• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dance Champion

Should I add songs without banners or backrounds to the game?

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
Dance Champion 2 Download

Download Songs 3

Dance Champion Download

Instead of using the packages I am going to try something else. below is a winrar file conatining the first few songs. extract the songs to the Songs folder in the Stepmania Program. In the Songs Folder you must create another folder, named w.e. you want and there you extract the songs. It should work now with no problems if there is a problem tell me please. This should work, I am almost 100% sure it will.

Here I am going to post all the stuff not as packages. Hope you enjoy, and remember to continue looking at this post to download the songs since I am going to be updating it with more downloads.

Songs

Songs 2

Songs 3

Songs 4

Songs 5

Songs 6

Themes

Characters
You need the Character Bones to use the Characters
Character Bones

Dance Champion
Well. I hope I am the first to ever try to make a game this rough. I will also be happy to be the first to post anything in the game developmeent forum having to do with a dancing game. Well, this game is a dancing game all on its own. Combined with some of the best DDR(Dance Dance Revolution), and ITG(In The Groove), this game will keep you tapping your arrow keys all day just to beat the hardest songs. Below are some of the features it'll have.

Dance Champion

Offical Song List

1. Amore
2. Bloodrush
3. Bumblebee
4. Clockwork Genesis
5. Cryosleep
6. Determinator
7. Energizer
8. Funk Factory
9. Go 60 Go
10. High
11. Incognito
12. July-Euromix-
13. Life of a Butterfly
14. Liquid Moon
15. Little Kitty Mine
16. Ride the Bass
17. Summer-Speedy Mix-
18. Temple of Boom
19. Tribal Style
20. Twilight
21. Vertex 2
22. Wake Up
23. We Know What To Do
24. 321 Stars
25. Absolute
26. Break Down
27. Baby Baby Gimme Your Love
28. Believe
29. Big Sur Moon
30. Bodom Beach Terror
31. Brilliant 2U
32. Brilliant 2U (Orchestra Groove)
33. Butterfly(Upswing Mix)
34. Bye Bye Baby Ballon
35. Candy
36. Clorophilla
37. Conga Feeling
38. Crazy Train
39. Cuka Bocka
40. Cutie Chaser
41. Dive
42. Diving
43. Dream a Dream
44. Drifting Away
45. Ecstasy
46. Energizer
47. Era
48. Eruption
49. Freq Out
50. Frozen Ray
51. Funk Boogie
52. Go West
53. Hall of the Mountain King
54. Hawaii 5-o Theme
55. High
56. Hollow Bastion / Yes from Kingdom Hearts
57. Hurry Up
58. Hysteria 2001
59. Hysteria Mega Mix
60. Kind Lady
61. Na-Na
62. Orion.78
63. Planet Gemini
64. Planet Rock
65. Reven G
66. Sand Storm
67. Silent Hill
68. Silent Night, Bodum Night
69. Simply Being Loved
70. Take Me Away
71. Tsugaru
72. Vanity Angel
73. Afronova
74. Afronova (From Nonstop Megamix)
75. Burning Heat
76. Kids in America
77. Music
78. Super Star (From Nonstop Megamix)
79. The Whistle Song
80. We are the Champions
81. We Will Rock You.

Features:
Five Difficulty Levels, and a Difficulty rating of 1-15
Over 80 Songs( from DDR and ITG)
1. Beginner(For Novice Players just getting started)
2. Light(Follows patterns which flow with the songs beats)
3. Standard(Steps begin to take much more energy and stamina to complete and many more arrows are placed in)
4. Heavy(The Steps now take a leap in which patterns are very challenging and complicated)
5. Challenge(This is the most challenging, breathtaking, stamina dropping, killer on your heart mode that challenges even the best dancing players. Brace yourself, it wont be easy) Not Available on all songs.

Nonstop Mode
Play to Challenging Courses on your level

Endless
Play every song in the game, can you take the heat!!!

Magic Dance
Exactly like battle mode in ITG except the fact that the computer is a little smarter this time around.

Challenge Mode
Test your skills in this mode.

Over 30 modifiers to bring a challenge to your stepin.

No workout mode. Sorry.

No videos during the songs. I dont have a crew of 80 people with me, sorry. But there will be banners so you could watch as you play.

The question is dancer are you ready for Dance Champion.

