• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Please Help ^_^

I have just downloaded the "ShinyGoldv2" Beta but I have no idea how to open it. Since it is a zipped file I have to extract the file right? Well I have done that but I'm not sure what I should use to open the file with.

I ask again can someone please help, it would be much appreciated.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Please Help ^_^

I have just downloaded the "ShinyGoldv2" Beta but I have no idea how to open it. Since it is a zipped file I have to extract the file right? Well I have done that but I'm not sure what I should use to open the file with.

I ask again can someone please help, it would be much appreciated.

You probably should have read the Before PLAYING a Hack thread before asking that question, but here's how to do it:

1. Go to Tools Showcase and click on Temporary Tools Resource, thread started by TreeckoLv.100.
2. Go to EliteMap's home page and download the latest version
3. Install EliteMap AND ALL OF THE OTHER PROGRAMS THAT CAME WITH IT.
4. Open LunarIPS (LIPS) and click Apply Patch
5. On the first "Open" Pop-Up you will be asked to select the IPS file to use. Click on shinyGoldv2.
6. Then it will ask you what file to patch, since this hack is a hack of FR, get a FR ROM if you don't already have one (I cannot give you a link to this ROM, it is against the rules) and click on your FR ROM and there you go. Your FR has turned into ShinyGold.
7. Play it xD

EDIT: LIPS is also good if you want to create an IPS patch, if you ever want to start ROMHacking.
Also, a much simpler way of doing it is to put the IPS file in the same directory as your FR ROM and re-naming the IPS patch to EXACTLY, WORD-FOR-WORD, what your Pokemon FireRed ROM is named. But leaving the .ips there, and not changing it to .gba
So if my FR ROM was named Pokemon FR.gba and the IPS patch is named ShinyGoldv2.ips, rename that ips patch to: Pokemon FR.ips and then play your FR ROM. This doesn't always work though.

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
oO I never saw lapras in my first playthrough, Musta missed that =P

and you guys know it's spelled Treecko, not Treeko right? =P

Dave

wow it took me waaaaaay too long to find the beta.. >.< I love the screenshots, and I'm gonna check out the game now.

love it so far, Zel!

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
New Banner!

Zel I made a banner for ShinyGold! ^_^

...happyness...

Tell me what you think of it:

Here's the HTML:
HTML:
[URL="http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=74447&page=1"][IMG]http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/7/1/7/f_SGBanneri_06aem_68a5e022.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

*Neos*

Mexican Hacker!
Years
Really good!

Hi! friend, though I have seen your hack in Wah, I come to say to you that it(he) is very good at when scripts, but at tiles much leaves that to wish, I wait for better tiles and results. Luck chau

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
to marz: I don't feel like adding more banners, sorry... But thanks anyway, it looks good!

¡Wow! the Tile of the whirlpool is very good... I like your idea of the girl in front of the Door of the GYm, I have a question: She's going to battle with you?
Well, its all, good-Bye and Good Luck!

Fedex wins a prize!

Hi! friend, though I have seen your hack in Wah, I come to say to you that it(he) is very good at when scripts, but at tiles much leaves that to wish, I wait for better tiles and results. Luck chau

First... hi and welcome Neos (Pako)! (Now I feel like I'm being stalked... :paranoid:)
But... that was a bit rude of you, you seem to forget that my priority is scripting (since a game with pretty tiles but empty events is not a game, to me...), and I don't have problems with FR's graphics so I'm not changing tiles a lot (only when I absolutely feel its necessary) At least, I'm not making use of the overused tiles from Kyledove... jaja? :P :\
In my game you'll see mostly FR graphics, combined with some G/S tiles, and a few from D/P, if I can make them look good... That's the idea of the the graphics this game will have, so you should respect my decision, thanks!

