• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sierra's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial

Years
:D my problem is I made a Wildbattle Script for Moltres in Pokémon Emerald, and I checked a tutorial on YouTube on how to make a Wildbattle Script, I followed everty instruction, and in the End the script worked perfectly, except after defeating it, or run, or capture it, if you gave a step to any direction he would re-appear. So I cahnged the flag to 0x1204 and it crashed the game. Finally, I saved the Moltres script from LeafGreen and it doesnt work. You talk to him, he says Gyaoo! and then there's the fadescreen and he's gone or in rare occurances, you control Moltres, which is BS, since he is in a dark cave and your OW sprite (Brandon/May) will be stuck and unmovable I have the same problem with a Youngster at the 3rd Gym, I have made a thread for it, if anyone can help, reply to it. Thanks

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
:D my problem is I made a Wildbattle Script for Moltres in Pokémon Emerald, and I checked a tutorial on YouTube on how to make a Wildbattle Script, I followed everty instruction, and in the End the script worked perfectly, except after defeating it, or run, or capture it, if you gave a step to any direction he would re-appear. So I cahnged the flag to 0x1204 and it crashed the game. Finally, I saved the Moltres script from LeafGreen and it doesnt work. You talk to him, he says Gyaoo! and then there's the fadescreen and he's gone or in rare occurances, you control Moltres, which is BS, since he is in a dark cave and your OW sprite (Brandon/May) will be stuck and unmovable I have the same problem with a Youngster at the 3rd Gym, I have made a thread for it, if anyone can help, reply to it. Thanks

Well, obviously it wouldn't work, LeafGreen scripts probably works in a different way than Emerald scripts does..
For the problem with the first script, did you put the Flag you used in the script in the Moltres Overworld Person ID at A-Map?
For example, if you ended the script with a "setflag 0x1000", then you need to put "1000" in the Person ID of Moltres Overworld, if i'm not wrong.

Also, if you used a hidesprite, you need to set its value to the Person Event Number which also appears in A-Map.
For example, let's say that the Person Event Number is "21", then you use a "hidesprite 0x15"
(Because "15" is "21" in Hex)

Last edited:
Years
Well, obviously it wouldn't work, LeafGreen scripts probably works in a different way than Emerald scripts does..
For the problem with the first script, did you put the Flag you used in the script in the Moltres Overworld Person ID at A-Map?
For example, if you ended the script with a "setflag 0x1000", then you need to put "1000" in the Person ID of Moltres Overworld, if i'm not wrong.

Also, if you used a hidesprite, you need to set its value to the Person Event Number which also appears in A-Map.
For example, let's say that the Person Event Number is "21", then you use a "hidesprite 0x15"
(Because "15" is "21" in Hex)

Ah, forgot the Hidesprite thingy, thanks Lunos, I also have another problem this time with FR and a hack tool, and I can't find the right thread to post it.

Years
It's the Advance Pokemon Sprite Editor, the thread for it it's closed. The Moltres Script worked, except after I captured it, I was unable to move and the flash circle stuck in a wall. I entered the bag menu, and I could move again, but the flash circle was buggy and it didn't focused on me. After I left and re-entered, it was solved. Help?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
It's the Advance Pokemon Sprite Editor, the thread for it it's closed. The Moltres Script worked, except after I captured it, I was unable to move and the flash circle stuck in a wall. I entered the bag menu, and I could move again, but the flash circle was buggy and it didn't focused on me. After I left and re-entered, it was solved. Help?

Here you have the one i did, it didn't shown any single problem.
Code:
#dynamic 0x0800000

#org @inicio
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @gyao 0x6
cry 0x92 0x0
wildbattle 0x92 0x46 0x0
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0xNumberOfTheMoltresPersonEventNumberInHex
fadescreen 0x0
setflag 0xUnusedFlagI'veUsedThe200
release
end

#org @gyao 
= ¡Gyyaaooooh!
And what problem do you have with Wichu's Advanced Series?
Is one of the most easier tools to use xDDD

Last edited:
Years
And what problem do you have with Wichu's Advanced Series?
Is one of the most easier tools to use xDDD

1. Are you portuguese or brazilian, because you wrote inicio, or I am assuming you are.
2. Wichu's Advance Series is one of the best tools I've used, the problem is I load FireRed and it says data is not LZ77 compressed and all Pokémon are bunch of symbols ad weird texting.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
1. Are you portuguese or brazilian, because you wrote inicio, or I am assuming you are.
2. Wichu's Advance Series is one of the best tools I've used, the problem is I load FireRed and it says data is not LZ77 compressed and all Pokémon are bunch of symbols ad weird texting.

