• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

need advice for my team

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
hello there, i'm currently playing pokemon ruby... i have beat all the 8 gym leaders and now i'm on the way trough the victory road to achieve the place where the elite 4 belong.

I really need advice for my team.. or specifically for the good moveset combo in every pokemon i had in my team...

well here's my main team:
1. Blaziken lv 43 (scratch, overheat, fire blast, blaze kick)
2. Altaria lv 35 (dragonbreath, fly, take down, sing)
3. Gyarados lv 39 (dragon rage, earthquake, surf, thrash)
4. Groudon lv 48 (slash, ancientpower, fireblast, earthquake)
5. kadabra lv 20 (psybeam, confusion, etc... currently training it :P)
6. manectric lv 42 (thunderbolt, thunder, shock wave, bite)

and my subtitution team
7. medicham lv 40 (hi jump kick, calm mind, hyper beam, strength)
8. I also have a donphan and azumariil both at lv 30 something...

i know my team is a mess and therefore i need your advice before i facing the elite four for the first time :D

i need any advice of good moveset combo for every pokemon, or what other pokemon i should catch and train, etc.. or anything else that will help me beat the elite 4 and the rival. thanks in advance :D

megatyler3

Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
I don't have any big suggestions without changing your team except drop scratch on Blaziken and get a fighting type move. If you don't mind changing then drop alteria and get an ice type or if you prefer teach gyarados ice beam.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
ok i have replace blazikens scratch with brick break... oh, should i keep the fire blast move or replace it with sky uppercut in the future?
and how about if i teach ice beam to altaria instead of gyarados? afaik, altaria has better sp.atk than gyarados and ice beam is usingsp.atk... am i right?

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2012
subtitution team?? why do you need subtiturions>? you can only take 6 on you or am i missing something here?

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
hello there, i'm currently playing pokemon ruby... i have beat all the 8 gym leaders and now i'm on the way trough the victory road to achieve the place where the elite 4 belong.

I really need advice for my team.. or specifically for the good moveset combo in every pokemon i had in my team...

and my subtitution team

i know my team is a mess and therefore i need your advice before i facing the elite four for the first time :D

i need any advice of good moveset combo for every pokemon, or what other pokemon i should catch and train, etc.. or anything else that will help me beat the elite 4 and the rival. thanks in advance :D

Drop Kadabra and use Medicham. Medicham has all the psychic power that Kadabra has, and it adds in a secondary Fighting type that will certainly help against Sidney, Glacia, and Steven.

You almost need to teach Gyarados Ice Beam, as your team as of now would get destroyed by Drake and his Dragons.

simons545

Aspiring Master
Years

and my subtitution team

Ditch Altaria and pick up spheal/sealeo from the cave above mossdeep. Then If you still want to use it(groudon) get tm22 solarbeam and teach+drought=1 turn 120 base grass move. Teach blaziken a fight type move like brick break (both tm's can be obtained from lilycove market)
no need for three fire moves, slash!why did you not teach it slash?bulk up blaze kick and brick break. Delete gyarados' surf and teach it waterfall. If u cant teach it slash use tm 27(return) and raise it's happiness should end up with a base power of about 102 ;)
Good Luck!

Years
my team

Mewtwo- Strongest pokemon existing... before Arceus
Alakazam- My partner pokemon
Gardievor- Friend from Red rescue team
Hypno- My draining pokemon
Lunatone- good defense and special attack
Grumpig- VERY ANNOYING TO OTHER TRAINERS heals continuously with rest

Suggested team
Fire type Arcanine/Flareon/Ninetails
Grass Type Bellosome/Venasaur/Breloom
Water Type Milotic/Garados/Swampert
High HP Blissey/Snorelax/Miltank
Flying type Pidgeot/Charizard/Rayquaza
Dragon Type Dragonite/Salamence/ Rayquaza

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
1. Get rid of Blaziken's scratch and teach it Brick Break until you get it level 59 and teach it Sky Uppercut. IMO Blaziken has too many fire types but they are all good moves.
2. Altaria is a good choice but I would replace it with Flygon. Flygon is always a good choice.
3. The rest are good except for Kadabra try to evolve it if you can.

Back