I'm still trying to decide on a release date (most likely, next weekend). But I haven't finished scripting the Ice Path (I've finished the mapping, but I need to test if the throwing-into-holes-rocks would work, that would make the game accurate, but I'm not sure if it'll work... If not, I'll need to think on a few new puzzles)

And, of course, a few more screenshots... This time the theme is "Cianwood's Gym" (Man!, I enjoy showing my game!)

image27bk5.png
image28cp8.png
image29pc2.png
image30pu6.png

Before you try to ask why has the girl the "!" sign, but not looking at the player is because she was leaving, but then she remembered she forgot to tell the player her name... lol
That girl is our new friend/rival, name is Amelia. And she is Chuck's nephew niece.
ZEL uses HEADBUTT against Foe THEWALL
ZEL loses 45HP! ZEL faints!

I have fixed it in-game also... :laugh:

Last edited:

Niwa

.Blank
Years
I hope you mean niece lol, and nice screenshots, its coming along very good from when I last checked it out.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Don't make the bum I found on the street zap you!!

Zap! Zap! ZAP!!!!

Yay!! That means...*counts on fingers*...You're almost done with Johto!! I'm so glad...the first GSC remake in English that hasn't stopped after the first Gym Leader. You know, you could always kill May's sprite...she's annoying as heck on the anime. You probably already have, so I'm happy. *looks into Crystal Ball* This hack shall be done...inbetween now and...Octember! Yes, Octember.

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
Zel I made a banner for ShinyGold! ^_^

...happyness...

Tell me what you think of it:

Here's the HTML:
HTML:
[URL="http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=74447&page=1"][IMG]http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/7/1/7/f_SGBanneri_06aem_68a5e022.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

wow! banner looks preety sweet!

now on-topic

finally! amelia! now people can use the amelia banner i made! lol

i bet people were like, who the heck is amelia before you just introduced her! lol

anyways! great job zel, again!

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2007
hey, uh i did everything he told me to do, d/l elite map and everything, but when everything is done it says somethings wrong with the ips patch (its a messed up alignment?) and when i try to playt it all i see is a white screen.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008

Zap! Zap! ZAP!!!!

Yay!! That means...*counts on fingers*...You're almost done with Johto!! I'm so glad...the first GSC remake in English that hasn't stopped after the first Gym Leader. You know, you could always kill May's sprite...she's annoying as heck on the anime. You probably already have, so I'm happy. *looks into Crystal Ball* This hack shall be done...inbetween now and...Octember! Yes, Octember.

The last sentence drive me nuts. Why do you insist zel should get the hack done by at least "October", let him take all the time he needs to do whatever he wants with the hack, and what really needs to be done.

and Zel very nice screenshots, keep up the Excellent work, i think the graphics(tile sets) looks great. im really looking forward to this weekend, if it comes of course, NO RUSH!:cool:

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Originally posted by zel
to marz: I don't feel like adding more banners, sorry... But thanks anyway, it looks good!

Oh alright. Thanks for the compliment. Well if ever you change your mind, it'll be there.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Jeez, all these rivals in Shiny Gold ... it will be exciting! :D And those screenshots fail to disapppoint. ;)

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
Years

Zap! Zap! ZAP!!!!

Wow Octumber is that month between Julgust and Aprune? or is it near Decembutt the magical month where we celebrate the Birth or Jebus!

Lol jk but if there was a 13th month it would be Octember

Back on topic. great screenies i cannot wait totally own the girl in front of the gym!

Slize

Salamence's Trainer
Years
Chuck's gym looks perfect and I support the idea of adding Amelia as new rival:D Hey Zel, check out my last post and tell me what do you think about my map for you?

Years
This is my First Post.

To Zel:

This is a really great hack, really innovative.

Can you get Ho-oh or the Legendary Dogs yet? (in B2)

i found two glitches that were not on the list.

1. You can't push the boulders in the Basement floor of the Goldenrod Dept. Store. I suggest changing the map type to "cave", but then you may have problems with bikes and running etc;

2. Can't use escape rope in sprout tower, although rival can.(See suggestion 2)

3. While browsing around in ADVANCE MAP, i found a strange area that claims to be part of sprout tower.
The Bankmap locations are 2.57 in advance map and B2, L39 in elite map. Umm... WTF!?

To everyone else: Don't forget to get mega punch from the move tutor in ilex forest before he changes to giving you a zigzag with headbutt in B3.

Hints on were to find Treecko Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back