1) Nope, Uruguayan.
2) I've found something in a French forum.
Since i don't know how to speak French i've tried to interpret it as far as i was possible to..
Apparently, it has to do something with the Offset of the Sprite.
1408709060-apse.png

Sorry, i can't help you too much with this.. u_u
The best you could do is create a new thread in Beginner's Lounge exposing the problem and waiting for answers.

Years
1) Nope, Uruguayan.
2) I've found something in a French forum.
Since i don't know how to speak French i've tried to interpret it as far as i was possible to..
Apparently, it has to do something with the Offset of the Sprite.
1408709060-apse.png

Sorry, i can't help you too much with this.. u_u
The best you could do is create a new thread in Beginner's Lounge exposing the problem and waiting for answers.

Yeah, I've seen that French Forum to, I used Bing Translator to help me, it's mostly about indexing images, but I'll post it at the beginner's lounge, with a Print Screen to help

Years
Hello. Dunno if my question is not off-topic but I would really like to use XSE but everytime I try to launch it, I get Runtime-error '380' Invalid property value. I am using 1.1.0.1. Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2022
You know coz I'm really nooby? How would you find existing scripts in XSE? I want to change Steven's script in Pokémon Emerald so he has the Champion battle music and I think I have the right script for it, but I feel like I'd massively screw up something if I were to insert a new script so I just want to find Steven's script and change the one part that controls his battle music. Thanks! :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2021
I'm trying to make a script for fire red. I want to find out how to make a sprite hidden by default, like Oak in pallet town. Basically, I want the sprite to be hidden in the overworld until the showsprite command is used.

pikachux2

Never Evolve
Years
... Me and you are in the same boat buddy. It seems like the most simple question but yet I can't find any answers. My only idea is to set the person ID flag, for the person you want hidden by default, somewhere earlier in the game. But I know, or, I assume there must be a better way. Consider this post the same question. Help us!

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2020
Hello can someone please help with my script.
its as following :

player talks to NPC, NPC says text1, NPC walks 3 tiles to right & looks up, NPC says text2, NPC walks 3 tiles to the left, NPC says text 3.

PROBLEM : NPC does not move at all but shows all text's in a row.
in Advanced map 1.92 my NPC does have the correct # which is 11.

the script :

'---------------
#dynamic 0x6B35B0

#org @start
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 0x6
applymovement 0x11 @move1
waitmovement 0x11
msgbox @talk2 0x6
applymovement 0x11 @move2
waitmovement 0x11
msgbox @talk3 0x6
release
end

#org @move1
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @talk1
= Lets see what the sign says.

#org @talk2
= hmm... Pallet Town.

#org @talk3
= We sure live in a quite town.

please help me out.
scripting is really frustrating and i tried multiple tutorials on pokecommunity and youtube as well..

thanks in regards.

Nirand

BluRose

blu rass
Years
I'm trying to make a script for fire red. I want to find out how to make a sprite hidden by default, like Oak in pallet town. Basically, I want the sprite to be hidden in the overworld until the showsprite command is used.
... Me and you are in the same boat buddy. It seems like the most simple question but yet I can't find any answers. My only idea is to set the person ID flag, for the person you want hidden by default, somewhere earlier in the game. But I know, or, I assume there must be a better way. Consider this post the same question. Help us!
correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure oak is hidden in pallet town by a level script, as are the npcs that move around in cerulean (i.e. police officer in front of robbed house and slowbro girl)
i can pull these up really quickly, but it's easy to see for yourselves :)

You know coz I'm really nooby? How would you find existing scripts in XSE? I want to change Steven's script in Pokémon Emerald so he has the Champion battle music and I think I have the right script for it, but I feel like I'd massively screw up something if I were to insert a new script so I just want to find Steven's script and change the one part that controls his battle music. Thanks! :)
1.) in advancemap, make sure you have xse as your chosen script editor
2.) open steven's room in advancemap
3.) go to "header" and select the level script shown below by selecting "Open Script" or something like that, it's probably just "Open" shown next to the offset
i can get some actual screenshots for you if my explanation is horrible

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 23, 2020
I can't get player events on Advance Map to call on the scripts I write, even though they have the same offset. Any ideas?

BluRose

blu rass
Years
I can't get player events on Advance Map to call on the scripts I write, even though they have the same offset. Any ideas?

Hm? You making sure to use the offset it gives you after compiling and not the dynamic offset you provide at the beginning of the script? You making sure to actually compile?
If you're using XSE, then I know that a mistake I made for the longest time is that I kept on Debugging instead of Compiling, haha...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 19, 2016
PROBLEM : NPC does not move at all but shows all text's in a row.
in Advanced map 1.92 my NPC does have the correct # which is 11.
Nirand

I think your problem is that XSE works with hexadecimal numbers, not decimal which means that the npc number 11 isnt 0x11 but "B" so, You should actually write

"applymovement 0xB @move"

Back