• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckNadum

Rookie Producer
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2012
Game: Fire Red
Type: Movement/ Speech Event
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

Spent 5+ Hours trying to get it to work, Flawless execution. Everything is perfect. But once you leave the house, the sprite is still there and the script can be done an unlimited amount of times.
(Also, it freezes the game when 0x1 is set to 0x0 in the "if" line)

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Game: Fire Red
Type: Movement/ Speech Event
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

Spent 5+ Hours trying to get it to work, Flawless execution. Everything is perfect. But once you leave the house, the sprite is still there and the script can be done an unlimited amount of times.
(Also, it freezes the game when 0x1 is set to 0x0 in the "if" line)

Um what's with the compare LASTRESULT? you can just remove that and make if or condition 0x0 and did you put the flag on the person ID? try putting a flag so the Person won't appear again. And put the warp code on the last part since the rest of the script won't continue because you will be warped... :)

And note LASTRESULT is replaced by 0x800D in the latest XSE version :)

ChuckNadum

Rookie Producer
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2012

Um what's with the compare LASTRESULT? you can just remove that and make if or condition 0x0 and did you put the flag on the person ID? try putting a flag so the Person won't appear again. And put the warp code on the last part since the rest of the script won't continue because you will be warped... :)

And note LASTRESULT is replaced by 0x800D in the latest XSE version :)
Thanks Tajaroos, second time you've responded to me ^_^
(Btw, first script was fine, just needed to update XSE, as for this particular script)
Thanks for the pointers, works now!

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
Game: BPRE01
Type of script: Level Script

script:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
checkgender
if 0x0 goto 0x8800012
if 0x1 goto 0x880001B
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x800012
warpmuted 0x4 0x1 0xFF 0x1 0x2
'---------------
#org 0x80001B
warpmuted 0x4 0x5 0xFF 0x1 0x2

Professional View offset:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x71AC80
#raw 0x2
#raw pointer 0x871AC86
#raw 0x0

'---------------
#org 0x71AC86
#raw word 0x0
#raw word 0x0
#raw pointer 0x8800000
#raw word 0x0

'---------------
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
checkgender
if 0x0 goto 0x8800012
if 0x1 goto 0x880001B
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x800012
warpmuted 0x4 0x1 0xFF 0x1 0x2
'---------------
#org 0x80001B
warpmuted 0x4 0x5 0xFF 0x1 0x2

This script is placed in the starting map, set as (4,4), but it doesn't do anything. I keep sitting at (4,4), which is a blank map, no matter if I choose Boy or Girl. What am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
Hello everyone, I am a newcomer and a newbe rom hacker. I will be very happy if anyone could help me with my trouble. My problem could be a hard one but, if anyone has done similar thing(s) before, please tell me how to do it.

Basically, I am trying to hack the pokemon black2(or black, since the move information are basically the same) to make the move "Petal Dance" a non-continuous move(you can choose another move next turn).

The move information for Petal Dance in pokemon black is stored in address 06FBB2F4 (Posted on a Japanese website). Similar to that in those GBA versions, the power, PP, accuracy, special effect code .etc come one after another. I tried to copy the exact same special effect of the move "confusion" to replace the special effect of the original "Petal Dance" but it did not work. Enemy pokemon got confused sometimes but unlike those GBA versions in which the original effect will disappear completely, the "2-3 turn continuous" effect of it was still there.

There must be some other place that stores the special effect of "Petal Dance", "Outrage" and "Thrash", and there must be a place that stores the "move pointers" that specify the offset of the move information, special effects and their graphics.(As in those GBA versions)

I have been searching the hex codes for several days and could not find any similar code as in those GBA versions. My brain is almost dead now.

If anyone has experience of investigating moves or has experience of finding offsets or addresses in DS versions, please help me!
If anyone knows the address which has the special effect of those 3 moves or the address of those orignal pointers, please tell me!

This is a pretty long reply and thank you for reading it. I really need help.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
Hey there!
Listen i need help with my script, because every time i walked into this script in the rom the game is getting frozen.

Game: FR\LF
Script type: Scrpit (the box with the S in the advance map).

The code:
Code:
#dynamic 0x34F046
#org @start
checkflag 0x1000
if 0x1 goto @done
setflag 0x1000
lock
msgbox @msg1 0x6

applymovement 0xFF @wtf
waitmovement 0xFF

applymovement 0x6 @move
waitmovement 0x6

faceplayer
msgbox @msg2 0x6

givepokemon 0x93 0x7 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
msgbox @msg3 0x6

applymovement 0x6 @goaway
waitmovement 0x6

release
end

#org @msg1
=\v\h01, WAIT!!!

#org @wtf
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x63
#raw 0xFE

#org @move
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @msg2
= Hey listen, before you go there I\nwant to give you a present for a\lgood luck.\l... ... ... ...\lI know your mother, she was my\lfriend in high school\land when she told me you might\lcome here\lI knew i have to come here and\lgive you my favorite pokemon.\lThis pokemon I raised for 2 years\land now i want him to be yours.\lI'm trust you to give him the\lmost devoted care you can give.\lGood luck son!

#org @msg3
=\v\h01! GOT DRATINI!

#org @goaway
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @done
release
end

Could you help me please?
If there's nothing wrong in the script so maybe i didn't do something in the AdvanceMap.
Thank you very much!

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
First make sure you have a var in the var box, and that it is an unused var.
i.e 40E7
Also try using a lower flag that is unused, like 300
Hope this fixes your problem
PS. I removed the spaces, switched the flag, and relocated the lock command.

