• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First B/W RMT lol...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
After getting disconnected on the smogon server (seriously this needs fixing) and getting haxed down from #1. I had to get voting reqs again by working my way back up the ladder. ~~ Anyway i put my previous #1 team away and I built this team to test some new ideas i had for stall and its worked ok, its not as good as some as my other teams (obviously) but it holds its own. Im posting this because it has some issues that i would like to fix.

On to the team;

Overview

407.gif
593.gif
385.gif
472.gif
121.gif
485.gif

100px-407Roserade.png
(M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest

Roserade is so very much underated as a Spiker in this metagame and definately one of the more reliable ones (Forretress sucks, really :/). I was one of the first people to use this set last gen and made the evs you see standard and im so glad it still works fantastically. It gets free Spikes on so many things thing generation its unreal. With the return of prominence of bulky waters i.e Rotom-W, Politoed, Quagsire, Gastrodon, Jellicent and rain in genera etc this thing is essentially a free switch in to them setting up on them with ease laughing off even Ice Beams. It also checks things like Breloom hence the defense evs. Giga Drain and HP Fire lets it immediately threaten Rotom-W + Scizor Volt-Switching chains and also cores such as Jellicent and Ferrothorn. Rest is in the last slot as its essentially a free heal with Natural Cure every time i switch. One of Roserades oft overlooked abilities is to absorb Toxic Spikes which often plague the battle field thanks to Rain Stall and Tentacruel and Tabloos team.

300px-485Heatran.png
(F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Toxic

Heatran is part one of my anti weather core and part two of my grass/fire water core. Heatran poops on most sun teams and he sets up my last layer of residual damage see: Stealth Rock. Heatran is also my PHazer and checks to stupid random things like Sigilyph and Nubjask along with more standard things such as Scizor and Jirachi. Toxic cripples water switch ins and Lati@s which makes Gliscors job easier late game specially with Spikes racking up on the former. Lava Plume burns physical switch ins which is always fun. Not alot to say about this guy really apart from he is one of the things that switch into Dragon moves along with Jirachi. It sucks when sun teams have Duggy though.

250px-593Jellicent.png
(M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Surf
- Recover

Jellicent is pat two of my anti weather core and part three of my grass/fire/water core. Jellicent is the main anti rain Pokemon of the team pooping on thngs like Toxicroak and Specs Politoed. Jelli also blocks Rapid Spin from near on everything if i play it correctly. Will-o-Wisp to cripple guys like Scizor and Taunt to stop Recovery on tanks and walls. I also chose Surf over Scald as the power is very appreciated on things like Tyranitar and Heatran and i have Wisp anyway. With Recover this thing sticks around for ages and is nearly alaways an mvp for my team. Im thinking of putting Toxic somewhere as Volcarona is an absolute ass to my team. I tested it before and it didnt work so well though so idk, that and it doesnt help vs Sub Volc at all. :(

472Gliscor.png
(M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

This is the last part of my anti weather core, Gliscor. He beats sand based threats like Excadrill extremely well and with Spikes and SR up can often sweep as waters are like the only thing stopping it. Ice Fang is chosen along with STAB EQ as D-Nite is an absolute ass and it also nails Landorus nicely. Taunt shuts down set up attempts and lets me set up on junk like Skarmory. Gliscor also takes status (along with Starmie and Rosrade) for my team which is an amazing selling point. Swords Dance Gliscor is actually very hard to stop tbh. Considering Facade over Ice Fang though as it seems fun and hits Rotom-W and the like reasonably hard, but still, D-Nite :\ lol. Gliscor is a weak link along with Starmie though.

170px-385Jirachi.png
@ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

Jirachi is the most dominant special wall in 5th generation OU. There i said it. "But D_A, Blissey!" No, bliss has way to many issues to be considered THE most dominant anymore. For one many of the special attackers can just breeze past her without a sweat and stuff like Psyshock makes her job insanely hard, that and people use the Bold spread which is 2hko'd by things like Poli Hydro Pump etc. Anyway back to Jirachi it destroys Lati@s and the majority of threatening things in B/W such as the broken Reuniclus and even Thundurus struggles with this guy. Body Slam and Iron Head creates the paraflinch combo which abuses Serene Grace so well. Wish and Protect lets me cushion my team when switching in and heals things like Heatran who have no recovery of their own. So far Jirachi has been awesome for me.

170px-121Starmie.png
@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Recover

Last but not least is Starmie. Starmie removes hazards from the field and thats about it really apart from stopping random Gyarados. Starmies revenge killing utility is good too in pinch situations against certain threats. It also threatens Jellicent looking to block its Spin with Thunderbolt. Recover lets it switch around a while. Starmie is definitely my weakest link though and there really isn't alot to say about it at all lol.

