cuteness, awesomeness and versatility all in one package!

Not to mention I love its personality in the anime!

tumblr_m95y0npwXK1r33a1p.png

No wonder I picked it as my starter in Black and I plan to do so again in B2/W2.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Figured I would be the only one to choose Tepig. ;___; Guys come on he's adorable!!

Sirfetch’d

Squirtle holds that special place because it was my first poke. But I would much rather have torchic on my team.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Even though I like most, if not all of the Fire and Water starters, I like Mudkip the most because it's my first starter Pokemon ever.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I like Torchic over all of them, since Blaziken is one of my most favorite pokemon. I found Blaziken fairly easy to use and liked Blaziken since its appearance in Silver Conference. So I like it for the line more so specifically the basic stage. Coolest one though is Squirtle which is my second fav.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Totodile. It has a scary side, but it's so cute at the same time. And I'll never forget my Totodile from Silver version.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
This is hard for me.
I voted Squirtle, because ultimately it probably is my favorite.
Cyndaquil and Chikorita are close seconds though. Chikorita was my favorite starter when I was little and owned crystal version (technically the first game I owned) and Cyndaquil because I love how it and it's evolutions look.

Years
Hard choice between Bulbasaur and Chikorita.
Went for Bulbasaur in the end, who doesn't like Sleep powder+Leech seed ;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
For me it's Mudkip and it's evolutionary line. Granted Totodile and Squirtle follow closely I love Mudkip so much because its final evolved form utterly destroyed everything it came into contact with for me making my battles oh so much easier, the carnage was breathtaking to say the very least lol.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Figured I would be the only one to choose Tepig. ;___; Guys come on he's adorable!!

He's also useless! I always choose the Fire-starter on my first playthrough of a new game and B/W was the first time I ever regretted that decision. Emboar is as useless as a condom machine in the Vatican.

My vote went with Charmander, of course. It was a tie between all three first-gen starters plus Cyndaquil and Chikorita, but in the end I went with Charmander for no other reason than he's Charmander and whatcha gonna do about it. He evolves into Charizard. Nuff said.

Also, he was my first ever starter and I think we all hold a special place in our hearts for those :P.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
...Chikorita...I bet that's what you'll prolly expect, and you'll be friggen correct. It moveset is kinda...effy up into it learns Magical Leaf, but I'm bias and this is my favorite starter...Mudkip is my second favorite starter then Cyndaquil comes in third. And finally Snivy.

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeeeeekooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Oh right, I have to say other stuff
>It introduced leaf blade
>It's design and evolutions are so awesome
>Grovyle is so bad*** in PMD2
>Possibly is the best choice in a Pokemon R/S/E run
>Geckos are awesome

Back