• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Hey guys,

I'm currently overseas and have gone and left my ds/games back home. Since I have some free time, I was hoping to do a challenge or two, but I've exhausted myself of Kanto and Johto, and would appreciate a break from Hoenn for a bit. I really want to do Sinnoh and Unova, but I want to know if anyone can recommend an emulator to use?

Please understand that I am not requesting roms, just an emulator.

Also, I would prefer if there were some way to have sped up gameplay? Maybe not to th degree of the speed button on vba, but something to allow me to quicker complete a challenge.

Cheers in advance.

And I just remembered something else - can someone enlighten me on how to make banners? Or know someone who could do some? I really like the look of (for example) jdthebud's banner for his USCs.

Cheers

I think your question may be better suited to the emulation forum. In fact there may already be a thread there with recommended emulators. :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 21, 2020
I came up with an idea. Someone probably came up with this idea. Its basically a Weakness challange. So, say you chose Bulbasaur. You cannot catch any Pokemon unless Bulbasaur is weak to that Pokemon or its Evolutions. It would be interesting to see what you will catch. Also, when you catch a Pokemon you have to progress onto that Pokemons weakness. Also, you can't have 2 Pokemon of the same type... Heres an example team for the Weakness challange so you get the idea. Bulbasaur>Growlithe>Tentacool>Mr. Mime>Caterpie>Pidgey

If no-one has made a challange like this, I will make this challange because I like the idea of it. I'll also participate in it.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I came up with an idea. Someone probably came up with this idea. Its basically a Weakness challange. So, say you chose Bulbasaur. You cannot catch any Pokemon unless Bulbasaur is weak to that Pokemon or its Evolutions. It would be interesting to see what you will catch. Also, when you catch a Pokemon you have to progress onto that Pokemons weakness. Also, you can't have 2 Pokemon of the same type... Heres an example team for the Weakness challange so you get the idea. Bulbasaur>Growlithe>Tentacool>Mr. Mime>Caterpie>Pidgey

If no-one has made a challange like this, I will make this challange because I like the idea of it. I'll also participate in it.

It sounds familiar, but I'm not sure if anyone made it. Also it's good that you know to sign yourself up (most common mistake ever).

Also can someone choose the last Pokémon for my challenge, it's free choice. Click Here.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Your wish has been granted, Vappy! I'm getting behind on my Emerald HoF. With school starting and all it's been bleh. :(

Years
It sounds familiar, but I'm not sure if anyone made it. Also it's good that you know to sign yourself up (most common mistake ever).

Also can someone choose the last Pokémon for my challenge, it's free choice. Click Here.

Is there a thread for the HoF challenge? If so, I may be interested in doing it (since my Favorite challenge is basically a bust b/c no eggs ;; ).

vaporeon7

Years
Is there a thread for the HoF challenge? If so, I may be interested in doing it (since my Favorite challenge is basically a bust b/c no eggs ;; ).

There isn't, Sydian made a note that many people take a lot of time to do them, and they have a potential of death, so they really just happen in blogs. They work well there though.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I might do one eventually. I am capable of breeding every Pokemon right now, so you know, whatever. It looks like a really long process though. o 3o

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, Hall of Fame is just a personal challenge I made for myself, and vaporeon7 is the only other person I know that's doing it. Someone once asked me to make them a team for a gen II one, but I never saw them again lol. It's just something I feel that if you're gonna do it, make it a personal thing. Doesn't need to be community wise, as it's pretty difficult and it allows someone to set their own rules. It's tons of fun though, but you run the risk of getting burnt out on some Pokemon. I did it for gen V when White was new and I don't wanna use most gen V Pokemon again after it haha.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I need to beat the Rematch Iris in W2, but after that I may do one for the Unova 2 dex. It will likely be a very leisurely pace though since I have a bunch of other challenges I do.

Years
Oh I see, so there aren't any like set rules of it? Or I'm a total dunce tonight and am not comprehending anything.

Sidenote: Necrrum you are my hero

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
I always thought that it would be good to make a challenge to make people reconsider some aspects of pokemon they didn't before. What about the Earth, Sky, and Life challenge where the stats that come into play are weight, height, and HP.
You set two pokemon on your team to be representative to each Earth, Sky, and Life, and the heavier, taller, or more HP they have, the better off you are.
Ex: Earth representatives total 200 lbs, you may allow 2 pokemon to hold items.
Get 20 feet from sky reps, you may use super potions
Get 150 total HP from Life reps and you are allowed to switch your pokemon out.