Issues

Spr_5b_560.png
- DD Ice Punch Scrafty is a 6-0 if i dont get hax on it with Jira
Spr_5b_149.png
- I struggle with this alot. Not sure why but i do.
Spr_5b_637.png
- This + dug = gg.
Spr_5b_251.png
- NP + EP = =[ lol
Baton_Pass_II.png
(SmashPassing) - Gorebyss is the passer and Tran cannon Phaze and even if i did i need Dragon Tail for Espeon.

Quagsire sort of beats the first two but eh, cant fit it in.

So yeah rate away, looking to fix those issues. :]

Last edited:
Years
Suddenly Elf realizes how broken Dragonite is!

Anyhow, I think Hitmontop might be a better option than Starmie, while it may not have super revenge killing capabilities, it crushes stuff like Scrafty and is one of the only spinners that laughs at Ferrothorn, and really loves Wish Support. Also, Hippowdon might do better than Gliscor, since Landorus is a bit of a problem to this team, noit to mention Dragonite, although you do lose a status absorber and can always phaze out stuff like Scrafty and Heatran, since you have SR on another mon. Tangrowth is another option over Gliscor, because it beats Scrafty with Sleep+Lseed, as well as most of the other threats Gliscor beats, and has great synergy with Hitmontop, it also smashes Physical Dragonite. Roar Latias is also a cute option, because it laughs at Celebi and usually beats Smashpass/BatonPass by way of Roar or just boosting like crazy.

Cradily

Fossil merchant
Years
As you know already a revenge killer is the asset of the team in situations, Starmie is good with his speed and good versatility in typings.

Maybe swapping Starmie for my personal favourite (Yes I am bias) Gengar, he can use Thunderbolt will get rid of flying, water, and the main one, Hidden Power Ice Gengar can and should finish off a Dragonite if eved right. (Speed is the main priority in revenge killers because they are destined to die if they hit second) Shadow Ball with stab will do mass damage on Celebi, Focus Blast will kill off Scrafty.

As for Volcarona, they are a pest, but remember when there is a Volcarona you know its going to use Quiver Dance (or Butterfly Dance in US?)

Other then that, i cant really say anything bad about it because it is a good team all in all, just that you try use a revenge killer to counter your main weakness.

And i do agree Roserade is vastly underrated as a spiker, but i think it is down to its limited move list.

:)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Thanks guys.

Actually Hitmontop sounds pretty decent over Starmie although Starmie does help alot in dealing with SD Acrobat Gliscor who otherwise goes unchecked. :s

As for Hippow, i could use it but i dislike Excadrill and Gliscor really helps in that regard and the fact that nothing on my team can take EQ's especially from Landorus otherwise lol.

Id really like to put in Lati or Tangrowth also though but i cant really see where i can put them.

So yeah im stuckkkk as ill lose something if i replace something (if that made sense) lol

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
So yeah im stuckkkk as ill lose something if i replace something (if that made sense) lol

That's a point most of my better teams hit, lol. :( I dunno if it happens to everyone but I always end up hitting that every other team and I can't figure out how to improve it much more beyond that. But at this point if you're going to go through and try changes I'd do it on an alternate account and see what makes even more success for you; I dunno how well anything will blow over but you might as well give it a go and see how it works out.

Karpman's rate is golden and suggests most of the things I was thinking when I was going through your post and even more beyond that. More specifically, I like the idea of running Hitmontop because personally I think Starmie is pretty meh, and Tangrowth >> Gliscor. SD X-Scissor from Exca is a pain, though...

It also seems like SD Virizion w/ HP Ice might be a problem too if Roserade and Jirachi are in KO range of HP Ice and +2 CC, respectively. Beyond that it clean-sweeps your team with Leaf Blade/CC, but I guess that's a situational thing anyway. I guess your best option there is to just keep those two in good condition when your opponent has Virizion and/or wear it out with hazards and stuff. With enough Def drops Starmie can finish it off with Surf eventually anyway.

...lol reading over this it's not very helpful at all but i'm gonna click submit reply anyway

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
I think ResTalk Gyarados would be a pretty good fit over Jellicent.

Helps your Scrafty and Volcarona problems, and dragon tail helps with smash passing.

It also doesn't insta lose to Gorebyss lol.

Gyarados@Leftovers
Intimidate
Impish
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 spD
Rest
Sleep Talk
Dragon Tail
Waterfall

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
I agree with who said that, Hitmontop helps in your team. I use a set that works pretty well, here it is:

Hitmontop @ Muscle Band
Jolly, Technician
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
- Bulk Up
- Triple Kick
- Bullet Punch
- Rapid Spin

Bulk Up gives him more bulk, as the name says, and power.
Triple Kick is STAB, has Technician boost and can break Subs, Sashes and Sturdy.
Bullet Punch has Priority, Tech-boost and adds some coverage.
Rapid Spin, even if it has Tech-boost, serves only to Spin away Rocks ans Spikes from your field. Or, if you're able to break Sashes or Sturdy with BP, you can use it to kill, like I do. :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Hitmontop is generally used as a defensive spinner with Intimidate. The utility of Intimidate is far too great to pass up for Technician, which even with the boosts is pretty weak.

Back