• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
You kidding me, you can't edit your own poll? What kind of forum are they running here? lol.

Looking forward to the next screenshot update. Just stopping by to say good luck.

Waudby

Work is being done on Ecobay Town hopefully that will be completed sometime in the near future.

I will also update with the new kinds of items at the same time.

Waudby

odyssey.png

Baaaack Again :PFriday, 30/1/09

Hey everyone. Well it's update time again. And I have a nice treat for you :D

After reading the update read the title of this update, and see if you notice my humour :P

~Ecobay Town:

~The favoured place of Professor Alder, Ecobay Town is host to a few new additions to the Odyssey Feature list.

screenshot%202009.01.30%2014.35.30.0942.png
screenshot%202009.01.30%2014.09.31.0027.png

~The town itself is alive with free roaming Pokémon that are kept by the residents. Pokémon and Humans work together in harmony and sport a very easy going lifestyle.

~The main Pokémon you will see here are Mareep and Combee. The residents use the Mareep's wool to make clothes for the winter time. And also use the honey from Combees.

~The slow pace of life has also helped create a national icon in this village. Old Man Alfred is Everglade's oldest citizen, aged 95. He's always lived in Ecobay Town, he claims that living in the town alongside Pokémon has helped him stay this long.

~New Feature:

screenshot%202009.01.30%2014.35.19.0571.png
screenshot%202009.01.30%2014.35.22.0324.png

screenshot%202009.01.30%2014.35.30.0942.png

~Okay, the new features that are found in Ecobay Town are.....

• Material Items - wool, cotton, fur, leather.
• Expansion.

~Now what do I mean by expansion? Let me explain.

~ In Ecobay Town, there is a mayor. He would like to expand the town further to increase the size of the available farming land. He asks you if you would like to donate $10 000 to help the cause. If you agree then Ecobay Town, will become Ecobay City after you receive a special event item.... Planning Permission :P

With the release of this item, you have to take it to the Mayor and the town will be upgraded.

There will then be more options available such as Clothing Dyes and new types of Material.

Hopefully you've enjoyed this update.

Until next time :D
~Waudby

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Nice update. I like the idea of expanding the town into the City. It acts as a long term goal (since you have to get the planning permission and the money). Good job.
Edit: nice screens.

Last edited:

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Brilliant. The material idea is Peeerfect, I LOVE IT! Expanding towns into cities is brilliant! I think you should be able to get an item called "Shearers", and then shear Mareep yourself...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Great update there, but could you please tell me where your mountain and house tiles are from?
http://fc94.deviantart.com/fs36/f/2008/262/a/7/DP_tiles_for_public_by_Kymotonian.png From the public tiles?

Or possibly from the private tiles that no one is allowed to use (as you love to point out to others)?
tiles.png

Did you not think I'd notice my own tiles? Please don't insult my intelligence, or your own.
I'm sorry but I've let you get away with highway robbery long enough, and personally I find it upsetting to find such a big and popular game maker to steal himself whilst telling others not to use my tiles. Not only is it hypocritical, but I've supported your game since it was small and unpopular and tried to help out and this is how you thank me by stealing?
stealing-1.png

This is also really unfair to others who would like to use my tiles, yet you've been using them without permission.
Don't even get me started on how similar some of your ideas about farming materials and using them to make clothes are to mine and how hardly "unique" these features are.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Waudby did know, he asks me all the time. In fact he asked me a couple of days ago and I said quite clearly no.

Also do I need to make it any more obvious? flip the yellow guy's head around and its the exact same shape and outline, all he did was change the forehead a tiny bit. It's impossible to make it so similar.

And the spiky hair guy is just once again nearly exactly the same, what about the colour palettes? I made them up all custom not like DP, the only way you can explain he has the exact same colours is because he stole.

Plus if it was as innocent as being inspired by me, he wouldn't have a need to hide it. I also remade the DP faces a bit so its all got my own special styles and things I can pinpoint straightaway.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
That's not all though, he completely stole the dark reddish brown mountain tiles which is undeniable.

I agree with you, I mean thats why it upsets me that he'd steal when I even considered him a friend and I was a fan of his game. There's more stuff I could go on about I was keeping quiet about.
morestealing.png

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Damn wow.
To bad it had to come to this..
Stealing? You would be the last person i suspect.
I'm kinda heart-broken.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Hmmm, that's a shame, but doesn't surprise me.
It's just a matter or sorting the tiles and sprites out on Waudby's part and putting this behind him.

Edit:
I guess in a way it was an easy mistake to make in using the tiles. It wasn't too clear if the tiles were private. It wasn't stated on the image, but it was implied.

Last edited:
Reactions:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Thats really sad... That proves that we can't trust on people over internet...

Hmmm, that's a shame, but doesn't surprise me.

Why it doesn't 0_o?

EDIT: Ignore this question, I had forgotten that he "copied" some of your game features idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back