• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
People go long periods without updating all the time. I know Syd will go long intervals without an update. Only a few of us do stuff like weekly updates, so don't expect it everywhere.

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
oh my god really

like really

http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=15167

no excuse now come on

I update them whenever I feel like. Trying to get better at keeping them updated though, especially events so that I don't have to back track. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go do girl things like have a period.
I do recall on one of the info pages, you used a male pronoun when referring to yourself, but looking back at the Challenge info threads, I see that it was either changed, or I was dreaming when I saw it. ...Admittedly, at first I figured that you preferred male pronouns when I saw it on that thread, but that blog actually cleared up some of my confusion...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I would figure that those threads being written in 2010 or 2011 and my gender being currently set to female in 2013 would mean "I guess she changed her mind?" lol :(

I gotta go cuddle some puppies brb.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Syddy being too cute to be a guy^^. Seriously, don't worry about it, we know who you are, and we love you that way ;D.

I beat my Crystal run. Arbok was my best team member, Machoke and Hitmonchan just suck, Poliwrath was also pretty good xp.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I get confused between every mods! :[

But that's like saying you confuse people in general. idk how you can confuse mods when I'm probably the only one that posts in here, other than Mac twice on this page lol. We all have different names...but oh well.

I am reluctant to start my random challenge. lol

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I guess it's the 'Syd' part that keeps making me think you're a guy :[
I'll try to keep in mind that you're a dudette.

And btw, I don't know if this is still early, but would a Saint-Patrick's day event challenge be cool?

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
From what I know, there is not going to be an event challenge this month. We just had one last month so Sydian wants to have a little time between them. I am glad, personally. If we had another event so soon it surely would have eaten up the time I spend on challenges, just like the Valentines day one did. I am glad to have some time again where I can just focus on my normal challenges.

Also, my German Soul Silver is on its way now! I plan on using it to continue my Ultimate Bug Monotype. Should be interesting reading all those Pokemon names in German.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
We had a St. Patrick's event in 2011 (first challenge event) and we're already about a week into March, so obviously there isn't an event for St. Patrick's Day. I always start events at the beginning of the month, so if there isn't one by then, there won't be one later in the middle of the month. The next known event is in August. idk if I'll have anything in between.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Aww, alright :(

I just loved the Valentine's challenge, you put so much effort into it and the requirements for each Pokemon were just really great. That's why I'm pretty much hyped for the next challenge you'll make, they're just so great :C

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't know if it's only the mods that are allowed to make events, but if everyone is allowed to make one, you should totally do your challenge Golurk, I'm pretty sure it would be a real hit like the love in the Cloud challenge.

Years
Hm well first we need to see if my idea would garner interest.

My idea was it'd be an Egg Challenge

Where you breed a bunch of eggs of different pokemon, and then pick 6 and trade them over, or hack in six eggs (or if either of those are too complicated, then the second part works fine). never mind that makes things too difficult. (or it could be a bonus rule? Bah.)

One pokemon would be the Sunny Side Up Pokemon which would always have to be the first pokemon in your party, or the highest leveled or something.

Another would be the Chocolate Egg Pokemon, and it would just have to know three cutesy moves (like charm, or attract or actually maybe just a move that is a "cute" contest move)

There would also be the Omelet Pokemon which would have to know an egg related move like soft-boiled or egg bomb, and wouldn't be allowed to have two moves of the same type.

Next there would be a Hard Boiled Pokemon which would have to be egg shaped, (so azumarill, chansey, elekid, exeggcutor...) and could only use physical attacking moves

Also you'd have a Scrambled Egg Pokemon which would have to learn 3 supporting moves, and all moves would have to be of different types.

And lastly would be the Deviled Egg Pokemon which would have to know 3 "evil moves" like Nasty Plot, Beat Up, Confuse Ray, Trick, Toxic.... (or even energy draining moves) and had to be Dark, Ghost, Poison or Bug (and maybe Fire?)

Sound interesting?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Easter is this month though and we're not having one this month. April is bad too. While some schools have finals in May, some have them in April, like mine. And I wouldn't be able to give the thread and event in general my full attention. I'm fine with suggestions from members, but the event would still need me. lol So don't count on an April or May challenge. ;( Nothing wrong with your idea, it's just unfortunate Easter falls this time of the year to where an event for it would get in the way with a lot of peoples' school work, especially those of us in college/uni or any high school seniors we may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back