• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Personally I don't like the shadowing, it makes it harder to read. but thats just me. The shadow makes it contrast less so I have to think harder to read it. And I don't like thinking. It may just be like that on the uploaded images due to some quality loss though, so I will wait till an official release before coming to a conclusion on your font.

Its looking great BTW. Huge fan.
The shadow is done so it resembles D/P/Pt/HG/SS more and, well, I personally think it helps.
AMAZING GAME!!!!! keep going ;)
Pretty generic, but OK, thanks.

pikachux2

Never Evolve
Years
in the begginig when prof.oak asks if youre a boy or a girl i pick boy and the sprite is a square with the heros pallette colors and when i walk downstairs to get out of my house the house movement permissions are messed up so i cant get out.... :)

Sierraffinity

Years
in the begginig when prof.oak asks if youre a boy or a girl i pick boy and the sprite is a square with the heros pallette colors and when i walk downstairs to get out of my house the house movement permissions are messed up so i cant get out.... :)
You must have either patched it wrong or patched it to the wrong game. Patch the IPS file using Lips to a US FireRed V1.0 ROM.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Updates - 4/21/2010

The revamp of the areas found in B2 are around 50% done, with Vantrek City being about 98% done! Sorry it's not closer than that, but numerous glitches with my computer (this post has had to have been restarted about, maybe, 10 times) have stopped me from working much. Now, though, I'm getting a new computer!!!!
Awesome, right?

By the way, B3 Alpha (Preview) is ready to be beta-tested! Testers, please PM me your email address (and some proof that you work for my team, be it in link form or referencing back to an old VM or PM, but no copy/paste of conversations) for me to give you a link to the ~48% done B3 Alpha (AKA B2 Redux)!

How about I not keep you away from the screenshots any longer, and just show them to you now? Would you like that?

shiningopalprofgaryrout.png
shiningopalpokemoncente.png
shiningopalcolbyencount.png

shiningopalguidegent.png
shiningopaljimgai.png
shiningopalburtsbigeats.png

Tell me a change that I made throughout the course of taking this set of screenshots and you win a... cookie. :P
Anyways, tell me your opinions on the new updates!

These updates are great! And I really enjoyed beta testing the game. Can't wait for the full release. ^_^

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
It's been a while diegoisawesome, and I'm getting a feeling that
the next Update is coming.

Anyways, you've put a lot of work on this one and all I can say is
Good Luck and keep up the good work! I'll be supporting this hack! :D

Sierraffinity

Years
These updates are great! And I really enjoyed beta testing the game. Can't wait for the full release. ^_^
Thanks! Sadly, the full release won't come out for a while (due to Shining Opal's being on pause), but as soon as I finish the project I'm working on, Shining Opal will once again be worked on.
It's been a while diegoisawesome, and I'm getting a feeling that
the next Update is coming.

Anyways, you've put a lot of work on this one and all I can say is
Good Luck and keep up the good work! I'll be supporting this hack! :D
Hmm.. It appears that your feeling is wrong. :\ As I said above, Shining Opal is on pause for a while, and isn't being worked on for now.

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
Hmm.. It appears that your feeling is wrong. :\ As I said above, Shining Opal is on pause for a while, and isn't being worked on for now.

It's sad to see that the progress has been paused.

Anyways, I hope that you'll have new ideas for this Hack!

Good luck on the project your working on.

I hope you'll resume work soon on Shining Opal Mr. diegoisawesome! :D

pikachux2

Never Evolve
Years
ooo yes i did patch wrong i patched over another hack... it is very good but the name Mikachu??? maybe you should think of changing the name

Sierraffinity

Years
It's sad to see that the progress has been paused.

Anyways, I hope that you'll have new ideas for this Hack!

Good luck on the project your working on.

