• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2010
I like your 'Under Construction' map. :nervous:

Yeah, I felt like pointing out that on Route Orange, you messed up a warp >.< On map 15.2 there are two warps that are told to go to Warp No. 6 on Route Orange, when there isn't a Warp No.6 (even though theres 6 warps.) Just thought I'd point that out before someone gets stuck inside a tree and has to reset their game :P

Oh and that same building, from the outside: When entering from the left side, you end up inside entering from the right...And when entering from the right [outside] you end up entering from the left on the inside...

I hope I wasn't a bother, and that I was actually of some help :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2010
It seems very interesting, The Fakemon are very cute, and I still am able to feel the joy of Pokemon, thumbs up

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
This looks promising, although, a few people have already reported bugs which tells me that you haven't done a lot of beta testing before the release.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Wow, this hack was released very quickly. You probably got help from WAH, am I right? Since no one helped on these forums, and I've never seen this thread until it got posted!

Nice one, I hope you make some more improvements! (making the sprites have less black outline, etc.)!

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2010
This looks promising, although, a few people have already reported bugs which tells me that you haven't done a lot of beta testing before the release.

But..this is the beta test :P

Teh Baro said:
Please submit glitches if you find them. That's what betas are for.

I found quite an annoying bug >.>
When the Phantom uses his pokemon's teleport, the game freezes...

Last edited:

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Sweet!! I saw some videos you did on YouTube. Quartz was one of my Favorite Pokemon Games!! When I knew your were doing Marble, I FREAKED. Great Job Baro!! Love it! <3 I can see you kept you Fakemon! I like your Fakemon. I cant wait to see your new pokemon! I will think of those as your 4th Gen! ^^

@Necrod - No, Baro does just about everything him self, Im sure. Thats why I love him ^^

Love it Baro! I love the Title Screen! I cant belive you put Denfrota, Bultoad, and Roellama for it! Cant wait till next Beta! Unless it will be completed next time XD. I wonder if this hack will take longer then Quartz, cause you only posted Quartz when it was complete. I love Baro's style of Hacking too, and to all those Fu**ing Idoits that.. Grr... I dont even want to get started. I think Baro's knows what I mean XD

20 years is sure along time Difference ^^
After I finish Teh Marble Beta, I think I will celebrate by playing though Quartz for Youtube. ^^

Anyway, Great Job and Good Luck Teh Baro<3

(Im not gay btw, Im just Teh Baro's #1 Fan ^.^)

Last edited:

pokeguy12

The New Esuine
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
ok guys i got a problem, my covolts didn't evolve at lv10 and i found it at lv6 in the hollow woods. what happened?

Dark Empoleon

Armored Emperor Penguin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
I found a kinda weird "glitch", more like a mess up >_>, in the moleman gallery a wild carvanha appeared.

My poor little scimp didn't stand a chance. :(

pokeguy12

The New Esuine
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
hi just to warn you , in hollow woods there ARE missingno:

4lvmissingnotj6.png

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Nice hack!

Things that are good:
New Pokemon look good.
New Graphics
Added events and scripting
Moletown or whatever it's called.
Great maps.
"Secrets" added in, the hentai kid's notebook was a really good idea.

Things that can be improved:
Try to mix things up a bit. It doesn't always have to be this order:
First Town where you get your starters
Route with no trainers
Town with closed GYM and mart where you get an item
Route
Forest
City with first GYM Leader and Museum
Route
Cave area

Try to make it so the player doesn't know where he/she is going next.

Another thing, try to mix the Pokemon up a bit. It's obvious which pokemon were replaced with what (Which isn't a problem), but it would be better if you went to the first route and found different "replaced" pokemon than in Route 1 Kanto. Also, try some new move sets, the mouse learning Metal claw doesn't make much sense. (Although I see the new Weedle has spark, which is good.)

Overall, this looks like its going to be a good hack, I give this a 4/5, keep it up.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
I found a kinda weird "glitch", more like a mess up >_>, in the moleman gallery a wild carvanha appeared.

My poor little scimp didn't stand a chance. :(

I wonder why everyone always has a problem like that >_> People said that about Quartz too. It could depend on the Rom Version. FireRed Rom came out in a V1.0 and V1.1 version. Same with the Quartz. People probley had a different version of Ruby then what Baro used for the Base...