Code:
#dynamic 0x700000
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x300
if 0x1 goto @done 
setflag 0x300
msgbox @msg1 0x6  
applymovement 0xFF @wtf 
waitmovement 0x0  
applymovement 0x6 @move 
waitmovement 0x0  
faceplayer
msgbox @msg2 0x6  
msgbox @msg3 0x6  
waitmovement 0x0  
release 
end

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
First make sure you have a var in the var box, and that it is an unused var.
i.e 40E7
Also try using a lower flag that is unused, like 300
Hope this fixes your problem
PS. I removed the spaces, switched the flag, and relocated the lock command.

Code:
#dynamic 0x700000
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x300
if 0x1 goto @done 
setflag 0x300
msgbox @msg1 0x6  
applymovement 0xFF @wtf 
waitmovement 0x0  
applymovement 0x6 @move 
waitmovement 0x0  
faceplayer
msgbox @msg2 0x6  
msgbox @msg3 0x6  
waitmovement 0x0  
release 
end

This is my script var values (nothing...)

unknown: 0000
var number: 0000
var value: 0000
uknown: 00|00

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2012
ok this is my first post ever :)

my script is:

#dynamix 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 0x6
release
end

#org @talk1
= hi.

anyways, (dont know how to do spoiler sorry)
when i try to compile this it says"unknown keyword lock" @line 3. i don't know how to fix it either.

and a side note, when i load up my XSE it tells me that my command database is not found and i can't figure out for the life of me why!

anyway any help would be grately appreciated and i thank anybody in advance
connor

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
ok this is my first post ever :)

my script is:

#dynamix 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 0x6
release
end

#org @talk1
= hi.

anyways, (dont know how to do spoiler sorry)
when i try to compile this it says"unknown keyword lock" @line 3. i don't know how to fix it either.

and a side note, when i load up my XSE it tells me that my command database is not found and i can't figure out for the life of me why!

anyway any help would be grately appreciated and i thank anybody in advance
connor

Your #dynamix 0x800000 should be #dynamic 0x800000. Also, what version of XSE do you have?

The_Show

Banned
Years
Hi guys. I made a simple trainer battle script where if the trainer sees you, he walks up to you and battles you. (POKEMON RUBY, XSE)

Spoiler:

However, the moment he walks up to you, the game imediately goes to the title screen without saving your game. (you know, the title screen that says PRESS START) I'm not sure what I did wrong. Also if it helps:

Spoiler:
Please help good people of pokecommunity :)

Years
Hi guys. I made a simple trainer battle script where if the trainer sees you, he walks up to you and battles you. (POKEMON RUBY, XSE)

Spoiler:

However, the moment he walks up to you, the game imediately goes to the title screen without saving your game. (you know, the title screen that says PRESS START) I'm not sure what I did wrong. Also if it helps:

Spoiler:
Please help good people of pokecommunity :)

From looking at it, I could only guess that it could be to do with the dynamic offset.
Try not to use any dynamic offsets lower then #dynamic 0x800000.
It could possibly be that the dynamic offset is interfering with another offset that is causing the game to restart.

Apart from that, I don't know. I'm a bit rusty at PokeHacking :P

The_Show

Banned
Years
Pokemon Ruby
XSE
"Script Box"

I made a weather script, but whenever I step on it, nothing happens. I set my Var Number + Unknown the correct way, but I'm still not sure why nothing happens. Please help pokecommunity :)

Spoiler:

just in case, I took the extra "0" out in a copy of the script, and it still didn't work.

Spoiler:

Years
Pokemon Ruby
XSE
"Script Box"

I made a weather script, but whenever I step on it, nothing happens. I set my Var Number + Unknown the correct way, but I'm still not sure why nothing happens. Please help pokecommunity :)

Spoiler:

just in case, I took the extra "0" out in a copy of the script, and it still didn't work.

Spoiler:

If I remember correctly, I do believe you need to use setflag in a weather script.
So try this:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2012
ok so i've been scripting for about 10 days (literally) and i've come up with a few questions i just can't figure out. so i thought i'll ask them here and hopefully get some answers!

A) what does altering the var number on tile scripts do? (the ones you walk on)
B) my givepokemon scripts won't work and i don't know why [not asking for one] here mine is
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
Can someone please tell me what's wrong with my script? I'm trying to make this person give me the running shoes. Everything seems to work fine until I actually try to use the running shoes, which I then find out that I don't have it (or it doesn't work).

GAME: FR/LG
TYPE: setflag/giveitem
EDITOR: POKESCRIPT

--------------------------------

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1202
if 0x01 goto $done
message $talk
$talk 1 = Hi \v\h01! You've gotten\nso tall.\pAnyway, I have a gift for you!
boxset 6
fanfare 0x13E
setflag 0x82F
message $recieve
$recieve 1 = You recieved the RUNNING SHOES!
boxset 4
waitfanfare
#raw 0x68
setflag 0x1201
message $cya
$cya 1 = Good luck on your journey!
boxset 6
setflag 0x1202
release
end

#org $done
message $bye
$bye 1 = Make sure you visit your\nmother from time to time.
boxset 6
release
end

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
Hello, im brand new to scripting, and having trouble making a script box work in Pokemon Ruby. I've looked at many tutorial, but so far, nothing has worked. I am using PokéScript, and would appreciate any help. So here is the script:

#org $start
jingle
movesprite 0x03 0x09 0x08
message $ok
$ok 1 = Testing
boxset 6
apply movement 3 $move
$move 1 ; #binary 0x05 0x17 0x04 0x06 0x09 0x07 0xFE
pausemove 0
setvar 0x6000 0x0001
release
end

Years
  • MI
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
Okay, so I'm using Pokescript, and apparently the 0x82F command doesn't work!

I even tried going super basic:

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
message $talk
$talk 1 = Here's your stuff.
boxset 6
setflag 0x82F
release
end

This did not work either. Someone please help me!

0x82F is to get the RUNNING SHOES.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back