This isn't set in stone yet but I think a general "improvement" system as in the more of these stats the more freedom you have could work. Lemme know what you think.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I always thought that it would be good to make a challenge to make people reconsider some aspects of pokemon they didn't before. What about the Earth, Sky, and Life challenge where the stats that come into play are weight, height, and HP.
You set two pokemon on your team to be representative to each Earth, Sky, and Life, and the heavier, taller, or more HP they have, the better off you are.
Ex: Earth representatives total 200 lbs, you may allow 2 pokemon to hold items.
Get 20 feet from sky reps, you may use super potions
Get 150 total HP from Life reps and you are allowed to switch your pokemon out.

This isn't set in stone yet but I think a general "improvement" system as in the more of these stats the more freedom you have could work. Lemme know what you think.
It does seem like an interesting concept, but one that requires a little fine tuning perhaps. Though, to be honest, I don't really know what to do to make it work.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh I see, so there aren't any like set rules of it? Or I'm a total dunce tonight and am not comprehending anything.

As long as you're not changing it too much to where it's not recognizable haha. The general rules are that you pick a generation (or you can do all gens) and get a team of 6 put together (I asked the community for my Pokemon, which you can see if you check my blog and look at the Unova Hall of Fame section) and use them to beat the Elite Four, thus getting into the Hall of Fame. You use only fully evolved forms, however you could use all Pokemon including NFE if you want. When doing it by generation, I include baby Pokemon that were introduced (using Wynaut for gen III HoF) and using Pokemon that were previously stand alone (Scyther in a gen I HoF). You can't use the E4 to grind levels, obviously.

I hope that makes sense? It's almost midnight lmfao.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years

To answer an old question, there was a Gym Disadvantage challenge where you could only use Pokemon in each Gym that were weak to the Gym's "main" type, but nothing exactly like what you said.

vaporeon7

Years
As long as you're not changing it too much to where it's not recognizable haha. The general rules are that you pick a generation (or you can do all gens) and get a team of 6 put together (I asked the community for my Pokemon, which you can see if you check my blog and look at the Unova Hall of Fame section) and use them to beat the Elite Four, thus getting into the Hall of Fame. You use only fully evolved forms, however you could use all Pokemon including NFE if you want. When doing it by generation, I include baby Pokemon that were introduced (using Wynaut for gen III HoF) and using Pokemon that were previously stand alone (Scyther in a gen I HoF). You can't use the E4 to grind levels, obviously.

I hope that makes sense? It's almost midnight lmfao.

That is pretty much it. The one I'm doing at the moment is every Pokémon in existence in Black 2. They're lots of fun and great for people who want to do a challenge, but not start a new game.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
It does seem like an interesting concept, but one that requires a little fine tuning perhaps. Though, to be honest, I don't really know what to do to make it work.

Yeah at that point it was just the basic concept, but I think I have a general idea now. How is this?

The Earth, Sky, and Life Challenge:

Every Pokemon has an inherent energy in them that often remains untapped. As trainers, our battling styles as well as modern technology have made it so that these aspects of Pokemon are little more than a simple statistic. But as a purist, one should be aware of the limits, and triumphs of the inherent energies in Pokemon through this challenge.

Simply, there are 3 aspects in this challenge Earth (shown by Weight), Sky (visible in Height), and Life (correlating to HP). Each Pokemon you catch and use in your party will immediately specialize in one of these aspects, and the inherent energy from them will be put to use. However, once a Pokemon has chosen a specialty, it cannot switch to another. More than that, without utilizing these specialties to optimal levels can make being a trainer rather difficult...unless you enjoy restrictions.

The energies go as such:
(I haven't put specific amounts up yet so I'm just going in cumlulative order)

Earth: The ability of the Pokemon to use it's own potential.
?? total lbs: One Pokemon may hold an item
?? total lbs: Two Pokemon my hold items
?? total lbs: Six Pokemon may hold items

Sky: The ability of Pokemon to use the potential of the environment
?? total feet: Potions and all Single Status cures may be used
?? total feet: Super Potions and Fresh Water may be used
?? total feet: Hyper Potions, all berries, Soda Pop, and Lemonade my be used
?? total feet: Moomoo Milk, full heals, and all Herbs may be used
?? total feet: Max Potions and PP increasing items may be used
?? total feet: All items may be used

Life: The ability of Pokemon to use the potential of it's wisdom
?? total HP: You may use TMs and HMs
?? total HP: You may run away from battles
?? total HP: You may use items during battle
?? total HP: You may switch out Pokemon during battle

Keep in mind that you may opt to specialize all of your Pokemon in a single aspect, or balance them out across, but neglect a single one and you may find that the life of a purist can be quite...challenging.

Life got fewer mainly because it is hard to find specific trainer tactic restrictions and restricting the bike I thought would be too much with TMs and HMs being conditional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back