• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Apple unveils two new iPhones & iOS 7

First impressions: Your thoughts?

• Total voters
Years
My overall reaction to the new phones: Meh.

Do I want one? Yes. Simply because it's an upgrade from my 4S (which I can't get because I can't upgrade for about a year), but it's nothing mind blowing. The fingerprint scanner is really cool, but overall, the 5S is just a 5 with a better processor (which is definitely a good thing, but not exactly innovative). If they were going for "affordable" with the 5C, they failed. Off contract $300 or $400 is "affordable", not $550.

My reaction to iOS 7: Awesome. Fantastic. Best iOS yet. I installed the GM version a few days ago and I love it. The design is sleek and appealing, and the new features are great. The major reason I jailbroke previous iOS versions was to add options that are now available in the control center (quick toggles for WiFi, Airplane Mode, Flashlight, full music control, etc). Dynamic Wallpapers are a great feature, but should have been added a long time ago. Unlimited folder space is another thing that should have been added a long time ago, but I'm glad it was finally included. Overall, I'm super happy with iOS 7 and I think Apple did a great job with it.

TL;DR New iPhones? Meh. iOS 7? Awesome.

I kind of got this vibe too. I love how iOS 7 looks and feels, but what I saw from the phones didn't really grab my attention like they did in the past. And I can't look at the 5c now without picturing the Window's phone, which probably isn't good for Apple, unless I'm the only one who thought that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I can look at the 5C without picturing windows phone...sometimes. The Nokia mock-dvert didn't help though.

yes, I did just create a new word. Deal with it.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
They really dropped the ball with the new iPhones. Hopefully people like iOS 7... otherwise who knows?

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
They really dropped the ball with the new iPhones. Hopefully people like iOS 7... otherwise who knows?

iOs 7 is their only selling point right now, or at least that's how I feel. I don't know about Apple-drones honestly.

Last edited:

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
IOS7 Update.

How do you feel about the update so far? Have you found anything cool that you want to share? Is it too big of a change?

I feel that it's gonna take a while getting used to it. But it seems like it's pretty cool.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I only have 2GB of data free on my phone and I need 2.9GB, so frankly I'm not liking the update too well.

blue

gucci
Years
Oh goodness the trouble I'm having with installing this for my iPad, I've attempted three times now but it just keeps giving me errors. Part of me thinks that it's down to the fact that millions of other users are installing it simultaneously, but I'll keep trying!

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
For anyone who can't download it, here's what the home screen. looks like right now.
Spoiler:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Oh goodness the trouble I'm having with installing this for my iPad, I've attempted three times now but it just keeps giving me errors. Part of me thinks that it's down to the fact that millions of other users are installing it simultaneously, but I'll keep trying!
If you haven't done it already, try updating it through iTunes on your computer. I finally got mine to work that way after getting a ton of failure messages earlier today.

So far I'm really liking the update a lot though. It's like having a new iPad all over again. When Apple for unveiled iOS 7 I thought it looked really feminine and the new stylized icons seems like a downgrade. However, once I got passed the aesthetics, the new features are what stood out the most. It's going to take a little getting used to, but I'm pretty excited about it and am already playing around with it trying to get used to the new changes.

Years
I made the mistake of downloading the update right around 2 PM when everyone else was. @__@ That coupled with my college's horrible wi-fi, meant that it didn't finish until twenty minutes ago. But it is gorgeous, I love it.

Years
iOS 7 actually looks pretty good from an aesthetic point of view. I heard that some features have been changed for the better as well.

Still sticking to my Note II though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I have it, and I absolutely love it. It's fresh, and I love how colorful it is. It took literally like 7 hours to download though. I started it yesterday afternoon and got it this morning at like 3am lmao. Crappy college wifi. I think it was worth it though.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've recently downloaded iOS7 on my iPad and I can strongly say that I LOVE it. The interface has huge differences in terms of features and design as compared to the previous iOSes. It is much cleaner and simpler (have I mentioned before that I love simplicity?) and better looking than the previous iOSes. Despite all these drastic changes, the interface is as user friendly as ever and maintains the functions it used to have in the previous iOS. Well, it's just simply beautiful. What more can I ask for?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Our wi-fi has been a bit nonfunctional for the past few days, and my iPhone doesn't have a data plan either, so unfortunately, I was unable to install this update. I will have it installed as soon as we get our wi-fi fixed, though! I've seen a few videos of iOS7 on YouTube, and it looks extremely beautiful. It's pretty sleek, and I just love how touch-friendly it is. If they plan to make their OS X look similar to this in the future, then I'll be very happy. (:

Last edited:

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I do agree that Apple needs to make a new version of the iPhone that doesn't just change ONE or TWO things. A redesign doesn't count either. If they just change a few things, they shouldn't release a new version every year/half year. It's marketing, sure, but eventually people (if they aren't already) will catch on and move on to something else. I got the iPhone 4 last year and I have NO intentions of upgrading. The only reason I will is due to forcing to upgrade.

As for iOS 7, I like the lock screen. I like the font they used and it's just overall smooth and simple. The rest is simple yes, but the least they could have done was add black borders or a darker grey background. It's just...so white. The notepad is white. No black lines or anything. To me, it feels like we're going backwards in technology. We could do that years ago. I definitely liked iOS 6 better.

Back