• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: New Script Editor Ideas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
May I suggest something? PYTHON STYLE. ;)
Code:
flag_name = 0x123 #<- flag number.
flag_name2 = 0x456 #<- a different flag
@entry:
   lock();faceplayer()
   if flag_name:
           do_things();
   elif flag_name2: jump @next_label
   release; end;
Well, lock doesn't and can never have a function parameter, so I don't see why lock has to have () attached to the end. Other than that I fully support that idea.

tinix

PearlShipper & C Programmer
Years
Well, lock doesn't and can never have a function parameter, so I don't see why lock has to have () attached to the end. Other than that I fully support that idea.
It is C-like syntax. Functions always have () appended to them to distinguish them from variables, because you could have variable lock and function lock.

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
This is great^_^ I honestly think that C/C++ would be the best as it help's people who are still learning scripting and programing like my self learn a syntax that is worth knowing hands down... To also lean it while doing something fun is also a big bonus. Pksv was the first script editor I ever used and Honestly the only thing I liked about that was the script generator. It can really take some time out of the many scripts that are repeted countless times when making an extensive mod. Even if you just put in the generator and then let people add their own scripts to it so they still are writing and learning how scripting works. The fact that your implimenting a real decompiler into this has already cought my eye. And don't forget about the Rom Expander in xse that was one this that really came in handy... Can't wait to see the first release though for sure and if you can take over advance map the 1.5beta has been like that forever now and with a new script editor it would be great to see a either updated and revamped mapping tool or a completely new one all together.

Last edited:
Years
Sorry DarkPsychic, but it's against the rules to post in a thread that hasn't been posted in in over a month, unless stated otherwise. Be sure to have a look at the date of a thread's last post before posting. :)

Darthatron, if you want this reopened to add something to the discussion or show some development on a script editor or something along those lines, just contact either DrFuji or myself and we'll reopen it for you.
Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back