Anyway.. I haven't found anything yet, not that Im that far >_> But I will be sure to let you know ^^

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Pokeguy might have patched a non-clean rom, regarding his posts.

Coolboy man:
Yeah you are right. I was kinda lazy at the beggining, and I liked the first gym to be closed because
Spoiler:
and I want him to be the last leader.
From Kellygreen town in advance, it's when things get mixed. the train will take you to somewhere unexpected
Spoiler:
remember that this is just a beta, showing how is the game going to be, and the stuff I planned will show up later on.
Most pokemon have different movesets, and although I sticked to the original pokedex sometimes. Actually, although first route has bird/mouse, that "mouse" is actually a ground type armadillo. It would be equivalent to pidgey/sandshrew instead of pidgey/rattata, although armorito replaces pikachu and rattata was replaced with bubel (and both have new movesets BTW). I put armorito in first route because it's the most likely common pokemon I could find.
Another example: Ninjice replaces oddish, but it doesn't evolve, it's normal-type and it's moveset was repointed to smeargle's and edited so it has 4 sketchs... wait, something's wrong here, OH MY BAD that WON'T WORK well I'll fix it (I'll make it learn each 5 levels or something... nevermind, I said nothing.

Dark empoleon:
Where exactly in the mole galleries have you found it? I can't find it and AM shows the right pokemons... have you patched a clean rom?

Oh and BTW Scimp wouldn't stand achance against many pokemon... it's as weak as a magikarp (if I remember right, even weaker)

PS: BTW, Went, you that have skipped phantom with the gameshark... found anything else?

Last edited:

pokeguy12

The New Esuine
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
sorry its clean and you need to edit the pokemon icons in your inventory

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
sorry its clean and you need to edit the pokemon icons in your inventory
1- either you have another version of the rom or I doubt that it's clean. I found no missignos (and I played through hollow woods), carvanhas or that stuff and I looked. Also, covolts evolves at level 12. At level 10, gusvolts evolves into covolts

2- I already said (at least in the readme.txt) that the icons are in the TODO list, and I won't get into them until I make all the pokemon, at least the 151 first

Also, I've just fixed
· the rival bug (the script on teh right had an extra command [this happens for recycling existing scripts >_<] that replaced the event) BTW: command 0x63 0xAA 0xXXXX 0xYYYY where A is the person event number, and X and Y are the coordinates, is a command to replace a person event. (don't remember if A was 1 or 2 bytes)

·THE PHANTOM script. A wrong pointer in the last movement, so it pointed to a random sequence of bytes and crashed. Now it spins and dissappears as it was supposed to do in the beggining.

·The texts. put a dot instead of a comma in the shop and MADE the sign in the exit of the galleries (my bad, I forgot it. What you saw there was the script at 0x000000).

Waiting for more glitches support and setting background musics, and a fixed beta will be released soon.

pokeguy12

The New Esuine
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
ok fine but what should i do with the phantom? it just freezes the game....

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
ok fine but what should i do with the phantom? it just freezes the game....

Read my previous post. (And if you wish, Went's post when he reported it)

I'm sorry about that, it is a bug that has been fixed... so in a few days (it can even be tonight, or tomorrow) I'll post the fixed version.
So the best thing you can do is save right before the battle and wait.

Code:
 (-_-)''' Apologies for any inconveniences
/_   _\

PS: Regarding carvanha and the missingno's hex index. I insist that it might be because of not clean roms that had pokemon from the third generation in these zones, so when patching, only the first byte of the pokemon data was replaced (patches just copy differences between roms) but the second (a 01) wasn't. Carvanha is 14a and geodude 4a so that makes sense. I wasted time looking for them in hollow woods and the galleries and haven't found them (and I even found RAKA, the rarest pokemon to find in hollow woods). thanks anyway

If anyone else finds it, please tell me please, though.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Oh, yes, I have just found this in the second battle with the rival:

weirdspritedm8.png

You have a problem with the rival battles >.<

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Oh, yes, I have just found this in the second battle with the rival:

weirdspritedm8.png

You have a problem with the rival battles >.<
Done and gone. Just a mistake choosing the sprite. Probably I didn't see it because I just couldn't play it three times, with each starter. Thanks again.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Wow! Baro this is looking even better than Quartz, I hope you'll be able to finish it.
Good luck.

Back