I hope you'll resume work soon on Shining Opal Mr. diegoisawesome! :D
Work on Shining Opal is expected (not definitely) to start on or near the beginning of school (probably later) which is close to the end of August.
ooo yes i did patch wrong i patched over another hack... it is very good but the name Mikachu??? maybe you should think of changing the name
No wonder!
And I did think of some other names before, but Mewkachu and Pikamew are both taken by another game. :(

Last edited:

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
Three cheers for generic splice names! xD
This looks like an awesome game. While I, too, disagree with the name 'Mikachu', I can't think of anything better, either. Knowing that Beta 3 won't play from the same file as Beta 2 is actually kind of a relief.... It means one less of the 15 or so hacks I have to try to finish without losing track of my progress, the story, which Pokémon are in my party in which game, etc. etc. etc. xD
By the way, if you want some help with sprites, PM me. I might be able to find some spare time (although with college being out for a few weeks, I might not have much internet access) to do new overworlds or maybe some fake Pokémon for you.
Cheers!

Mcguinness3

AnimeFreak and Pokélover.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Hey, i've been testing games, reading and generally just standing by the pokecommunity sidelines for about a year now, maybe more. But heres my first post :).

Loved the game, was sad when i got to the end :(

Only found 2 bugs.
1. Very minor, but the female assistant in the prof.'s lab is missing the "p" from the first line when she says something about the professor.
2. Not sure when this took place, but after reaching the end of the hack (City with the 3rd gym) I went back to the town with the first gym in it and the police dude was gone, he would still do the event to send me back unless you walk directly through him which then i could see the unfinished block :P

Good luck with you hack! Loving it so far!

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
Pokemon Shining Opal is a good quality game and please hurry on Crystal Dust so you can start working on it again.

Sierraffinity

Years
Three cheers for generic splice names! xD
This looks like an awesome game. While I, too, disagree with the name 'Mikachu', I can't think of anything better, either. Knowing that Beta 3 won't play from the same file as Beta 2 is actually kind of a relief.... It means one less of the 15 or so hacks I have to try to finish without losing track of my progress, the story, which Pokémon are in my party in which game, etc. etc. etc. xD
By the way, if you want some help with sprites, PM me. I might be able to find some spare time (although with college being out for a few weeks, I might not have much internet access) to do new overworlds or maybe some fake Pokémon for you.
Cheers!
Hm, I'd like to see what you can do. Maybe you could PM me with some PoW (Proof of Work).
Hey, i've been testing games, reading and generally just standing by the pokecommunity sidelines for about a year now, maybe more. But heres my first post :).

Loved the game, was sad when i got to the end :(

Only found 2 bugs.
1. Very minor, but the female assistant in the prof.'s lab is missing the "p" from the first line when she says something about the professor.
2. Not sure when this took place, but after reaching the end of the hack (City with the 3rd gym) I went back to the town with the first gym in it and the police dude was gone, he would still do the event to send me back unless you walk directly through him which then i could see the unfinished block :P

Good luck with you hack! Loving it so far!
Hm, probably has something to do with a mis-set flag. B3 is completely different and will be (I hope) bug-free.
And the text bug? Not a problem, also for the same reason.
...So you completely changed it since the last time you gave me an update, before you started thinking I was ruinin' your life then? Plot sounds a ton different than before.
Yeah, in fact I started over from the beginning. Completely redone.
And, BTW, I'm willing to make up with you. Can you get an MSN name and tell me it so we can talk about this?
I'm still loving the game Diego, one of my favourite hacks on here.
Thanks!
Pokemon Shining Opal is a good quality game and please hurry on Crystal Dust so you can start working on it again.
Pretty generic, but okay, thanks.

Sierraffinity

Years
Yes, I'm still alive... XD
But, jeez, it's becoming really hard to work on Shining Opal. I have no inspiration for places, no ideas popping into my head every five minutes, nothing. I'm trying, but...

Do people even care about this hack anymore?

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
Iv'e been watching your progress since you have started this game. I can see you are a very talented scripter. People do care about this game but its when the producers don't deliver for a long time, people just start losing interest. I think you need someone on your team who can help you with storyline so that youll have a lot of fun scripting on your hands. I now support this hack! Good luck with the Beta 3.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Yes, I'm still alive... XD
But, jeez, it's becoming really hard to work on Shining Opal. I have no inspiration for places, no ideas popping into my head every five minutes, nothing. I'm trying, but...

Do people even care about this hack anymore?

If you've like you can talk to me about your ideas so far and I can help you come up with something.

Back