• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PO ATB Dev Thread

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
What is ATB (Advanced Team Builder)?
The program is written in Python with a Qt GUI (PyQt4).
As it stands PO's Team Builder leaves much to be desired. You have to have countless tabs open while building a team, it's all unorganized, it doesn't come with any pre-made sets (Which some people might see as a good thing, but I see it as you should already have the standard, and the ability to create your own custom). So, I've decided to create a program that will contain just about anything you could need while team building. Damage calculator, synergy dex, pre-made sets, and even a gauge that will calculate just how good your team stacks up against the metagame. It will then save the team you create in the same format that PO reads.

Feature List
- Can Open and Save teams in the program
- Comes with Pre-Made sets for all Pokemon (Probably just OU until a future release)
- The Ability to Add Your Own Sets
- A Super Effective calculating chart
- A Team Efficiency calculator
- Built in threat list
- Damage Calculator (Probably a future release feature)
- Type Chart
- Synergy Pokedex (Probably a future release feature)

Current Releases
None yet.

Credits
None yet, but I will definitely need help on things like the pre-made sets when the time comes, so names will hopefully end up here.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I like
- A Super Effective calculating chart
- A Team Efficiency calculator
- Built in threat list
The most.

But I somewhat feel like...
- Comes with Pre-Made sets for all Pokemon (Probably just OU until a future release)
Could take the fun out of team building, idk, I personally try with my own attack combinations and then check over the sets and go from there. Or if it's optional to choose the most common sets and if you can edit them then I'd prefer that :x (if that even makes sense lol)

Sounds interesting as a whole, though! :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I second what Nica said about the pre-made sets. This takes the fun out of team building because there are people out there who like to experiment with different move sets for the Pokemon they use.

But otherwise, this is a very cool project and I can't wait to see the final thing.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm looking forward to this. Team Building is something I suck badly at, so hopefully I can try and get better using this. :3c I like the idea of getting all the pre-made sets the most, because I usually cannot be bothered to look on Smogon.

The Threat List, Synergy Dex and Team Efficiency calculator are other things I'm mostly looking forward to in the future. Good job, Ooka, cannot wait for a release. :)

Ooka

Years
Sorry, I forgot to list it as a feature xD

Which some people might see as a good thing, but I see it as you should already have the standard, and the ability to create your own custom

In the screenshot, under the dropdown where you would select which set to use, there will be an option called "Create Set". It'll open a new dialogue where you can build a completely custom set. You'll also be able to name and save the set so that later you won't have to build it again (Like PO's box feature in their team builder).

But glad you guys like it. I do plan on releasing it exclusively here so maybe it'll bring in some users (Unless you guys wouldn't want all the traffic).

EDIT: Updated the first post with the new GUI.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Comes with Pre-Made sets for all Pokemon (Probably just OU until a future release)

As long as that's not forcibly implemented (ie you open a mon and it gives you their most used set to begin with) that'd be nice. The other features look really useful, though. Looking forward to a release.

Ooka

Years
The way it's planned to work is you'll select a Pokemon from the dropdown on the left. Then the dropdown on the right will be populated with sets that are already added, with an option to "Create Set" at the top of the dropdown. As you create and save sets they will be added to the dropdown.

Back