My Logo. Lol!!!

My other game will be on hold for a while. Kingdom 2 Rise of the Creator becuase I want to work on this project.

Status so far:
Game 75%
Most of it is already done, like the modes and that. All I need to do is create the songs. The modifiers to are done. And I have 20 songs done so far all difficulties done for them.

So. Any comments.

Wait. Before I forget.

Story:
You are a dancer. And to be the best you must journey through over 450 stepcharts, and defeat the hardest song which is a level of 15, worse than Pandenomia. You'll never beat it. Want to prove me wrong. You can only do so by conquering Dance Champion!!!!!

Alright I am done.
Now any coments. Just a moment of greatness everyone no need to say I am weird.

Here are a few screenies . .
untitled.jpg

untitled1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

untitled3.jpg

untitled4.jpg

Magic Dance (Battle Mode)

untitled5.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
Thanks. If I am sure it should be done in 2 weeks. I should have the first screen up in a sec.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
The screens are up and I'll be posting some more every day. Comments please. And yes these are real screens from the actual game.

Last edited:

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2007
Nice game!!!Interesting topic though:Dancing!!!!

Creativity:1000000/10!!!!!Looks forward to yuor game!!!

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
thanks. if anone has an adapter and a dance pad to hook up to the computer I am pretty sure you can play the game with the pad. You just need that right kind and I think some people do have them. I am also sure that if you have xbox and the internet play thing you can play with the pad and the game is on your television screen. it would be much funner in these ways.

If I am not mistaken doesn't PS2 have an internet play to?

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
Here are some screenies. Hope you enjoy them

untitled10.jpg

untitled9.jpg

untitled8.jpg

untitled7.jpg

untitled6.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
Would any of you mind having some songs without backrounds behind them. The banner are very hard to find and might not be able to find them all so would you mind?

For now though I'll post the songs I have with banners and the poll will be the above question.
Note: All of these songs are finished.
1. Amore
2. Bloodrush
3. Bumblebee
4. Clockwork Genesis
5. Cryosleep
6. Determinator
7. Energizer
8. Funk Factory
9. Go 60 Go
10. High
11. Incognito
12. July-Euromix-
13. Life of a Butterfly
14. Liquid Moon
15. Little Kitty Mine
16. Ride the Bass
17. Summer-Speedy Mix-
18. Temple of Boom
19. Tribal Style
20. Twilight
21. Vertex 2
22. Wake Up
23. We Know What To Do

And I have 22 other songs without banners or backrounds. Now the poll results will show whether I put the songs in the game or not. Some I have to agmit are good on the nonbanner group. Choose Wisely. Th poll will end on Friday.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big update. sorry for the fourth post, but this is a huge huge update:

The song list above has been updated and now I'll show you the songs. I decided not to use songs without banners and backrounds, so the below list all have banners and backrounds. Hope you like the list so far which I am happy to say is almost complete with some great songs and some that havent been released to home versions yet. iT WAS A NIGHTMARE TO FIND THESE SO PLEASE DONT BE MAD IF SOME SONGS YOU DONT LIKE ARE ON THE LIST. I chose these because they were good songs.

Updated List

1. Amore
2. Bloodrush
3. Bumblebee
4. Clockwork Genesis
5. Cryosleep
6. Determinator
7. Energizer
8. Funk Factory
9. Go 60 Go
10. High
11. Incognito
12. July-Euromix-
13. Life of a Butterfly
14. Liquid Moon
15. Little Kitty Mine
16. Ride the Bass
17. Summer-Speedy Mix-
18. Temple of Boom
19. Tribal Style
20. Twilight
21. Vertex 2
22. Wake Up
23. We Know What To Do
24. 321 Stars
25. Absolute
26. Break Down
27. Baby Baby Gimme Your Love
28. Believe
29. Big Sur Moon
30. Bodom Beach Terror
31. Brilliant 2U
32. Brilliant 2U (Orchestra Groove)
33. Butterfly(Upswing Mix)
34. Bye Bye Baby Ballon
35. Candy
36. Clorophilla
37. Conga Feeling
38. Crazy Train
39. Cuka Bocka
40. Cutie Chaser
41. Dive
42. Diving
43. Dream a Dream
44. Drifting Away
45. Ecstasy
46. Energizer
47. Era
48. Eruption
49. Freq Out
50. Frozen Ray
51. Funk Boogie
52. Go West
53. Hall of the Mountain King
54. Hawaii 5-o Theme
55. High
56. Hollow Bastion / Yes from Kingdom Hearts
57. Hurry Up
58. Hysteria 2001
59. Hysteria Mega Mix
60. Kind Lady
61. Na-Na
62. Orion.78
63. Planet Gemini
64. Planet Rock
65. Reven G
66. Sand Storm
67. Silent Hill
68. Silent Night, Bodum Night
69. Simply Being Loved
70. Take Me Away
71. Tsugaru
72. Vanity Angel

