• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fake Card Tutorials

Dim

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2010
Why do you need it in PNG?
It's useless. Did u try to use them normally?

リュザキ

Pokemon Detective
Years
I don't see how it would work in png...

Why do you need it in PNG?
It's useless. Did u try to use them normally?

PNG is a lossless bitmap image format, it was designed for use of images on the internet to be better, but I don't even think that it matters anymore.

Edit: Also better background transparency, I use PNG when I make Pop-out Sigs.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
i need Gill Sans Condensed, and the link to the fonts in an earlier post leads to a blank page. i have Gill Sans MT and Gill Sans MT Condensed, but MT is slightly wider than normal and MT Condensed is WAY thinner than the others. the card looks fine with Gill Sans MT turned to bold, but itd be kinda nice to have the accurate font haha

TheShinyMew

Wild Challenger appeared!
Years
HP next. This is Futura LT Medium Bold, size 19, still at 100% width. Have it 5 pixels to the left of the edge of the type symbol, and 5 pixels above the silver image border. Couldn?t be easier ^_^
Where can you download Futura LT Medium Bold at?

PS: I've already got one!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
Could an ink jet printer work well for this? Or would I need to buy a new printer?

Because that would kinda cost like $80-100 to buy a new laser printer and that would be a pain.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Could an ink jet printer work well for this? Or would I need to buy a new printer?

Because that would kinda cost like $80-100 to buy a new laser printer and that would be a pain.

Inkjets work fine, though laser printers have more advantages.

I use an Inkjet for all of my custom cards, but I highly suggest investing in a laser printer if you're wanting to make them as realistic as possible (especially holographic cards). Either way, don't sell them or ever try passing them off as real cards (they should be for your personal collection or gifts only, though you can use them in casual games as long as your opponent doesn't mind).

Some of my holographic cards printed with an Inkjet printer:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back