• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Trainer Hilda

Status
Not open for further replies.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
You can blame this so called "horrible" design on western clothing fashion. The only part of that design I don't like is the shorts, but I guess that is marketing to get more teens playing pokemon again.

So, instead of make the story more complicated, or add a side story, they decide to give more revealing clothes to the female character just to attract more teens to play?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
So, instead of make the story more complicated, or add a side story, they decide to give more revealing clothes to the female character just to attract more teens to play?

It sells. Tbh, you say 'add story' as if the kind of people that would play a game for a girl in short shorts are the kind of people that care at all about story. A lot of teens, the majority I'd wager, care more about killkillkill than storyline, that's why CoD and Halo are so popular.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013

It sells. Tbh, you say 'add story' as if the kind of people that would play a game for a girl in short shorts are the kind of people that care at all about story. A lot of teens, the majority I'd wager, care more about killkillkill than storyline, that's why CoD and Halo are so popular.

It's so sad to see how the gaming world have fallen deep these days :(
Well, at elast they didn't add shooter element to Pokemon.
But, I'm still mad at Skyla inappropriate outfit as a pilot just to attract more teens(if its true, although the chance are pretty high considering her speciality as flying type not water). There are many attractive character without being need to expose many skins or wearing a mini shorts.

Years
I really like her design tbh. The male protagonist, oh God there is something that doesn't look right about him. Touko in-game though looks awesome when she's running, lol, defs best female protagonist design imo. :x

Yes, I agree with you. She has the coolest design of all the female characters and those mini-shorts and her bag make her awesome! I guess Hilda was made to attract more teens to the Pokemon franchise.

Plus, her name contains hild, meaning "battle".

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Ok, she might wear "Cool" looking outfits, but I don't know if we think the right but...we don't feel it is right. At least I don't. I do understand that there are always 2 sides on a debate so I don't feel wrong. Anyway, Personally, the older characters, were better. Hilda....well, all I can say is that she wasn't better FOR ME. I don't want to say she was bad, because in my dictionary, Pokemon never included something horrible to me, its just that she isn't better than the previous ones. I gotta say, the pale skin creeps me out most xD

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2011
i think she looks cute but her outfit is to showy, i guess the pokemon creators wanted a different kind of girl this time.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ok, she might wear "Cool" looking outfits, but I don't know if we think the right but...we don't feel it is right. At least I don't. I do understand that there are always 2 sides on a debate so I don't feel wrong. Anyway, Personally, the older characters, were better. Hilda....well, all I can say is that she wasn't better FOR ME. I don't want to say she was bad, because in my dictionary, Pokemon never included something horrible to me, its just that she isn't better than the previous ones. I gotta say, the pale skin creeps me out most xD

That's an interesting reason to dislike her, different from most. What do you think makes her paleness stand out the most? Because if you look at this, the characters are equally pale imo:

Spoiler:

Is it the clothing, do you think? It's certainly strange when someone has so much skin showing that they'd be pale. Or does it have more to do with the dark clothes and hair, since those tend to make skin look paler? Or a mixture of both?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
The only thing I don't like about Hilda is her pockets, otherwise I think she's pretty hip.

Faeiri

Pokémon Noob
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2020
I would never wear shorts like hers (especially while running around in grass, her poor legs!) but somehow I like her design a lot.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Unova's based on the US ad boy do the girls were shorts shorts. From first hand experience, it really is a majority of them who were it and with thank tops so she fits them to a T. Also she's hawt looking so fine by moi =3

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
Years
Tbh, I LOVE her design. I was so happy when I saw that they'd made hero characters that look like teens instead of children. I'm quite tired of playing characters that are ten years-old. -_- I think I also like her because her pale skin/brown hair looks quite a bit like me and because she looks substantially less "girly" than other Gen's female heroes.

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
Years
Hilda's overall design I don't mind at all and it isn't because they have designed her to be 'more revealing' but I think her design fits with Hikari10 stating her name contains the word battle, so the have gone for a more tom-boyish look rather than the 'cute' look.
Overall out of ten I personally would give Hilda an eight and rank her second coming after Leaf.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2012
This is dumb. Most of you say you want pokémon games to be more mature. You say it shouldn't be just for kids. Well, you got it. Hilda isn't a freaking ten year old. According to what I've been told (from a source I really can't recal), she's supposed to be around 16, the same as Herbert. Actually, I doubt any of the other characters (even Red) were supposed to be 10. The only character that is 10 is Ash, in the anime only, so it would draw 10 year olds in with the anime to play the game (and also for already playing 10 year olds to get more attached).

Personally, I like the design. What's the problem? At least it's not like some girls I know who only wear a long shirt and yoga pants (or whatever you call them these days). Actually, it's all I see girls wearing these days. Either the yoga pants, or similar to Hilda's clothes.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years

That's an interesting reason to dislike her, different from most. What do you think makes her paleness stand out the most? Because if you look at this, the characters are equally pale imo:

Spoiler:

Is it the clothing, do you think? It's certainly strange when someone has so much skin showing that they'd be pale. Or does it have more to do with the dark clothes and hair, since those tend to make skin look paler? Or a mixture of both?

O_O WTH...Both are PALE?!?!
Heyyyy...I see.... The Artwork and the Anime are 2 different things :P That's all I can say..
I don't know if it is because I live in a country were most ppl are tan and dark skinned. But When looking at the Anime, Dawn's skin was more ~human, this is so white..what I mean the color is light.

I might be wrong but that's what my eyes tell me :/

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
When I saw Hilda for the first time, I thought she didnt look right. She didnt look like she belonged in a Pokemon game. All the other female characters from previous games all looked like a Pokemon style and had that Pokemon sense to it. I dont know if its just me, but I hate Hilda. She's ugly, i hate her clothes, and she just doesnt feel right. I wish they would make a pretty blonde playable character or something.

Actually it would be cool if they let yu design yur character!
i.e: choose how their face looks, eye color, hair color/style, clothes, etc..

ObeyMudkips

Raichupacabra back up
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 24, 2017
I like her design since it doesn't look like her mom picks out her clothes. *coughLeafcough*

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
This is dumb. Most of you say you want pokémon games to be more mature. You say it shouldn't be just for kids. Well, you got it. Hilda isn't a freaking ten year old. According to what I've been told (from a source I really can't recal), she's supposed to be around 16, the same as Herbert. Actually, I doubt any of the other characters (even Red) were supposed to be 10. The only character that is 10 is Ash, in the anime only, so it would draw 10 year olds in with the anime to play the game (and also for already playing 10 year olds to get more attached).

None of pokemon protagonist characters have their exact age explicitly stated except for old red in the manual. EVER. So don't assume them to be 10 years old like the anime did. They can be 15 years old or maybe older.

Exposing more skin for female character doesn't mean it make the game more mature in any way, especially if the story have left much to be desired, and lack of character development.

Years
Hilda is the coolest female protagonist ever, her shorts, bag and hair make her just as cool as even Ash from the anime.

If I was ever making the anime I'd like to see her as the main character instead of Ash because I just loved Hilda's design.

I know most people here hate her English name and rather prefer her Japanese name but she was created in a bid to attract more teens to the Pokemon franchise.

If you love Hilda, friend me and I'll tell you how awesome she is!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
the only thing that I don not like about Hilda is her name and her hair. Her name sounds weird (and I always hated that name) and what is up with her hair? it looks like a failed attempt to make a sundae.

:t354:TG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back