Comments Please. Did you like the list? Which songs would you like in there and I'll try to find them. Only 38 more to go. I am going to find ITG songs now, well I'll try. I am also going to try to make song songs unlockables in which you have to play a certain amount of songs to unlock them. As I said before I should have this game done in two weeks, more if I dont think it is fully done, and I dont like it the way it is.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
ooo, i know alot of those! ^-^ Id definetly play it if I had the chance(forcing myself on heavy) I really like candy! is it candy star or candy heart(yea, theres a difference!)

halfling2

Breakfast Squid
Years
Hmm, I don't know if I could get it to work (lack of room for dance pad in computer rooms) but if I could it would be great coz I'm sick of waiting for a new DDR to come out! And what are those circley thingys?

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
Kasanai Tsumi said:
ooo, i know alot of those! ^-^ Id definetly play it if I had the chance(forcing myself on heavy) I really like candy! is it candy star or candy heart(yea, theres a difference!)

it is Candy Star. I perferred Candy Star so I used it. I hope you like Candy Star.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
halfling2 said:
Hmm, I don't know if I could get it to work (lack of room for dance pad in computer rooms) but if I could it would be great coz I'm sick of waiting for a new DDR to come out! And what are those circley thingys?

What do you mean what are those circly things. what circely things?

Anyone who plays wont be dissapointed since it is just like an actual dancing game just the fact that there arent any videos. There will be backrounds though for each song and you wont be left with blank behind the arrows.

Every song will have from beginner to heavy, but some wont have expert. Alot will have expert though that i can guarantee.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
Umm. I am having a little problem people. Is it okay if I only slip 75 songs into the game. I know I promised 100 but would you be fine with it. I am not sure, I might put 100 but for now just pretend like there'll be 80 because i aint sure if i'll do 100.

The real reason is because my dad thinks so many songs will blow up the computer, but i told him it wont so i am going to try to get the promised 100. I am sure though that you'll be happy as long as you get the game, and 80 songs is more than a regular dancing game would have so it shouldn't matter. I am going to say though that the game is fun and my mom, brother, friends, and cousin loved the game, and they are all ddr maniacs, although i am the only one that can do heavy and some experts. You will not be dissapointed and thats a fact.

:surprised Sorry: Everything above forget about it, i need to reinstall my video card so i'll be up and runnin in a few. We are back to 100 songs. Sorry to worry you. lol

Last edited:

DarknessMonkey

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2009
dan48 said:
Umm. I am having a little problem people. Is it okay if I only slip 75 songs into the game. I know I promised 100 but would you be fine with it. I am not sure, I might put 100 but for now just pretend like there'll be 80 because i aint sure if i'll do 100.

The real reason is because my dad thinks so many songs will blow up the computer, but i told him it wont so i am going to try to get the promised 100. I am sure though that you'll be happy as long as you get the game, and 80 songs is more than a regular dancing game would have so it shouldn't matter. I am going to say though that the game is fun and my mom, brother, friends, and cousin loved the game, and they are all ddr maniacs, although i am the only one that can do heavy and some experts. You will not be dissapointed and thats a fact.

:surprised Sorry: Everything above forget about it, i need to reinstall my video card so i'll be up and runnin in a few. We are back to 100 songs. Sorry to worry you. lol
Don't risk your computer over a game, if you don't think you can do it then don't. Besides, 75 songs is good for me. If there were less than I'd hear 'em over & then I'd be mad, so 75 (once again) is ok.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
My video card needed the update. That was not becuas eof the songs. It needed an update. But fine, I'll do 75 songs, just like a real game. Better for me. I'll have it done in a week or two. Till then I'll continue posting updates and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back