• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Research: unLZ numbers

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
This is great and all, but what about people like me who prefer nlz over unlz? Is there even a thread for that?

Last edited:

panosd

Flame wheel makes me dizzy
Years
hey i want the backsprite numbers for pokemon ruby because i am making a new hack

also if anyone wants to help me I want scripters,mapers,sprite editors and a beta tester

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
What's the number and palette of the pokéballs when you are throwing them out in a battle? (In pokémon Emerald)

Last edited:

FirEmerald

Pokemon reverse engineer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
dude, why do you use UnLZ?

Ever heard of GBA Graphics Editor, made by Nintenlord? It's about 1000 times as good as UnLZ. It can use offsets, view images in 16-bit,256-bit,indexed bitmap, and true-color bitmap form. It can display both regular and compressed images, as well as use tileset data and pallet data, and lets you specify the pallet number for 16-bit images.

.parado✗

paranormal user
Years
Well, Ruby, FireRed and Emerald are the most hacked roms.
So it could be nice if you add for Ruby and Firered too, but for some
Emerald Hackers this is useful :)

FirEmerald

Pokemon reverse engineer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
thanks

Well, Ruby, FireRed and Emerald are the most hacked roms.
So it could be nice if you add for Ruby and Firered too, but for some
Emerald Hackers this is useful :)
thnx .parado✗, but I don't have a lot of free time right now, marching band is really busy lately.
I try to do that, though.
It's funny how Emerald has the least GBA hacking tools, yet it's one of the most commonly hacked games, too.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
It's a shame in unLZ and GBA Graphics Editor that you can't find the Emerald Backsprites. Namely Emerald since I can't even figure out how to work GBAGE.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
What's GBAGE?
what is it for?
I believe it stands for GBA graphics editor. Also, UltraNerdtendo64, if you get really stuck, you could always figure them out in VBA-SDHL then edit them using tile molester, or NLZ-GBA (not unlz-gba).

FirEmerald

Pokemon reverse engineer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Wow I'm dumb. I'd tell you how to use it but that's really not easy for me to do.

Back